hibs.net Messageboard

Page 147 of 436 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 13062
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's plenty from you, I don't want nightmares!
    You could live with it! the nightmare would be me going for the flat!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Some team they are putting together btw
    Aye noticed Paul Paton had signed for them too

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Chris Erskine signs for East Kilbride. Bit of an odd one that. A few seasons ago I hoped Hibs would make a move. Now in the Lowland league.
    They just signed Paul Paton and a few other players that we probably came up against in the championship.

Kallum Higginbotham signed for Kelty as well. Quite a few dropping down to that level.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    They just signed Paul Paton and a few other players that we probably came up against in the championship.

Kallum Higginbotham signed for Kelty as well. Quite a few dropping down to that level.
    They’re probably not far off getting the same wage either.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    They’re probably not far off getting the same wage either.
    Who’s bank rolling them

Poor players though really. They should try to snap up good young players, not washes up ones like Erskine and Higginbotham. Those guys are going nowhere but down.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Poor players though really. They should try to snap up good young players, not washes up ones like Erskine and Higginbotham. Those guys are going nowhere but down.
    Higginbotham was always a thorn in our side

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Doidge is guaranteed to start the season with the jersey. He’s earned that. Unless he’s done something daft like came back really unfit after lockdown. Which he won’t have.
    Doidge is for my money the best striker outwith Glasgow in the top flight. Nobody else has the knack he has for being in the right place and finding the net, irrelevant of how attractive or not his goals are.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Doidge is for my money the best striker outwith Glasgow in the top flight. Nobody else has the knack he has for being in the right place and finding the net, irrelevant of how attractive or not his goals are.
    Completely agree. Sam Cosgrove gets plaudits for tap-ins whereas Doidge is seen as lucky. I really like him.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Completely agree. Sam Cosgrove gets plaudits for tap-ins whereas Doidge is seen as lucky. I really like him.
    Absolutely

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s up there. Think he needs to tuck away a couple in high profile games to get the recognition his play deserves.

Aye like others have said I’m not sure he’d be worth the risk when we’d be paying his full wage.

If he’d shown more on loan especially 2nd time around I would’ve been more keen but always thought he looked a bit unfit.

I have no qualms going with Doidge, Nisbet & Gullan under the circumstances
    Plus he came out and said he would jump at the chance to g0back to Coventry. Should get to Coventry then.
    Last edited by badabing67; 15-07-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Higginbotham was always a thorn in our side
    Was he? I remember him scoring a penalty and celebrating like a fanny Infront of us only to lose 3-1.

Also remember him equalising at Easter road in a game we were strolling till a Fontaine injury and a gray mistake.

Otherwise don't think he has ever done anything in his career. John Robertson, Paul Hartley, Gary Hooper. Those guys were always thorns in our side. Higginbotham scored the odd penalty in the championship.

Agree. But on JKB they're calling him Tap-in Tommy. They really know how to hurt us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    There can't be anything in the Norwich connection.

At least I hope there's not as I don't want that snake staying anywhere near me.

I think the paper has just thrown a random club or two in there, there's nothing to stop them really. Maybe his agent is trying to create false interest.
    Think there could be something in the Norwich connection. They have just been relegated and need to regroup they are bound to at least aiming for the play offs next season. They are a well run club and do shrewd business. They are a club that has done well recruiting from the SPFL over a period. I think they will be well aware of Kamberi and what he has to offer. I think Chris Sutton still has strong links with his old club and he is well informed about the Scottish scene, I think he would advise them on who would or wouldn't be worth a punt. I think Kamberi would do ok there. Would love them to put a bid in. Seriously hope they are interested along with Middlesbrough and they rest to put us in a strong negotiating position for his signature. There has been a few that have played for Norwich and Hibs fairly recently Marc Libbra, Whitty, Grant Holt to name a few cant think of any others of the top of my head. But you see my point
    Last edited by badabing67; 15-07-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Was he? I remember him scoring a penalty and celebrating like a fanny Infront of us only to lose 3-1.

