hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have the Hibs ladies captain and Tam got history? She can't look at him when he's talking 😂
    Perhaps she’ll just burst out laughing at some of the nonsense he spouts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Dont think the centre backs deserve any stick, held up well under pressure the day, my main gripe is the amount of crosses that come into the box, far to many, seems like a constant barrage at times. That will b punished in future if it continues.

Delighted with the win. Performances will improve

Thought we were excellent first half, used the ball well and created a few good chances and looked set to add to our 2-0 lead until their goal.

After half-time we seemed to have changed our shape to more of a 4-5-1 it looked like and after that Allan struggled to get into the game as no one other than Nesbitt was really darted forward for him, Wright never really got that much involved and didn't seem to know if he was playing inside or out wide. Nesbitt looked a bit lonely up that end of the park as well and struggled to make much of an impact without the likes of Boyle playing round him.

I'm sure we had reasons for changing our shape at the time but in hindsight it probably invited Kilmarnock back into the game, but I thought we defended really well in the end and its a great starting point for the season.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Defensively we were good but I thought Killie were the better team without threatening Marciano. We still look a bit soft in the middle with
    too many players easily brushed off the ball.

Can we end the season now? In the interest of everyone's safety obviously.........😉

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Last year we'd have drawn or lost that game
    Exactly what I think. At 2-1 I thought here we go again. Well done Hibs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    Dont think the centre backs deserve any stick, held up well under pressure the day, my main gripe is the amount of crosses that come into the box, far to many, seems like a constant barrage at times. That will b punished in future if it continues.

agree. 3 CH's did well , especially as one of them is a weakling and the other not very good. ;-). Change to 442 and Stevenson tightened us up later in the game. Doig struggled a bit as the game went on against a very experienced Burke. Will learn from it though, looks a good prospect

Pretty uninspiring stuff that! Missed first 30 minutes, what I saw was pretty poor - Killie will be disappointed at not getting a point -

Stream was mostly fine here in Germany, tv studio idea is decent, chat was ok - link up to to fan in Australia was neat, pity the Hibs TV wall has gone -

Seems to me that we lost a goal through the usual dithering around, decent strike by Burke - our two goals were well taken by Boyle. We still don't work anywhere near hard enough on the park as a team - didn't think Killie were very good, but they had us on the backfoot for far too long and we were were unable to do anything about it - better teams will punish us: so little has changed there - still, 1st game of season so 3 points is fine, I guess.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    Perhaps she’ll just burst out laughing at some of the nonsense he spouts?
    Harsh. Tambo is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Defensively we were good but I thought Killie were the better team without threatening Marciano. We still look a bit soft in the middle with
    Spot on.

Left by mutual consent!
    A few months ago we would have drawn that game. Today we found a new resolve to see matches out and improve our game management.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Centre midfield was very weak. Allan and Newall just couldn’t keep the ball.
    Nisbet and Wright has very quiet debuts.
    Porteous was excellent and the whole defence played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought Doig was a little shaky today's after a fairly solid pre season game against Celtic. Not going too give him much stick though as he was generally ok...ish and deserved his start. Much needed competition for Stevenson and I expect he'll improve going forward with more minutes under his belt.

Other than that though I agree with everything else you said. Defence was fairly solid for the most part. Nisbet was pretty poor and couldn't get in to the game. Newall was a little disappointing but was too bad. Allan got an assist but for the most part he continued to give the ball away. Wright was somewhat anonymous.

Subs changed the game and came a little later than I'd have liked. Doidge was excellent when he came on. Horgan done well to hold the ball up and run down time. Stevenson made a great block. Hallberg wasn't on for long to make much of an impact but we definitely finished better considering a really poor 2nd half.

It's the first game for some though and we're only going to get better. Good result when all is said and done! GGTTH.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I don’t think they were really the better team. It could easily have been 3 or 4 to us by half time.

Coaching Staff
    I thought the cardboard cutouts played with more skill and movement!

First half we were excellent and 4 nil at half time wouldn't have been unfair.
    2nd half a slog but a win is a win

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

For all the gripes we could, and should, have won that 3-1 should we have been given the stonewall penalty towards the end.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I don’t think they were really the better team. It could easily have been 3 or 4 to us by half time.
    Fair comment Andy but they certainly dominated in the second half. Early days though and a good win.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Have the Hibs ladies captain and Tam got history? She can't look at him when he's talking 😂
    A damn fine looking woman.

Very reliant on Boyle still. Not great. But we just need to get points on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Tam isnae too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Very reliant on Boyle still. Not great. But we just need to get points on the board.
    This is the worry. If he leaves we are bang average.

They can dominate the ball all they want, they genuinely offered zero threat. Scored a screamer, and that was it. We seen the game out professionally and it’s a job well done on week 1 against one of our rivals.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    We can't afford Scott Allan to be playing like that. Apart from the assist which was brilliant, every other pass went either out of play or straight to a Killie player. Not much change from last season unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    They can dominate the ball all they want, they genuinely offered zero threat. Scored a screamer, and that was it. We seen the game out professionally and it’s a job well done on week 1 against one of our rivals.
    If we’d been offered a 1-1 draw before the game we’d have been a bit disappointed but not overly so. A win against a good Killie side will always be a decent result.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    We can't afford Scott Allan to be playing like that. Apart from the assist which was brilliant, every other pass went either out of play or straight to a Killie player. Not much change from last season unfortunately.
    I said it elsewhere - Stevie Mallan gets absolutely slaughtered for a lot less.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Funny how before the game you would have said defence is the biggest worry.

Now following the game, defence did great(at lest centrally) and Gogic looks the part. Its our balance and ability to keep the ball midfield/forward which is the worry for me.

Overall got the job done, Gogic will be big for us, Doig did decent, Nisbet gets an assist despite not much else and Newell looking really composed in the middle. Much to build on so good stuff, onto the next one!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Have you had a day on the gin?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Funny how before the game you would have said defence is the biggest worry.

Now following the game, defence did great(at lest centrally) and Gogic looks the part. Its our balance and ability to keep the ball midfield/forward which is the worry for me.

Overall got the job done, Gogic will be big for us, Doig did decent, Nisbet gets an assist despite not much else and Newell looking really composed in the middle. Much to build on so good stuff, onto the next one!
    There’s something about Newell that makes me think he’s going to be the first name on the team sheet this season. Always composed, neat and tidy with a good set piece delivery on him. Works hard too.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This.