hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Dylan McGeouch

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we were all fairly impressed with Vela given what was said about him and some of the teams who had shown interest? Jackson was a known quantity to Heckingbottom.
    I'd like to see if Vela can offer something under Ross before looking to empty him. He's not even made one match day squad since PH left.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Mentioned this on other threads, but we didn't miss out to Aberdeen - Dylan would have signed for Hibs if we'd been interested. Ross told him he wanted a different type of midfielder, and Dylan took Aberdeen's offer after that. He also knocked back Hearts, by the way - they wanted to speak to him but he didn't entertain them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Mentioned this on other threads, but we didn't miss out to Aberdeen - Dylan would have signed for Hibs if we'd been interested. Ross told him he wanted a different type of midfielder, and Dylan took Aberdeen's offer after that. He also knocked back Hearts, by the way - they wanted to speak to him but he didn't entertain them.
    This my friend will come back to bite us on the arse I reckon.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post

I agree, cant go turning down quality like that.

Intrigued to see who we do bring in now.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It depends who else we sign instead, I suppose.

There's a whole world of footballers out there, Dylan's one we know but there are plenty others and dare I say plenty better players that fit closer to what we need at the moment.

I'm a huge fan of Dylan's, I'd have loved to have seen him come back and am gutted to see him sign for Aberdeen, but ultimately Jack Ross will live or die on his signings, and he knows much better than I do exactly what he's getting from Dylan, so if he's considered it and decided against it, then you have to think he's confident that's the right decision.

There's not a manager in football who would purposely pass on a player that could keep them in a job. If Ross thought he was essential,he'd be a Hibs player.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Shame but it's a good move for Dylan.
    Sunderland are a crock.

Be lucky if he plays 6 games between now and may imo.

Injury prone laddie.

Best taking a wage elsewhere.

Good cup winner,had a terrific last season with us.

But lets get a fit strong player in.

Anybody thinking we passed on him is deluded,he was headhunted by aberdeen and they will pay him handsomely.
    I wouldnae let this be a jack ross didnae want him or hibs couldnae afford him thread or this place will explode in febuary.
    Be prepared for another one of those windows folks!

So if signing Dylan meant we couldn’t afford the dm we’ll be wanting in you’d have been happy to carry on with an unbalanced midfield for the rest of the season?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    So if signing Dylan meant we couldn’t afford the dm we’ll be wanting in you’d have been happy to carry on with an unbalanced midfield for the rest of the season?
    How would it be unbalanced if Dylan has played, successfully as a holding midfielder many times before?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It depends who else we sign instead, I suppose.

There's a whole world of footballers out there, Dylan's one we know but there are plenty others and dare I say plenty better players that fit closer to what we need at the moment.

I'm a huge fan of Dylan's, I'd have loved to have seen him come back and am gutted to see him sign for Aberdeen, but ultimately Jack Ross will live or die on his signings, and he knows much better than I do exactly what he's getting from Dylan, so if he's considered it and decided against it, then you have to think he's confident that's the right decision.

There's not a manager in football who would purposely pass on a player that could keep them in a job. If Ross thought he was essential,he'd be a Hibs player.
    True. Let’s just trust Ross on this then, still sticks in the craw.

Not good letting a player like that head up north if we could have brought him in, this "best of the rest" stuff means we have to compete for players that will make us so. Dylan and Efe would appease the fans and more importantly - improve us. This stinks of penny pinching to me.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I dont think he ever bought into Hibs in the way Gray, McGinn etc did, it seems he was just an employee doing his job, I never felt a connection with him.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Hibs View Post
    Not good letting a player like that head up north if we could have brought him in, this "best of the rest" stuff means we have to compete for players that will make us so. Dylan and Efe would appease the fans and more importantly - improve us. This stinks of penny pinching to me.

Did Dylan speak to Hibs, ask for a certain amount of money and Hibs refused?

If not, I can't see where the penny pinching comes in.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Hibs View Post
    Unless the manager didn't want him (as explained previously).

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

More likely that the boss knows that Dylan's injuries require a lot of work. Lennon suggested a lot of the problem was in the boy's head.

If we genuinely weren't interested as people have guessed on here we weren't then fair enough.

I'm highly sceptical Ross hasn't identified a player who would certainly improve us, that he has worked with before and said no thanks.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Unless you just want to moan in every single post you make... (all whilst remaining "loyal of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    More likely that the boss knows that Dylan's injuries require a lot of work. Lennon suggested a lot of the problem was in the boy's head.
    Since when was Lennon qualified as a psychiatrist ?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Around the same time as all of us here became professional footballers?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Unless you just want to moan in every single post you make... (all whilst remaining "loyal of course).
    Home and away regardless of who we sign. Just disappointed we didn't show the ambition to bring back a cup winning legend who would absolutely improve our squad

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Part of a manager's job is to assess how players attitude is affecting their performance. It's a bit extreme to suggest that only psychiatrists would be able to spot when a good kick up the arse is what a player needs.

I'd suggest that Lennon got reports from physios, and possibly the doctor, that suggested that Dylan was making more of his injuries than the physical tests showed.

How would it be unbalanced if Dylan has played, successfully as a holding midfielder many times before?
    There's two types of holding midfielder, strong tackling ones and clever quarterback style ones, Dylan is the latter. We had McGinn and Bartley previously who were happy to do the dirty stuff which allowed Dylan and Allan to do their bit. At this moment we need and hard tackling DM to allow Allan, Hallberg and Mallan to do their bit.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    look forward to boo-ing his every touch at ER

If you think that’s what we need then you’re mental. Hallberg is a very similar player in style and it’s not been working with him there. The only time I can think you can be referring to him playing as a holding mid is when we played 3 at the back and McGinn was alongside him. Very different to now. What we need is someone with the attributes similar to Fyvie when he played at the back of the diamond under Stubbs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    If you think that’s what we need then you’re mental. Hallberg is a very similar player in style and it’s not been working with him there. The only time I can think you can be referring to him playing as a holding mid is when we played 3 at the back and McGinn was alongside him. Very different to now. What we need is someone with the attributes similar to Fyvie when he played at the back of the diamond under Stubbs
    On a different but related note. Hallberg has been one of our better signings, but imho he is OK..nothing much more...wouldn’t have got a game in the Fyvie, McGinn, Allan and McGeough. Midfield

Too early to fully judge him, and I believe he is not playing in his natural role - so will be good to see him develop...

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Having signed for McInnes' cloggers, chances are he'll be injured in training by one of his team mates so we probably won't see much of him!
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Testimonial Due
    Defensive midfielder is different from a holding midfielder.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Too many people are making things up.
    Ross has made it quite clear that his priority is a strong defensive midfield player. There is no point blowing a good slice of your budget on more of what you already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Too many people are making things up.
    Ross has made it quite clear that his priority is a strong defensive midfield player. There is no point blowing a good slice of your budget on more of what you already have.
    Unless it's significantly better than what you already have, and letting it go to a rival improves them further.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk