hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Berra

Left by mutual consent!
    The German bloke is going to do a Butcher with them. Unless they get players in during this window who want to give it all on loan to some mob fighting relegation they are goosed.

Even their new assistant manager/old Hannover goalie coach reminds me of that fat bloke we had coaching and scouting, living in his motor.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Budge hired Stendal specifically for his style of football - a style likely to expose an ageing centre back whose legs have gone.
    Correct but I don’t think she will be comfortable with the way he’s handled it. Not that I care as I think it will implode, hopefully 👍

Very poor way to treat someone who has been a good player for them over the years, even if he is now past his best.

Advising him that he doesn't suit how Stendal wants to play so is free to look for another club is one thing but banishing him from training with the first team is simply pathetic.

Prediction - Berra doesn't go anywhere this window and then in the summer moves to a team that won't be competing with Hearts next season like Hamilton, Livingston or Dundee United.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Sorry to be a bore about nothing to do with Berra.It was readily accepted by Hibs fans at the time that Hibs did not give Smith a free as a goodwill gesture but because they did not want to pay him when he was going to need an operation to continue his career.He was renowned for having a high level of general fitness so there was little doubt that when his ankle was repaired he would continue to play.

Re Willie Bauld .Clearly He was the only person to fall out with the club over costs as he wanted to raise as much money from the gate as possible.There was no other money raised.
    Hibs gave Gordon Smith a testimonial game in 1953 in the famous 7-3 victory over Matt Busbys Manchester United at Easter Road to mark his loyal service to the club

This led to bad feeling with the rest of the Famous Five as the club appeared to be reluctant to repeat the honour Lawrie Reilly eventually getting his well deserved testimonial several years later but being unable to take an active part in the game

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Felt sorry for Big Berra just got married tae

Hearts class!

Obviously freeing up wages to bring in Stendels boys
    They haven't freed up a single penny yet...he's still getting paid a wage, just like Potter and Nanny. Even Whelan left by mutual consent i.e. paid off

Window dressing to hide fact they are a going into the Airdrie game in 10 days time with the same squad, just weaker.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    The German bloke is going to do a Butcher with them. Unless they get players in during this window who want to give it all on loan to some mob fighting relegation they are goosed.

Even their new assistant manager/old Hannover goalie coach reminds me of that fat bloke we had coaching and scouting, living in his motor.
    I posted over Christmas about Berra and the senior players not liking Stendel and it appears that he (Stendel) is absolutely doing what Butcher did to us. I am stunned Stendel is getting such an easy ride amongst the Hearts fans as he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he has what it takes. He has never chosen a consistent 11, hasn't won a game (his successor at Barnsley immediately improved their form), from what I have heard from people close to Hearts he has already caused rifts and division in their squad...........there are a few players really close to Christophe and they are not happy (nor were they recently) and Stendel is playing a very dangerous game if he thinks he will get the most out of the squad they have - even with additions. Jeez they've even started rating Sean Clare because he is trying a leg (the same player who gets sent off which leads to an equalizer v the Dons). Hearts fans are a very weird bunch and have blindly bought into this German 'Pep' nonsense that the Scottish media lapped up and rolled out without much research into him.

Their Japanese lad is away to a tournament this month too and he is a decent player - if the lose to County away then the knives will be out. They've a really tough set of fixtures in January / February.

As for Berra, it's a terrible way to treat a player who brought in millions to their club in transfer fees and has never let them down on and off the pitch - and he's a really decent lad. It's akin to Jack coming in and telling SDG to train with the youngsters............shocking management and sure to backfire. Just hope we can relegate them at Easter Road

I also think they'll try and cash in on Souttar (who is really close to Berra) and try and move Naismith on in summer. Naismith had a ding dong with Stendel at Christmas (I'm hearing). They're a shambles on and off the park which is - as they routinely say - pleasing

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    They haven't freed up a single penny yet...he's still getting paid a wage, just like Potter and Nanny. Even Whelan left by mutual consent i.e. paid off

Window dressing to hide fact they are a going into the Airdrie game in 10 days time with the same squad, just weaker.
    Might be more to go ( Maclean ) before he can bring people in before the window slams shut

They also have their mysterious benefactor

Testimonial Due
    Still got £468,000 left on his contract and 34 years of age. He is not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    It’s not documented that way anywhere I’ve read it, but I wasn’t part of it all at the time if I’m honest so I’ll take your word over the written one.
    Thank you.You've made an old man very happy.

Hibs gave Gordon Smith a testimonial game in 1953 in the famous 7-3 victory over Matt Busbys Manchester United at Easter Road to mark his loyal service to the club

This led to bad feeling with the rest of the Famous Five as the club appeared to be reluctant to repeat the honour Lawrie Reilly eventually getting his well deserved testimonial several years later but being unable to take an active part in the game

My mum wouldn't let me go because of the expected crowd.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I posted over Christmas about Berra and the senior players not liking Stendel and it appears that he (Stendel) is absolutely doing what Butcher did to us. I am stunned Stendel is getting such an easy ride amongst the Hearts fans as he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he has what it takes. He has never chosen a consistent 11, hasn't won a game (his successor at Barnsley immediately improved their form), from what I have heard from people close to Hearts he has already caused rifts and division in their squad...........there are a few players really close to Christophe and they are not happy (nor were they recently) and Stendel is playing a very dangerous game if he thinks he will get the most out of the squad they have - even with additions. Jeez they've even started rating Sean Clare because he is trying a leg (the same player who gets sent off which leads to an equalizer v the Dons). Hearts fans are a very weird bunch and have blindly bought into this German 'Pep' nonsense that the Scottish media lapped up and rolled out without much research into him.

