hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that really him? I thought it was a wind up at first. That’s living proof of the vile bigotry and ignorance of the majority of Rangers supporters. They are tarred with the same brush.
    I thought it was a wind up as well, apparently it isn’t. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

No Surrender!

(Warning, Daily Record content!)

Looks like the video is real after all. Dunno why people are surprised.

Here's a wee extract, with quotes from the guy himself.

`Wearing a Rangers shirt while flanked by a piper, Graham references the Ulster Covenant signed in 1912 by those opposing then British Prime Minister Herbert Henry Asquith's plan for Irish home rule.
    He says: "We as Rangers fans have that identity with unionism, loyalism and protestantism.

"I know when our forefathers went and signed the Covenant 107 years ago as it was now today, I bet you then republicans and nationalists were saying 'I bet the union will never last and it’ll never see 1920.’

"Well the union is still here and it’s still strong because of our fighting spirit.

"It’s very easy as Rangers fans and unionists to take the flack and to lie down, but our cry has been since 1688 and always will be ‘No Surrender’."
    `
    Last edited by Keith_M; 17-03-2020 at 10:01 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not one for conspiracy thinking, but it's surely telling that of all American 'soccer' clubs Rangers could deal with, they choose one called Orange County: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50896434

(Apologies if this is old news - happened before Xmas but I missed it)

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Utterly depressing.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    I'm not one for conspiracy thinking, but it's surely telling that of all American 'soccer' clubs Rangers could deal with, they choose one called Orange County: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50896434

Total coincidence, surely?

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    I’m sorry but I just refuse to believe this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    No it simply cannot be true that people hold these ridiculous views in today's world..........can it?

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post

I think the clue is in the article ..... "..The clubs will also share commercial activities. "
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

This news was released a while back and sure a thread on this has been before.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Utterly depressing.
    What's really depressing (but not surprising !) is the utter lack of condemnation in the media - one club, and it's always the same club, makes a mockery of our game and it constantly goes un-mentioned !

Surely must be a place on the board for the most Rangurs of Rangurs fans:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aK21p8NEL8Y

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    Surely must be a place on the board for the most Rangurs of Rangurs fans:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aK21p8NEL8Y

He's their new "Head Of Diversity".

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    No Surrender!

(Warning, Daily Record content!)

Looks like the video is real after all. Dunno why people are surprised.

Here's a wee extract, with quotes from the guy himself.

`Wearing a Rangers shirt while flanked by a piper, Graham references the Ulster Covenant signed in 1912 by those opposing then British Prime Minister Herbert Henry Asquith's plan for Irish home rule.
    He says: "We as Rangers fans have that identity with unionism, loyalism and protestantism.

"I know when our forefathers went and signed the Covenant 107 years ago as it was now today, I bet you then republicans and nationalists were saying 'I bet the union will never last and it’ll never see 1920.’

"Well the union is still here and it’s still strong because of our fighting spirit.

"It’s very easy as Rangers fans and unionists to take the flack and to lie down, but our cry has been since 1688 and always will be ‘No Surrender’."
    `
    They let their club die in 2012

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    What's really depressing (but not surprising !) is the utter lack of condemnation in the media - one club, and it's always the same club, makes a mockery of our game and it constantly goes un-mentioned !
    Did see a headline in the Evening Times indicating Rangers had made a mistake with the appointment (didn't read the article). They can obviously choose who they want and whose to say the guy isn't brilliant at his job though on the back of such an odious previous incumbent you would have hoped that a more obvious inclusive and less controversial appointment would have been the way to go. Doesn't say a lot for people like Stewart Robertson and others imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Did see a headline in the Evening Times indicating Rangers had made a mistake with the appointment (didn't read the article). They can obviously choose who they want and whose to say the guy isn't brilliant at his job though on the back of such an odious previous incumbent you would have hoped that a more obvious inclusive and less controversial appointment would have been the way to go. Doesn't say a lot for people like Stewart Robertson and others imo.

