hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hsl

JKB poster saying HSL have a notice on companies house to be compulsory struck off.

Possibly wind up.

If not, then what will happen with shareholding?
    Sell to club? Sell to individual bidders to bring in yet more cash that can go to the club?

I would buy some shares if available from HSL.
    Last edited by HibbyDave; 26-03-2020 at 08:28 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JKB poster saying HSL have a notice on companies house to be compulsory struck off.

Possibly wind up.

If not, then what will happen with shareholding?
    Sell to club? Sell to individual bidders to bring in yet more cash that can go to the club?

I would buy some shares if available from HSL.
    It's a Gazette notice to strike off and it looks like it's because the confirmation statement is overdue. I don't think there are any fines but they need to get their fingers out.

The club was also late in submitting its confirmation statement and the accounts still haven't been filed - they're due by the 31st and the club will suffer a small fine if they're late. Is someone at the club (or auditors) not doing their job properly? It's all online filing and not particularly difficult, although the changes in shareholdings need to be included.
    Last edited by Caversham Green; 26-03-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    It's a Gazette notice to strike off and it looks like it's because the confirmation statement is overdue. I don't think there are any fines but they need to get their fingers out.

The club was also late in submitting its confirmation statement and the accounts still haven't been filed - they're due by the 31st and the club will suffer a small fine if they're late. Is someone at the club (or auditors) not doing their job properly? It's all online filing and not particularly difficult, although the changes in shareholdings need to be included.
    Caversham Green

This routine submission has now been made. Not going to pretend it has anything to do with the Virus crisis, it was some issues we had with login in codes which then knocked on to be a simple oversight.

We continue to make donations to the Club and intend to give an update shortly.

Hibernian Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Caversham Green

This routine submission has now been made. Not going to pretend it has anything to do with the Virus crisis, it was some issues we had with login in codes which then knocked on to be a simple oversight.

Hibernian Supporters
    Good to hear - keep uo the good work.

Edit: Just checked and it's registered online now.
    Last edited by Caversham Green; 26-03-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Caversham Green

Hibernian Supporters
    Good news, it would be good to find out just how much we have donated now.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    [QUOTE=1875STEVE;6127792]Good news, it would be good to find out just how much we have donated now.[/QUOTE
    Good news

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Gerard;6127837]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    Good news, it would be good to find out just how much we have donated now.[/QUOTE
    Good news
    https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/about-us/

The web site shows a figure of £770K, i don't know how accurate that figure is though, or when last updated.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Just got this via Email

Dear Fellow Supporter,

We thought it would be helpful to provide an update on things since our last communication in January.

Tragic world events have overtaken us all and have put everything in perspective. Clearly, like everyone else, our first thoughts are with those who have been directly affected by this dreadful virus.

As you may be aware we have continued to make donations to the Club from 1st October 2019 in accordance with your instructions. In addition to this we have also applied the same % split (65:35) to donations received from the date of the acquisition until 30th September 2019. Your Directors took this decision on the basis that we felt that Supporters had the same knowledge of affairs after the acquisition was announced and therefore had we taken a poll in early July we would have very likely had the same poll result. We are delighted to say that in total we have passed over £90,000 to the Club since the acquisition.

At our next Board Meeting we had intended to consider what to do about funds that we held at 30th June 2019, just before the acquisition. We are very clear that Members and donators had given us funds on the clear understanding that these funds were to be passed to the Club in exchange for shares. This is stated in our Articles and indeed had been consistently reported in all our communications. With this in mind we felt that this was not a decision to be made by your Directors as we cannot at any time invite donations from you indicating we will do one thing with your money only to do something else. We never forget that this is your Company and it benefits from your generous donations.

As previously stated events have moved on and we want to continue to help our Club. With this in mind we would like to suggest that we donate 65% of the funds that we held at 30th June last year to the Club now to help us get through this difficult period. If you agree, this would allow us to immediately transfer a further £16000 to the Club. We would also like to suggest that we shortcut this process by simply pushing ahead unless we receive any material dissenting voices before 5pm on Wednesday of this week. If we receive such objections to this course of action we can of course revert to taking a vote in order to receive clearer instructions. We do hope you find this an acceptable way to proceed but of course as ever await your feedback.

Finally, we can confirm that we will be seeking to significantly increase our help to our Club and will write again shortly.

James Adie
    Chairman

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    No arguments from me.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    No arguments from me.
    Or me

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    No arguments from me.
    GOOD and important money for our club

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    At this moment in time it's the right thing to do.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Yes just read the email and 100% agree
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Same from me. Does this mean that 35% of donations still sit with HSL and are not passed to the Club?