Also remember him equalising at Easter road in a game we were strolling till a Fontaine injury and a gray mistake.

Otherwise don't think he has ever done anything in his career. John Robertson, Paul Hartley, Gary Hooper. Those guys were always thorns in our side. Higginbotham scored the odd penalty in the championship.
    Always played well against us. Far from a poor player from what I saw of him. Didn't watch every week mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Agree. But on JKB they're calling him Tap-in Tommy. They really know how to hurt us.
    Wonder how many Doidge tap-ins would have kept Hearts up?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Scored an amazing overhead kick against us in a 4-1 defeat by Motherwell. https://youtu.be/mjKifmO9uaA

He played against Hibs 9 times scoring 5 goals and getting 2 assists. Fair to say he was often a thorn in our side IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    Think there could be something in the Norwich connection. They have just been relegated and need to regroup they are bound to at least aiming for the play offs next season. They are a well run club and do shrewd business. They are a club that has done well recruiting from the SPFL over a period. I think they will be well aware of Kamberi and what he has to offer. I think Chris Sutton still has strong links with his old club and he is well informed about the Scottish scene, I think he would advise them on who would or wouldn't be worth a punt. I think Kamberi would do ok there. Would love them to put a bid in. Seriously hope they are interested along with Middlesbrough and they rest to put us in a strong negotiating position for his signature. There has been a few that have played for Norwich and Hibs fairly recently Marc Libbra, Whitty, Grant Holt to name a few cant think of any others of the top of my head. But you see my point
    Norwich definitely keep a keen eye on the Scottish Premiership, there's no doubting that, they've had a strong Scottish contingent for a good while. I just don't think they'll be interested in Flo, he doesn't really fit the profile for players they sign from Scotland. They also have 4 strikers on the books, as far as I'm aware none of them are rumoured to be out the door.

Stranger things have happened, I just don't think Kamberi is anything like good enough to be of interest to a Championship club with their eyes set on winning the league.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    If Mcgregor or Porteous stamped on a hearts player they would be hailed heroes by some. Mcnulty was a good signing for us and could still be. He has missed a lot of football since leaving Coventry. A good pre season and regular playing time would do him the world of good to get him back scoring goals again. That might not be with us but will go on and score goals again if given regular games at the right club.
    Iirc Ivan Sproule stamped on a Hearts player too. He remains a Hibs leg end and folk hero to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Scored an amazing overhead kick against us in a 4-1 defeat by Motherwell. https://youtu.be/mjKifmO9uaA

He played against Hibs 9 times scoring 5 goals and getting 2 assists. Fair to say he was often a thorn in our side IMO.
    My point exactly

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

I’d call that a thorn in our side tbh.

This rebuttal should be interesting
    Last edited by Stuart93; 15-07-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inconsequential View Post
    Iirc Ivan Sproule stamped on a Hearts player too. He remains a Hibs leg end and folk hero to this day.
    At least Ivan done it when the game had gone and was a great player for the club, even then it was still pathetic. McNulty was the opposite.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Wonder how many Doidge tap-ins would have kept Hearts up?
    Their guy who "scores in every city", but doesn't, he had an important tap in and completely missed the ball and fell over if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I’d call that a thorn in our side tbh.

This rebuttal should be interesting

TBF, the boy can argue.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    At least Ivan done it when the game had gone and was a great player for the club, even then it was still pathetic. McNulty was the opposite.
    There’s no difference. And I include Deek in that when he just went full out assault mode on Skacel (which ive no complaints about). No idea why you hate sparky that much.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Their guy who "scores in every city", but doesn't, he had an important tap in and completely missed the ball and fell over if I remember correctly.

Looked like he fainted with excitement. Besides Dingwall isn't a city.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Looked like he fainted with excitement. Besides Dingwall isn't a city.
    Good point, that's probably why he decided not to score.
    Mind you that doesn't explain his failure to score in cities, sounds like more maroon ***** to me.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Do you mean THIS guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Do you mean THIS guy?

A tremendous effort I agree but I'm thinking of the mouthy guy that Stendel brought in.

Sir Matt Busby