hibs.net Messageboard

Page 213 of 558 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We won't be immune for it though, Andy.

I hope we're well placed to get through it but the longer it goes the more likely it is we'll need to cut costs somewhere.
    So do I Matty - we've all got different challenges to get through. I've now got some clarity from my employer as to the immediate (short-term) future, and my missus has got a very secure job so i'm luckier than most to the extent that I should be able to renew my season ticket if the club puts the shout out for fans to come forward.

On a side note, do you or anyone on the Forum have the full text of the leaked e-mail our mates across the city have sent out?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The PFA should be all over this. That's an utter disgrace.
    Yup...smacks of the Rangers mark I wanting to sign Daniel Cousin on the day they went into administration.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If they named a hole after his son it would be the arse hole.
    You've just won the internet. Collect your prize behind the main stand after the game.

Michael Stewart's comments on the situation now being reported in the Evening News

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    So do I Matty - we've all got different challenges to get through. I've now got some clarity from my employer as to the immediate (short-term) future, and my missus has got a very secure job so i'm luckier than most to the extent that I should be able to renew my season ticket if the club puts the shout out for fans to come forward.

On a side note, do you or anyone on the Forum have the full text of the leaked e-mail our mates across the city have sent out?
    I've not, but it was on a link on here (might even be this thread). I'll have a look.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...box=1584994328

Obvious that there's going to be negative ramifications for every club and football as a whole. But football serves as a diversion from the bleaker things in life, so it would be nice to keep this thread on point and sneer at the probability that El Jambolinos arrogance and mismanagement for decades means that they'll be affected more swiftly and potentially devastatingly than most. Let's keep the social empathy to other threads and indulge in what football fans do best - empty schadenfreude.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Obvious that there's going to be negative ramifications for every club and football as a whole. But football serves as a diversion from the bleaker things in life, so it would be nice to keep this thread on point and sneer at the probability that El Jambolinos arrogance and mismanagement for decades means that they'll be affected more swiftly and potentially devastatingly than most. Let's keep the social empathy to other threads and indulge in what football fans do best - empty schadenfreude.
    Michael Stewart is absolutely spot on about the impact Hearts approach could have on their dressing room.

*Asking footballers to take a pay cut
    *So the club can save money
    *Money that will then be used to pay a transfer fee to sign YOUR replacement

A lot of Hearts players will be having "WTF" chats with their agents right now

Mentally, they were halfway out the door the minute Ann Budge asked them to take a paycut.
    This email about how Hearts are targetting their replacements already (and how the new boys will be paid with the current team's withheld wages) will see many reach 95% "gone already & who cares about Hearts" mode

If they ship all those players out and the postponed Semi Final does get rearranged will they have enough players on their books who are eligible for the game?? Or will it be all youngsters?
    Or being them have they not even considered that and expect to be able to play their new signings whoever they would be

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...mpression=true
    Michael Stewart has his say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How old is John Murray?
    Pictured with the diddy cup! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by rossevenil View Post
    If they ship all those players out and the postponed Semi Final does get rearranged will they have enough players on their books who are eligible for the game?? Or will it be all youngsters?
    Or being them have they not even considered that and expect to be able to play their new signings whoever they would be
    Doubt very much new signings would be eligible for the cup or any league games meant to be played this season.Most squads wont be dismantled the way hearts dismantle theirs.
    Last edited by Waxy; 25-03-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Beautiful sentiment in these difficult times.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by rossevenil View Post
    Reading your post just reminded me of when we had Livi in the league cup final they had overspent and went into administration, I thought at the time yes their squad will be weaker the players that they payed off however were none of their first team squad, the pay off's to the first team came after the final.

This situation could be different though, Budge doesn't appear to have the foresight to wait until after the semi final, with her coming out with the 50% cut straight away and it transpiring that they plan to use the money saved for new recruits signing on fee's IMO a lot of them will jump ship, this coupled with the difficulty in recruiting decent players to play in the championship seems to be pointing towards us facing a different and weaker herrtz team in the semi.

