hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contracts Up

Contracts Up

Contracts up at the end of the season:
    Only Slivka and Whittaker plus Daz at 35 in the summer, with very dodgy knees must be a good bet to retire.
    Whittaker 36 in the summer to retire and Slivka looking like he won't be offered an extension.

Loans Up at the end of the season: Bogdan, Docherty, Omeonga, Naismith and McNulty
    Will sign Bogdan up
    Suspect we will want to break the bank (poss. £800k) to get Docherty on a permanent. Looks like a 7 out of 10 every week guy.
    Omeonga - might be the time to get him, failed miserably at guff Circle Brugge so Genoa might be happy to cut their losses at £200k
    Naismith, I like the big hungry hippo. Better than McGinn, probably available for £100k. Only worry is his knee injuries.
    McNulty will be back to his £10k a week contract with Reading trying madly all summer to move him on to a club that will pay the same kind of level of wages and splitting the difference with McNulty. Not Hibs i'm afraid.

Moving on at the end of the season: Horgan, Marciano, Kamberi and James. The 1st 3 have a year left on their contracts.
    Horgan is best as an impact sub so if on good wage not value for money. However, we might get stuck with him for the same reasons.
    Marciano, given the jiggery pokery and his cryptic statement before the turn of the year, that we have already paid up to his last club so he might stay but the work put into keeping Bogdan here would suggest not.
    Kamberi, whatever folk think of him he is an asset which we will be looking to sell on in the summer possibly to help pay for Docherty. Accordingly, I hope he gets some game time and impresses over the next few months. Sunny Poland beckons.
    James, the purchase of McGinn tells you the thoughts of Jack Ross. 2 years left on his contract but back to Englandshire.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 10-02-2020 at 03:47 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm hoping we can do a straight swap with the Huns with Docherty and Kamberi. Would suit all parties
    Last edited by Since452; 10-02-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Docherty is never worth 800k to Hibs. Crazy talk. We'd be mental to pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can build the team round the guy.
    Quality doesn't come cheap and this season has shown us what happens if your midfield is full of lightweights.

How much do you think he is worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'm hoping we can do a straight swap with the Huns with Docherty and Kamberi. Would suit all
    parties
    Can't see it.
    He has only played a few minutes in one sub appearance for them to date and Defoe will be back in 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    We can build the team round the guy.
    Quality doesn't come cheap and this season has shown us what happens if your midfield is full of lightweights.

How much do you think he is worth?
    Well, I'll wait till he's played more than 120 minutes before making claims like we can build the team around him. Ridiculous thing to say at this stage. If he starts on Wednesday we'll get a better idea.

I'll be surprised if he lives up to this hype.

Well, I'll wait till he's played more than 120 minutes before making claims like we can build the team around him. Ridiculous thing to say at this stage. If he starts on Wednesday we'll get a better idea.

He ain't Pele but in Hibs terms he is the business.
    All about opinions.
    To my eyes Paul McGinn looks very average but other folk on here see something that I can't.
    Obviously i'm right .

Big Ron wipes his erse with 800k, chicken feed!

All about opinions.
    To my eyes Paul McGinn looks very average but other folk on here see something that I can't.
    Obviously i'm right .
    Are you basing that on 120 minutes?

I can see what you mean, but tbh I'd be quite surprised if we got him much cheaper than that. He is a good player, one that would definitely be worth investing in, but if it means the rest of the player budget is drastically reduced then obviously it's a non-starter. I suppose it also comes down to what Ron is prepared to put in, if anything. But like you, I'd like to see more of him before giving a proper opinion on it.

Are you basing that on 120 minutes?
    No, 45 minutes ...........................and what I saw of him at Shrewsbury and Hamilton

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Big Ron wipes his erse with 800k, chicken feed!
    That's one messy erse he's got.

I usually just use a fiver. Two if I've had a curry.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    I reckon Whittaker has another year in him.

Can't see it.
    He has only played a few minutes in one sub appearance for them to date and Defoe will be back in 6 weeks.
    He's only been allowed to play in one game so far.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    £800K for Docherty - overtaking current club record fee
    £200K for Omeonga

I’d be very happy if we got those two in but £1M for two players seems very unlikely unless you are in fantasy land

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That's one messy erse he's got.

