hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Kilmarnock pay at the gate?

Does anyone know whether the game this Sunday will have pay at the gate?

I had assumed that there would be pay at the gate. However having called the ticket office they said that at the moment it was all ticket and the only way to get tickets is from the ticket office. They did say it might go to pay at the gate but were not certain.

My problem is I’m coming up from London with my boys and my old man is coming down from Fort William so neither of us have any chance of picking up tickets at the ticket office.

Does anyone know whether there is usually pay at the gate at Rugby Park?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I work away and sometimes have the same problem. Last time at Killie, I was asked to buy a ticket from their office behind the away end. That was earlier this season.

With 4000 away seats I'm sure either cash or tickets from this office will be options on the day.

@hibs.net private member
    Last game down there they sold tickets from the old disused gym building. It was cash only, no cards.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A lot of fans will be expecting pay on the gate or from kiosk. Ludicrous situation the club having to tell fans it’s “all ticket only at present”.

There will be about five and a half thousand fans rattling round an 18000 seat ground. But of a farce really making this all ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of fans will be expecting pay on the gate or from kiosk. Ludicrous situation the club having to tell fans it’s “all ticket only at present”.

There will be about five and a half thousand fans rattling round an 18000 seat ground. Bit of a farce really making this all ticket.

Totally agree and I struggle to see why clubs continue to do this.

Just have PATG and let people sit where they like. We'll have roughly 1,500 fans in a stand that holds over 4,000, so there can surely be no issues doing that.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Totally agree and I struggle to see why clubs continue to do this.

Just have PATG and let people sit where they like. We'll have roughly 1,500 fans in a stand that holds over 4,000, so there can surely be no issues doing that.
    It’s all down to costs. Making it all ticket they know how many fans to expect and they then know how many turnstiles to open, how many stewards are required etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    It’s all down to costs. Making it all ticket they know how many fans to expect and they then know how many turnstiles to open, how many stewards are required etc.

That's been raised before but it doesn't make any sense if you think about it.

For one thing, loads of people do actually turn up on the day and buy tickets, so there can be no advanced warning of exactly how many will arrive.

So, they can only have a rough idea... which they could easily guess at by the numbers that have previously attended the same fixture. In the last couple of seasons, that's (roughly) between 1,200-1,500

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ED Hibee View Post
    Does anyone know whether the game this Sunday will have pay at the gate?

I had assumed that there would be pay at the gate. However having called the ticket office they said that at the moment it was all ticket and the only way to get tickets is from the ticket office. They did say it might go to pay at the gate but were not certain.

My problem is I’m coming up from London with my boys and my old man is coming down from Fort William so neither of us have any chance of picking up tickets at the ticket office.

Does anyone know whether there is usually pay at the gate at Rugby Park?
    Keep your eye on the weather. Likely to be horrendous. Could be a question mark on whether or not the game will be played.

First Team Breakthrough
    Will keep an eye on it. Heading up north anyway and always like to tie it in with a Hibs match if I can. Would have thought would still go ahead given they have an artificial pitch.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm surprised that this information hasn't been released yet.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    That's been raised before but it doesn't make any sense if you think about it.

For one thing, loads of people do actually turn up on the day and buy tickets, so there can be no advanced warning of exactly how many will arrive.

So, they can only have a rough idea... which they could easily guess at by the numbers that have previously attended the same fixture. In the last couple of seasons, that's (roughly) between 1,200-1,500
    Most folk that go regularly to away matches would be able to predict the size of the travelling support to within a hundred or so for every Hibs away game. Pretty sure the club could too, so the argument that all ticket helps with planning at the other end doesn’t really wash.

Has there been a non OF or Hertz away game that hasn't went to PATG/pay on the day if it hasn't sold out in advance? Every other week this gets asked.

@hibs.net private member
    Not on social media etc, has anything been Twitter'ed etc about this?

There is ✅ - I’d always go with the angle there is ‘PATG’ unless Hibs tell you otherwise (Hearts, Celtic, Rangers, potentially Aberdeen).

Expect around 700-800 Hibs fans there tomorrow.

TICKETS
    Tickets will be available from the Hibernian Ticket Office from 10am until 3pm on Saturday if you’d prefer to secure your seat in advance.

If you’d rather wait until you get to Rugby Park, tickets are available from the former Fitness Centre on Rugby Road.

Please note, this is a cash-only service and there is no ‘pay at the gate’ alternative.

Adult: £22.

Over-65/Student/Under-21: £17.

Under-16: £5.”

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    There is ✅ - I’d always go with the angle there is ‘PATG’ unless Hibs tell you otherwise (Hearts, Celtic, Rangers, potentially Aberdeen).

Expect around 700-800 Hibs fans there tomorrow.

TICKETS
    Tickets will be available from the Hibernian Ticket Office from 10am until 3pm on Saturday if you’d prefer to secure your seat in advance.

If you’d rather wait until you get to Rugby Park, tickets are available from the former Fitness Centre on Rugby Road.

Please note, this is a cash-only service and there is no ‘pay at the gate’ alternative.

Adult: £22.

Over-65/Student/Under-21: £17.

Under-16: £5.”
    Perfect, happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Most folk that go regularly to away matches would be able to predict the size of the travelling support to within a hundred or so for every Hibs away game. Pretty sure the club could too, so the argument that all ticket helps with planning at the other end doesn’t really wash.

I'm sure they can get a rough estimate on how many stewards and catering staff they'll need from the last time we went there. I don't think they ran out of pies either.

Makes you wonder how they coped in the days when practically every game was PATG.