hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: BT Sports

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

BT Sports

I’m watching the post match coverage of the games today and it’s excellent, football people talking about football. Their coverage of Scottish football was head and shoulders above what sky gave us, I would tune into the BT coverage of a game early to watch the build up as it was worth watching. I get that sky cover more through their news channel but the matchday coverage is stale. I really hope sky have got something better than Neil Mcann and Chris Boyd sitting in a box talking ***** to offer us this season.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Loved BTs coverage of Scottish football was down to money and Sky paid more

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loved BTs coverage of Scottish football was down to money and Sky paid more
    It was, but it’s now up to sky to make it as good. I hope they don’t just continue as they were. Their coverage has been awful compared to BT.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It was, but it’s now up to sky to make it as good. I hope they don’t just continue as they were. Their coverage has been awful compared to BT.
    Although less air time Kris Boyd gets the better 😉

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Sky still use Andy Walker and Davie Provan - both awful, awful commentators/summarisers.

BT’s coverage was excellent, and they’ll be missed from Scottish football.

Hopefully Hibs TV provides a good alternative - done well, it should be a sellable product in its own right even when we’re back in the stadium.

Imagine a Friday night preview show dedicated to Hibs, for instance - then the match replay on a Sunday morning with good analysis, and features through the week etc.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Sky still use Andy Walker and Davie Provan - both awful, awful commentators/summarisers.

Hopefully Hibs TV provides a good alternative - done well, it should be a sellable product in its own right even when we’re back in the stadium.

Imagine a Friday night preview show dedicated to Hibs, for instance - then the match replay on a Sunday morning with good analysis, and features through the week etc.
    You’d hope there is a long term view as well as short term, HibsTv should be a must have but unsure how popular it actually is.. personally don’t have it (will now due the free access for season ticket holders)

You’d hope there is a long term view as well as short term, HibsTv should be a must have but unsure how popular it actually is.. personally don’t have it (will now due the free access for season ticket holders)
    I'd probably pay a tenner a month to have footage every night of the grass growing at ER and HTC

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I'd probably pay a tenner a month to have footage every night of the grass growing at ER and HTC
    Where do I sign up??

Where do I sign up??
    HSL

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Being mates of Charlie Nic obviously is enough to get you jobs at Sky, jeez they even use McInally also. Talk about cronyism. Both Walker and Provan are awful really negative and slag off rather than praise without decent analysis. Should be getting much better imo.

I always thought Chris Sutton was negative, certainly when he started, then BT moulded him into the pantomime villain and played up to it. He would call people brainless and clueless etc. Never quite got it myself.

End of the day, if they wanted Scottish football, they would have paid the money and they didn’t.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    I will certainly not miss Stephen Craigan

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    I will certainly not miss Stephen Craigan
    Oft. Same! Guy is so negative towards Hibs for some reason. And in general he just annoyed me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post
    I always thought Chris Sutton was negative, certainly when he started, then BT moulded him into the pantomime villain and played up to it. He would call people brainless and clueless etc. Never quite got it myself.

End of the day, if they wanted Scottish football, they would have paid the money and they didn’t.
    Sutton on the wind-up is still levels ahead of Walker and Provan, who are dreadful.

Despite BT losing the rights, i generally felt that their pundits knew the Scottish game. Sky pundits generally seem to know the Glasgow teams and not much else.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Never been a fan of Andy Walker since he once described HIBS as being a “ provincial club” ?

He always looked as though he could not be arsed being here as a player and did not appreciate how big a club we actually are and that it should be a pleasure to play for such a fantastic club in front of our brilliant fans

McCoist, Hartson and Darren Fletcher joining Sky’s coverage.

Kris Commons bumped.

Boyd and McFadden still part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Never been a fan of Andy Walker since he once described HIBS as being a “ provincial club” ?

He always looked as though he could not be arsed being here as a player and did not appreciate how big a club we actually are and that it should be a pleasure to play for such a fantastic club in front of our brilliant fans

Andy Walker is a complete ********. His roaring and greeting in the aftermath of the pitch invasion was as pathetic as his "football knowledge". Man is a bumbling buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Kris Commons bumped.

Thank **** they got rid of Commons. Guy could barely string a sentence together.

Hartson is awful too. In fact the majority of ex players are awful.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Kris Commons bumped.

Boyd & McFadden are hopeless, but McCoist and Hartson are decent and hopefully Darren Fletcher gives something from an Edinburgh perspective.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Good to hear about McCoist and Fletcher, would rather McCoist do the commentary and they punt Waker. Disappointed Boyd is still there, must be up there with one of the worst pundits about

Darren Fletcher is a rookie pundit, but already way more articulate and thoughtful than Boyd and Hartson.

McCoist is fine to listen too, can be quite entertaining.

The others are utter dross, Andy Walker is your mate with shan patter, no original opinions but is always available for a pint.