Their Japanese lad is away to a tournament this month too and he is a decent player - if the lose to County away then the knives will be out. They've a really tough set of fixtures in January / February.

As for Berra, it's a terrible way to treat a player who brought in millions to their club in transfer fees and has never let them down on and off the pitch - and he's a really decent lad. It's akin to Jack coming in and telling SDG to train with the youngsters............shocking management and sure to backfire. Just hope we can relegate them at Easter Road

I also think they'll try and cash in on Souttar (who is really close to Berra) and try and move Naismith on in summer. Naismith had a ding dong with Stendel at Christmas (I'm hearing). They're a shambles on and off the park which is - as they routinely say - pleasing
    It all sounds great! The best part is it’s probably really near the truth too 👍

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Apparently wHelan has had an agreement that he only trained twice a week. Stendal not happy at that arrangement so empties him
    He also apparently had a clause excusing from media duties.
    Think Stendal mostly wanted him out because he is old and slow and offered very little for his fat salary.
    Ditto Berra.

He will stick with Naismith but will want shot in the summer if he can't stay fit.
    Naismith will of course decide if he is going or seeing his contract out with Berra in the Oriam canteen.
    Damour is the other big prob. Very average player on a lucrative contract that has another 42 months to run.
    Natural order Craigy has well and truly maxed their budget oot on a combination of auld has beens and duffers.

Maybe some truth in the rumour that Berra remained in close contact with Potter and that Stendall felt undermined by this.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    Maybe some truth in the rumour that Berra remained in close contact with Potter and that Stendall felt undermined by this.
    Think it's more to do with the senior players thinking Stendel is lilian gish at coaching

Left by mutual consent!
    Think it's more to do with the senior players thinking Stendel is lilian gish at coaching
    The way we came out the traps at the PBS clearly riled them, maybe Adam Jackson gave the heads up as to the easiest way to get into them.

With Berra relaying this to Potter on a daily basis hence the desire to force him to train on his own.

Left by mutual consent!
    Charlie Adam said on twitter this evening that he expects Berra to sit tight and run down his contract at hearts and then said he doesn't think Stendell will last long. I assume Adam will be quite friendly with Berra.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Berra is far from happy. He's finished but he does seem a decent guy. He's been a great servant to that club and is club captain, he deserves a bit more respect than being told to train outwith the first team squad.

Loyalty in football is certainly a two way street. Get the feeling that Stendel is playing quite a risky game here. Berra probably best out their side but making an example of him like that when he's a popular figure with the players could backfire.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    Who cares if he's just married? What's that got to do with a football clubs decision!?

Plus, he's still due near half a million quid if numbers flying around are near the mark. Not like he's just been made redundant and binned with minimal payoff. Probably a millionaire or very rich man anyway and spent 15 years playing football and people feel sorry for him? He was one of them that absolutely loved getting it up us when they beat us! Hard life. That's show business, that's football and he's horse **** these days anyway so unfortunately it'll probably improve their defence. Plus he signs off with the honour of being their top goalscorer this season (with 3 own goals 😂).

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Berra’s future up in the air.......like a brown trout.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    I'd take him.
    But, please remember, after 70 years as your very slow valet, pay him first before reneging on your poppy charity bills.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Berra’s future up in the air.......like a brown trout.
    Good call, **** him. Cheating Pressley wannabe. Mixu had him sussed years ago.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    The merricks were saying he's loyal to levein and upsetting the apple cart with Stendel. Good work if so.

If he was a truly great servant to the club then he wouldn't be airing their dirty linen in public the way he just has. Behaviour not befitting a club captain no matter how harshly he feels he's been treated. They must bin about 10 players still under contract every transfer window so it should hardly have come as a huge surprise.

Although he says he'll find another club, I can see the Charlie Adam prediction coming to fruition. He'd be as well sticking around because there's a good chance Stendel won't last until the end of the season.

Seems like there's a bit of unrest over there at the moment and it'll probably get worse before it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    The merricks were saying he's loyal to levein and upsetting the apple cart with Stendel. Good work if so.
    There's trouble at t' mill.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    There's trouble at t' mill.
    As we say PLEASING 🤪

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    Who cares if he's just married? What's that got to do with a football clubs decision!?

Plus, he's still due near half a million quid if numbers flying around are near the mark. Not like he's just been made redundant and binned with minimal payoff. Probably a millionaire or very rich man anyway and spent 15 years playing football and people feel sorry for him? He was one of them that absolutely loved getting it up us when they beat us! Hard life. That's show business, that's football and he's horse **** these days anyway so unfortunately it'll probably improve their defence. Plus he signs off with the honour of being their top goalscorer this season (with 3 own goals 😂).
    It’s been dealt with badly, that’s why.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post

Nothing, but he is being interviewed immediately after being told he can leave.

I had an ex boss paid off by a director the day after his 50th birthday.........which said director attended, drank, laughed along with family etc........my ex boss first reaction was "that total ****** was just at my house for my birthday party" which - again - has nothing to do with why he was paid off.

People say stuff when they are emotional, its normal.

Stendel targeting Liam Lindsay Stoke City to replace Berra

@hibs.net private member
    Stendel targeting Liam Lindsay Stoke City to replace Berra
    Would be a quality addition ....

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Would be a quality addition ....
    It would be but did he no just play and score in stoke’s last game? No chance they’ll be letting him go if he’s in their plans