I just hope Dr Budge sticks to her plan she's doing a fantastic job

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Doubt very much new signings would be eligible for the cup or any league games meant to be played this season.Most squads wont be dismantled the way hearts dismantle theirs.
    Depends when, if we get going again next month, fair enough. If the Cup games took place in, say, September, I think you’d be hard pressed to insist on players who were already registered only.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Depends when, if we get going again next month, fair enough. If the Cup games took place in, say, September, I think you’d be hard pressed to insist on players who were already registered only.
    The rule in kids football is only players signed before the semi final are eligible to play in that game or the final.

Although I appreciate that’s kids football. Still governed ultimately by Hampden.

Hearts are now morphing into a version of Sevco 2012 and the sheer bitterness and blindness to any sort of logic.

Any sympathy they had from other teams has evaporated given the approach to through the lowly paid players and staff under the bus at the first opportunity and then reach out to agents to recruit.

Meanwhile Craig Levein remains at the club😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    They are saying that Biscuits Preston is the mole who leaked the email to the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    They are saying that Biscuits Preston is the mole who leaked the email to the press.
    That’s hard to digest he seams to yo yo from club to club

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Just read the EEN article about Barcelona et al cutting costs.

Looks like their 50% thing over in pink land is taking it's first ameobic steps of morphing into being the genius example the footballing world is starting to copy. Less for the bit about using the saved money to recruit players to replace those about to be forced out the door.

They must be the biggliest innovators in football now.

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    At a time when all at Hearts could do with showing a United front as well.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Sorry if this has been well covered before but I don’t really understand why Hearts are having to cut everyone’s wages by 50% when the government are covering 80% of wages for companies during this time?

I realise that won’t be relevant for the players as the amount is capped but surely for the non playing and management staff that would be better than a 50% cut?

My work have just done that for most people’s wages and it seems like a no brainier to me for companies?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    He is maybe so yammishly inclined that even he's worked out the love in has to end and the Budge, Levein and everyone else they employed behind the scenes but will never actually sack gravy train has to end.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Sorry if this has been well covered before but I don’t really understand why Hearts are having to cut everyone’s wages by 50% when the government are covering 80% of wages for companies during this time?

I realise that won’t be relevant for the players as the amount is capped but surely for the non playing and management staff that would be better than a 50% cut?

My work have just done that for most people’s wages and it seems like a no brainier to me for companies?
    80% up to a max £2.5k per month is it not? The equivalent of £625 pw.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Depends if they are doing any form of work or not. For the 80% government grant the workers concerned need to be furloughed, basically laid off. That’s the way my work have went.

Don’t know if Hearts commercial department, as an example, will still be working from home. I’d guess not now so that they can apply for the grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    80% up to a max £2.5k per month is it not? The equivalent of £625 pw.
    £750 per week full wage would see the government max out the £625 80% rule, that would surely cover the majority of their staff, probably about 20 players/staff getting paid more than that id guess. You’d think they’d make use of that deal to pay everyone they can their full wage, while still saving money on the 80% the government were paying.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I assume this 80% means you get your 'take home' pay... I'm guessing it's not taxed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    I assume this 80% means you get your 'take home' pay... I'm guessing it's not taxed?

It's the employer who gets the 80%.

The employee pays PAYE and NI as normal.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 25-03-2020 at 09:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's the employer who gets the 80%.

The employer pays PAYE and NI as normal.
    Hmmm OK, so they could actually add 20% and give you 100% at the top line.. But either way you'll get taxed on either the 80 or 100%?

PS welcome back, you've been missed!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Hmmm OK, so they could actually add 20% and give you 100% at the top line.. But either way you'll get taxed on either the 80 or 100%?

No matter what you are paid, the employer can only claim 80% of that, up to the £2500 limit.

No.The employee gets his agreed salary in the normal way.The employer claims back 80% from the government scheme up to the maximum amount.