I usually just use a fiver. Two if I've had a curry.
    Queen's head up or down?

Docherty was signed for 650K i think he'll go for around half that in the summer as hes made 0 impact at the rangers. I'm not even sure steph will be in the Hibs team when everyone is fit so we wont be paying anywhere near 200K.
    Last edited by Gmack7; 10-02-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Only Slivka and Whittaker plus Daz at 35 in the summer, with very dodgy knees must be a good bet to retire.
    Whittaker 36 in the summer to retire and Slivka looking like he won't be offered an extension.

Loans Up at the end of the season: Bogdan, Docherty, Omeonga, Naismith and McNulty
    Will sign Bogdan up
    Suspect we will want to break the bank (poss. £800k) to get Docherty on a permanent. Looks like a 7 out of 10 every week guy.
    Omeonga - might be the time to get him, failed miserably at guff Circle Brugge so Genoa might be happy to cut their losses at £200k
    Naismith, I like the big hungry hippo. Better than McGinn, probably available for £100k. Only worry is his knee injuries.
    McNulty will be back to his £10k a week contract with Reading trying madly all summer to move him on to a club that will pay the same kind of level of wages and splitting the difference with McNulty. Not Hibs i'm afraid.

Moving on at the end of the season: Horgan, Marciano, Kamberi and James. The 1st 3 have a year left on their contracts.
    Horgan is best as an impact sub so if on good wage not value for money. However, we might get stuck with him for the same reasons.
    Marciano, given the jiggery pokery and his cryptic statement before the turn of the year, that we have already paid up to his last club so he might stay but the work put into keeping Bogdan here would suggest not.
    Kamberi, whatever folk think of him he is an asset which we will be looking to sell on in the summer possibly to help pay for Docherty. Accordingly, I hope he gets some game time and impresses over the next few months. Sunny Poland beckons.
    James, the purchase of McGinn tells you the thoughts of Jack Ross. 2 years left on his contract but back to Englandshire.
    Big Daz signed a contract with Gray until 2023, I’d let silka and Whittaker go, agree with Horgan although I’d like to see up give Rocky a new deal

Coaching Staff
    Well I've heard of blue sky thinking, but what I'm reading here is more pie in the sky thinking. 🙄

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    The fees you’ve quoted are never going to happen but I’d agree with the general idea behind Docherty. We should be doing everything possible to get him here permanently and build the midfield around him and Allan.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Queen's head up or down?
    I never purposefully decide. I just let her take her chances.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    800k for a player 🙃 you pay that amount for a player then you also pay the salary of a 800k player.....forget it,jeezo

i was raging with that reported bid of 400k for the dunfy player 😁
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 10-02-2020 at 05:00 PM.

All about opinions.
    Obviously i'm right .
    McGinn probably is average. Or steady is maybe fairer.

It’s just that average (or steady) is probably an improvement on the other current options in his position.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I never purposefully decide. I just let her take her chances.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    I reckon Whittaker has another year in him.
    I'm beginning to think you're right but I suppose it's gotta be down to him.

35 is some age to be having the midfield renaissance that Whitts is currently coasting through, whether that'd be sustainable over the course of another entire season is another question.

Either way, he's been excellent for us recently and I'm so glad that fans have largely got off his back. Brilliant pro.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Docherty looks class, let’s hope the huns are up for a permanent swap deal!

Will sign Bogdan up

Bogdan signed on a permanent deal till the summer.

Slivka was offered a deal but knocked it back seemingly, off on a free.

Whittaker, Daz and Gray doing their badges with Whittaker doing some coaching with the youth teams, Daz and Gray with eventually go into coaching and may be future management.

@hibs.net private member
    Would bite the Huns hands off for swap deal Docherty for Kamberi. Not sure what Docherty contract situation is or wages but according to the Huns Kamberi earns £100 000 more than Docherty over a six month peroid but the kind souls they are they are going to pay Kamberis full wages.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/i...ning-in-wages/

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Would bite the Huns hands off for swap deal Docherty for Kamberi. Not sure what Docherty contract situation is or wages but according to the Huns Kamberi earns £100 000 more than Docherty over a six month peroid but the kind souls they are they are going to pay Kamberis full wages.

£1m + Doherty and I would consider doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post

I'd be very surprised if Kamberi is on a bigger wage than Docherty.