"Jim Traynor's replacement David Graham is a PR disaster for Rangers"

The Herald

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    "Jim Traynor's replacement David Graham is a PR disaster for Rangers"

The Herald
    Terrible article. Just a defence of the big lie, a whole smelly heap of whataboutary over the new appointment and a bald statement that he doesn’t like Traynor without being specific about what he objects to or why it’s taken him till Traynor’s half out the door before making the revelation.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    “What about the face painters?”

Kevin Bridges

Terrible article. Just a defence of the big lie, a whole smelly heap of whataboutary over the new appointment and a bald statement that he doesn’t like Traynor without being specific about what he objects to or why it’s taken him till Traynor’s half out the door before making the revelation.
    Agree wonder if he got Jim to ok the content before publishing.

Exactly! Obviously doesn't want succulent lamb off the menu straight away, might be downgraded to Tesco Value now though.

Sounds like he's bitter he didn't get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Sounds like he's bitter he didn't get the job.
    Actually you may be right about that.

The best boss I ever had was someone I didn’t particularly like but I did respect them. That might have made an interesting article.

Agree wonder if he got Jim to ok the content before publishing.
    Its all about opinions I suppose, but I agree with a lot of what he (Cameron) has written. IMHO its pretty damming for The The Rangers and the people who are running them.

FYI The journalist is pretty open about being a Celtic fan.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    They let their club die in 2012
    The fans who " don't do walking away" walked away when the people in charge of their club decided to liquidate it rather than deal with creditor debt. Simples.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Its all about opinions I suppose, but I agree with a lot of what he (Cameron) has written. IMHO its pretty damming for The The Rangers and the people who are running them.

FYI The journalist is pretty open about being a Celtic fan.
    Is he ? Sounded to like was saying he was a Rangers fan

Just reread and he is saying he is a Celtic fan, gives Rangers too much credit imo.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 18-03-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Is he ? Sounded to like was saying he was a Rangers fan

Just reread and he is saying he is a Celtic fan, gives Rangers too much credit imo.
    yep I suppose so "For every “FTP” mouth-breather, there are 20 who don’t want anything to do with that."

Could be read as there are still thousands more morons in that support than any another non OF team!"

@hibs.net private member
    The issue here isn't Sevco fans, it's the club. Hibs have had some issues with a few dafties in the support and we've taken actual action by investing a six figure sum in CCTV to catch trouble makers.

Sevco just keep bringing out statements saying they are inclusive, respect all religions etc but don't actually DO anything. In fact it's the opposite, they actively pander to the bigoted element of their support whilst claiming they are doing all they can.

This appointment is further evidence they haven't and will never change. And the media will never challenge them.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    The issue here isn't Sevco fans, it's the club. Hibs have had some issues with a few dafties in the support and we've taken actual action by investing a six figure sum in CCTV to catch trouble makers.

Sevco just keep bringing out statements saying they are inclusive, respect all religions etc but don't actually DO anything. In fact it's the opposite, they actively pander to the bigoted element of their support whilst claiming they are doing all they can.

This appointment is further evidence they haven't and will never change. And the media will never challenge them.
    Absolutely mate.....its ingrained into every aspect of that organisation...will never change.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

It’s a desperate move. It seems like the Huns know they are going down the tubes financially and are trying to shore up the most moronic elements of an admittedly low bar thick support by blatantly playing the bigot card. Then, when they start going down the plug hole again they can play the victims that the modern world doesn’t respect or get their ‘culture’. The most weasely cry of defeat yet from a fascist institution that at least once prized deluded arrogance over sniveling victimhood.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

Totally agree.

They merely pay lip service to inclusivity for PR reasons, and only ever 'condemn' sectarianism if it costs them money in Euro Competitions. The rest of the time it's swept under the carpet.

All the while, they do everything to appeal to the baser instincts of the neanderthals in their support.