Thread: Steven fletcher

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar

Steven fletcher

See he has rejected contract extension

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Bring him home.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Yeah, would have him back here but don't know if we could afford him.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

1 year deal would be sensational

Way way out our wage bracket

We've no chance of matching the wage offers he'll still get in England after the season he's just had. Can only hope he wants back up the road for family reasons. He'd be a brilliant signing even at 33.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Way way out our wage bracket
    He is but he shouldn't be he is not worth the money he will be asking. Ask Sunderland fans what they think when he was posing alongside his Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    He is but he shouldn't be he is not worth the money he will be asking. Ask Sunderland fans what they think when he was posing alongside his Ferrari.
    What he gets paid isn't his fault. Good luck to him and every penny he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    What he gets paid isn't his fault. Good luck to him and every penny he makes.
    Correct, however what he delivers for that pay is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...nger-fans.html
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 24-06-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Regardless of the above bickering I'm pretty sure wages circa 30k a week are a teeny weeny bit beyond us.

Could go one way or the other. Number one is us being no where near capable of matching the wages or number two being no one down south willing to match his wages all given the current climate of course. If Number two proves to be the case at 33, it wouldn’t be such a bad move for him to come back up the road here and enjoy what years he may have left and maybe start focusing more closely on his coaching should that be the path he chooses, something similar to Naismith with hearts. I’m sure however Fletch still feels he’s got a decent crack left in him and is still in and about the Scotland squad and will have more suiting offers this summer. Most intriguing point of it all would be how’d he fit in with Doidge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, however what he delivers for that pay is.
    And what he delivered for that pay at Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship has been good. He's just had a great season. He'll easily have other offers in the Championship again should he want to stay down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    And what he delivered for that pay at Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship has been good. He's just had a great season. He'll easily have other offers in the Championship again should he want to stay down there.
    Not looking for an argument but 7 goals in two years at Sunderland when he was in his prime was somewhat disappointing.

I like him and I'm sure he would do well in Scotland however I simply don't think he is worth what I would imagine his agent will be looking for. As squashed said that is not Stevens problem.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    A move back to Hibs for a year may suit him and his family. Not a crazy idea.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Not looking for an argument but 7 goals in two years at Sunderland when he was in his prime was somewhat disappointing.

I like him and I'm sure he would do well in Scotland however I simply don't think he is worth what I would imagine his agent will be looking for. As squashed said that is not Stevens problem.
    And we would not be offering anything like the money he may get down south, but if he wanted back up the road, then i'd have thought Celtic apart, he'd come to us if he still wanted to play.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Putting aside the fact we could only afford him if he wanted to come back, is he too similar in style to Doidge or could they play together?

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    A move back to Hibs for a year may suit him and his family. Not a crazy idea.
    But probably in 5 years :)

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Why so bitter?

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Putting aside the fact we could only afford him if he wanted to come back, is he too similar in style to Doidge or could they play together?

SF is a very intelligent player. He could play with Doidge, but that pairing would lack the pace to stretch defences.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Benny Factor will buy him for the jumbos.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    SF is a very intelligent player. He could play with Doidge, but that pairing would lack the pace to stretch defences.
    True, but so much of the game is played in the final third of the field. Maybe pace out wide is more essential and we have that at the moment. Fletcher is a clever player, as is Doidge. They would be a useful pairing in our league.

Doidge is no slouch, think he’s pretty clever as well and could partner all kinds of different strike partners

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Why so bitter?
    Bitter and wrong, it was a Lamborghini.

United we stand here....

His record at Sunderland in a piss poor side with him having bad injury issues is actually a goal every 3.5 games (90 minutes that is). Not great sure but not actually that bad.

Very good record over 2 years for Wolves. He actually had 4 very good seasons in the premier league which is enough to earn you a good wage for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 24-06-2020 at 08:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Doidge is no slouch, think he’s pretty clever as well and could partner all kinds of different strike partners
    Some say his goals where he’s beaten the keeper to an easy catch and the like were lucky but Doidge is switched on. He knows when to pressure a keeper or defender and when not to, scores with both feet and his head and although it’s rarely pretty his game intelligence is as good as we’ve had from a striker in years.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    I read a good article on The Athletic about him - really highly rated as a team player down there. Arguably earned the lost money.out of the “golden generation” - he’s had a great career. Scott Brown beats him for medals but for money and longevity he seems to be the one.

I’d take him back in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    True, but so much of the game is played in the final third of the field. Maybe pace out wide is more essential and we have that at the moment. Fletcher is a clever player, as is Doidge. They would be a useful pairing in our league.

You may well be right. Anyhow it’s a squad game and I’d love SF back in our squad.

@hibs.net private member
    Has he learned to use his right foot yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Has he learned to use his right foot yet?

Yeah he stands, walks and runs on it just fine.

Why so bitter?
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Bitter and wrong, it was a Lamborghini.
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    His record at Sunderland in a piss poor side with him having bad injury issues is actually a goal every 3.5 games (90 minutes that is). Not great sure but not actually that bad.

Very good record over 2 years for Wolves. He actually had 4 very good seasons in the premier league which is enough to earn you a good wage for the rest of your life.
    Not bitter at all just making conversation as I said I really like Steven and he has done great for himself he should be applauded. I simply think for the fee and wages spent on him his record in England is disappointing. Doesn't make him a bad player or a bad guy it is just my opinion. Sorry if I have upset you. And of course you were correct it was an even more expensive Lamborghini