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve just got that email and 100% agreement from me. Glad to help the club in any way at this time

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Me too

And mine

@hibs.net private member
    Happy to hand over the cash but maybe it’s time Ron Gordon sold the shares like STF or even open up more shares to fans to help with any cash flow issues.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Happy to hand over the cash but maybe it’s time Ron Gordon sold the shares like STF or even open up more shares to fans to help with any cash flow issues.
    On the face of it, this seems very reasonable to me.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe a share issue which still left him with a majority holding might work? I’d def buy shares

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Ron has around 2/3 of the shares and he is very clear that he does not want to dilute his shareholding at the moment. This is why the original arrangement with HSL ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Monktonhall 7 View Post
    Same from me. Does this mean that 35% of donations still sit with HSL and are not passed to the Club?
    At the moment 35% of donations are held by HSL each month in order to have reserves available to purchase shares if another share issue takes place

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Ron has around 2/3 of the shares and he is very clear that he does not want to dilute his shareholding at the moment. This is why the original arrangement with HSL ended.
    The world has changed since Little Big Ron bought Hibs. If the club does really start to need the money, I think fair's only fair.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    The world has changed since Little Big Ron bought Hibs. If the club does really start to need the money, I think fair's only fair.
    I completely agree with you, but my problem is Hibs is one of the parts of life where the heart rules my head.

I was bitterly disappointed that we couldn't get the meaningful shareholding and was in the sceptical camp generally until the current uncertainty descended, but owners come and go.

The club can have my contributions to give it the best chance of coming through this mess in the best possible shape.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    At the moment 35% of donations are held by HSL each month in order to have reserves available to purchase shares if another share issue takes place
    Thanks for that. 👍

Would be happy if HSL passed every penny they hold to Hibs at this moment in time

According to the accounts 31% of Hibs is in the hands of HSL and individual shareholders, with Ron Gordon at 67%. If that is enough by now to prevent the club being asset stripped by Ron Gordon or any future owner then I for one would be happy to see HSL turned into a body whose only purpose is to receive donations which are then passed to the club for it's benefit on and off the park and forgetting the share buying aspect altogether.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 30-03-2020 at 11:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Ron Gordon owns the majority shareholding in Hibs as such own the majority of the problems facing Hibs. As fans we are emotionally attached to the club, I’d argue that RG is still on that journey, but we are unprecedented times and as such we need to pull together. HSL was set up to give Hibs fans a share in the future of our club collectively, this was not bought into by as many Hibs fans as was hoped.

But the reality is HSL members have put in around £750k into Hibs. The club was sold and the new owner does want to reduce his shareholding, again this is understandable but things changes. Hibs like all businesses are facing a struggle for survival.

But football clubs are different as we all buy into the club with our hearts not just cash. But if RG wants HSL to help then I don’t think it’s unreasonable to reinstate the same deal that STF had with HSL to get more cash into Hibs. HSL were set up get a shares in Hibs for the fans not as an additional income stream for our multi million pound club owner.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Would be happy if HSL passed every penny they hold to Hibs at this moment in time

According to the accounts 31% of Hibs is in the hands of HSL and individual shareholders, with Ron Gordon at 67%. If that is enough by now to prevent the club being asset stripped by Ron Gordon or any future owner then I for one would be happy to see HSL turned into a body whose only purpose is to receive donations which are then passed to the club for it's benefit on and off the park and forgetting the share buying aspect altogether.
    The issue with the nominee shareholder(s), who own roughly 10% of the club, appears to be very few people actually know who they are, which means in the event a big decision was being made that required 75% of shareholders approval, the nominee shareholder(s) couldn’t necessarily be relied upon to vote in the wider interest of the support.

If the person/people who own the rest of the shares fancied cashing in if an approach was made by someone with bad intentions for Hibs then, bluntly speaking, the support would have no real say on the matter as things currently stand.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 31-03-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Ron Gordon owns the majority shareholding in Hibs as such own the majority of the problems facing Hibs. As fans we are emotionally attached to the club, I’d argue that RG is still on that journey, but we are unprecedented times and as such we need to pull together. HSL was set up to give Hibs fans a share in the future of our club collectively, this was not bought into by as many Hibs fans as was hoped.

But the reality is HSL members have put in around £750k into Hibs. The club was sold and the new owner does want to reduce his shareholding, again this is understandable but things changes. Hibs like all businesses are facing a struggle for survival.

But football clubs are different as we all buy into the club with our hearts not just cash. But if RG wants HSL to help then I don’t think it’s unreasonable to reinstate the same deal that STF had with HSL to get more cash into Hibs. HSL were set up get a shares in Hibs for the fans not as an additional income stream for our multi million pound club owner.
    Totally agree with this. Nothing for nothing in this world, especially now and Hibs are a business not a charity. If the club needs the fans to donate additional money to keep it going, I would say it's very likely they would be backed to the hilt if the investment was translated into a shareholding.

I would ask why fans could be expected to donate money, what would the difference be between asking us to invest and seeking revenues elsewhere, apart from the obvious emotional draw that us supporters feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Daniel

This isn't quite right. This changed in January and we wrote to all our Members at that time to advise them that all donations from that point would be directed to the Club.

All donations being currently received are passed to the Club.

Hibernian Supporters

Daniel

This isn't quite right. This changed in January and we wrote to all our Members at that time to advise them that all donations from that point would be directed to the Club.

All donations being currently received are passed to the Club.

Hibernian Supporters
    Was this change emailed to all members? The last email I received before yesterday’s update was in November relating to the appointment of a new board member.

Seems like a fairly substantial change after a vote was cast of all members around where funds would be directed at the end of September?

The theme of this thread, suggesting 100% of donations be handed to the club during the shutdown, would also suggest quite a few people are unaware of this change?
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 31-03-2020 at 11:34 AM.