hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

1201 kick off time

What pish the sfa trying to encourage this time, all cup games appear to kick off 1 minute later...according to my sky app anyway

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What pish the sfa trying to encourage this time, all cup games appear to kick off 1 minute later...according to my sky app anyway
    Guessing it’s the same thing that happened down south. Something to do with a minute for mental health I believe. Not really “pish”.

Mental health awareness > http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10541

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Mental health awareness > http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10541
    They aren’t really making people aware that much.

1 minute to think about mental health, same as the FA Cup a few weeks ago.

A minute to ruminate over all the things we wish we’d done differently with our lives.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    They aren’t really making people aware that much.
    There's a thread talking about it now. I think that's kind of what they were aiming for.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    There's a thread talking about it now. I think that's kind of what they were aiming for.
    Being a hibs supporter all my life has goosed my mental health anyway!! 😄
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    First I knew of a friend’s mental health problems was when he went to make an attempt on his life. We were lucky in we caught him at the right time and talked him out of it and got him help.

Anything at all that might make men think that it’s not a weakness to speak out isn’t “pish”.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    First I knew of a friend’s mental health problems was when he went to make an attempt on his life. We were lucky in we caught him at the right time and talked him out of it and got him help.

Anything at all that might make men think that it’s not a weakness to speak out isn’t “pish”.
    Well said. Having suffered myself and seen friends in similair situations it's important the profile is raised to encourage awareness.

I'm struggling to see what actual benefits would come of this in regards to people's mental health.

The argument is that people take the minute to think of mental health issues, so..., what is it exactly that people are supposed to be thinking during that minute, leading up two hours of screaming and shouting, that is genuinely going to make any difference to anybody?

Just to clarify: I have seen people struggle with mental health and depression, accept that there is a problem, and I'm happy to support any genuine initiatives where I'm convinced it will make a difference.... I just don't believe this is one of those.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 08-02-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Scottish football fans as open minded as ever I see. Maybe we can keep a comprehensive list of things dubbed 'pish' and 'pointless'. I'll kick off with:

Catholicism
    Protestantism
    Awareness of homophobia
    Awareness of mental health issues
    Women's football
    Matches selected for TV
    Matches not selected for TV
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'm struggling to see what actual benefits would come of this in regards to people's mental health.

The argument is that people take the minute to think of mental health issues, so..., what is it exactly that people are supposed to be thinking during that minute, leading up two hours of screaming and shouting, that is genuinely going to make any difference to anybody?

Just to clarify: I have seen people struggle with mental health and depression, accept that there is a problem, and I'm happy to support any genuine initiatives where I'm convinced it will make a difference.... I just don't believe this is one of those.
    Anything that raises awareness and gets people discussing it is a positive thing.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar

As a vet with issues and the father of a vet with issues. Trust me when I tell you that the knowledge that people are starting to understand your troubles, or even thinking of you, it can help at the darkest times my friend.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Scottish football fans as open minded as ever I see. Maybe we can keep a comprehensive list of things dubbed 'pish' and 'pointless'. I'll kick off with:

Catholicism
    Protestantism
    Awareness of homophobia
    Women's football
    Matches selected for TV
    I don’t for one minute think the OP knew it was mental health awareness in fairness.

Catholicism
    Protestantism
    Awareness of homophobia
    Women's football
    Matches selected for TV

You're just being overly dramatic.

Testimonial Due
    A minute silence to honour the end of Mikey Stewart's BBC career.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I don’t for one minute think the OP knew it was mental health awareness in fairness.
    Probably not.

We had the arguments weeks ago when the FA had a similar initative though. And the predictable arguments when the rainbow laces campaign comes around, show racism the red card etc etc.

Same faces, same arguments.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    As a vet with issues and the father of a vet with issues. Trust me when I tell you that the knowledge that people are starting to understand your troubles, or even thinking of you, it can help at the darkest times my friend.
    Should be adding this to every response on this thread.

First Team Breakthrough

Well you’re talking about it right now.

It's another initiative to sustain mental health awareness and normalise it.
    This thread and others like it on other fans forums are an obvious positive result.
    What's not to like.

Left by mutual consent!
    Probably not.

We had the arguments weeks ago when the FA had a similar initative though. And the predictable arguments when the rainbow laces campaign comes around, show racism the red card etc etc.

Same faces, same arguments.
    👍👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Very true mate.

The OP wasn't having a dig at mental health I think that's obvious. FWIW I think it's a brilliant idea. So many people suffering in silence so anything to raise awareness is a good idea

I think it's a very fair point you make, and we need to have this discussion. FWIW, I think targeting a mainly male demographic is crucial, we all know the suicide rates amongst young men and it's appalling. We're seeing on this thread some really great comments, ones which would/will make a difference to people suffering. This forum has already got a really good thread on depression and I can't imagine how many people that has helped. As one poster has said, having an opportunity to be in a place (football stadium or this forum) where people can go 'it's not just you, I've had this too' or 'I know what that suffering is like' is huge. But it's a good thing to have a discussion around it.

It's amazing how some folk overreact to initiatives such as this, minute silences, etc. It's one whole minute, get some perspective.

calm doon, take a minute

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Did the teams line up as normal at 3pm then wait for 3.01pm to kick off, or was it simply a 3.01 KO?

Not trying to be funny - just curious to what protocol there was, if any, prior to KO.

It`s encouraging that mental health awareness is becoming `normalised`, as another poster above noted, and in a male dominated environment like football, to have such with a subject that was effectively a taboo can only be a positive.

Not only in the mens game, the womens game has the same issues, watched a piece on the EBC yesterday relating to the english womens captain, she tried to commit suicide at 16, horrendous and sad.
    The type of people that give players such as Griffiths and managers such as Lennon abuse about their mental health, need tae be called out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Apologies if my pish upset some snowflakes, point then is why wasn't this mentioned at all on match info or tickets...all state 12 noon kick off.

Least this thread got some attention, we've all had to deal with mental health, personally or otherwise...