hibs.net Messageboard

Page 37 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 3430
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worse for me is the collection spaces - folk park in them then go and do the monthly shop.

And the number of disabled spaces - seems disproportionate to the number of disabled people (and the majority lie empty). Is there a ratio of disabled spaces per car park?
    I’d wondered that myself. I’d imagine there’ll be a law where if one in twenty folk have a disabled badge for example that one in fifteen or so spaces will be required to be disabled (obviously I’m just plucking the figures out the sky).

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’d wondered that myself. I’d imagine there’ll be a law where if one in twenty folk have a disabled badge for example that one in fifteen or so spaces will be required to be disabled (obviously I’m just plucking the figures out the sky).

The Department of transport recommends that where car parking provision is in excess of 50 spaces 4% should be reserved specifically for people with disabilities. In smaller car parks at least one space should be provided. Where possible reserved spaces should be provided within 50 metres of a point of entry to the development.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The Department of transport recommends that where car parking provision is in excess of 50 spaces 4% should be reserved specifically for people with disabilities. In smaller car parks at least one space should be provided. Where possible reserved spaces should be provided within 50 metres of a point of entry to the development.

Cheers Scouse.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Folk not using greenways out of hours. Milton road is a favourite for this.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This. And you're right about Milton Road.
    And then drivers get humpty because you've driven past them.

Maybe they all got the same advice I was given on the helpline 25 years ago, the advice given was just to keep out of them at all times. It certainly made for an easy lunchtime run along Glasgow Rd

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This. And you're right about Milton Road.
    And then drivers get humpty because you've driven past them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Maybe they all got the same advice I was given on the helpline 25 years ago, the advice given was just to keep out of them at all times. It certainly made for an easy lunchtime run along Glasgow Rd

There is now a bus lane camera in operation on the greenways at Milton road heading towards the crossroads with Sir Harry Lauder road just about 200yds from the lights. That will catch out a few queue jumpers during the hours of operation.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Halfords Autocentre - don’t touch them with a barge pole. Bunch of crooks.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Being stuck behind someone at a roundabout that doesn't understand when it's clear to go.

Driving in general whether it be roundabouts or give way at junctions etc,some people seem to take an age to process what is happening around them and have to come to a complete stop before they can actually process that the road is clear and was as they approached it which could clearly be seen.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Being stuck behind someone at a roundabout that doesn't understand when it's clear to go.
    Sorry... :-(

I moan at her all the time for it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 in 1 here, pedestrians at zebra crossings.
    1. The ones that just walk over without stopping to make sure it's safe to do so.

2. The ones that start on the crossing but veer away at an angle and take twice as long to cross.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    When I was across in August I drove in from the airport to the middle of town. It was the first time I've driven in Edinburgh in nearly 15 years and It was dark, pishing down and the roads were busy.

It was basically impossible to drive correctly/safely while at the same time looking for and deciphering the signs with the greenways time info.

Drivers who think they are alone on the road and completely disregard others, examples include slowing down to a crawl to look at door numbers, then stopping, then almost instantly moving off again at a snails pace. Then they decide they will do a uturn, no indication, no looking in mirrors just manoeuvre whenever suits them. It’s like they are in a different universe, absolutely no awareness of anything else around them.

Calder road is a shambles for this as well.

Coming into town the amount in the bus lane, the amount of people who have tried to cut the nose off my car turning in past stenhouse primary from the outside lane is too many to count.

Then they have the cheek to give you abuse for being in a bus lane. Idiots.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    When I was across in August I drove in from the airport to the middle of town. It was the first time I've driven in Edinburgh in nearly 15 years and It was dark, pishing down and the roads were busy.

It was basically impossible to drive correctly/safely while at the same time looking for and deciphering the signs with the greenways time info.
    Aside from heading to the Gyle from Fife for work, I hardly ever drive in Edinburgh and it's a nightmare at night if you're not sure of the roads and layouts, even more so with the 20 limits that aren't applied consistently across the city.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Traffic in town today was just scandalous. Roadworks at the top of Hanover St been there for 2 weeks now, traffic tailed all the way to George IV Br with cars etc, blocking traffic on Princes St. Usual chaos at Picardy Pl area and traffic jams at the foot of Nth Br due to the usual nonsense at the Balmoral with dozens of buses taxis and cars, plus Leith St heading towards Leith. This city and Clowncil are just a joke and need emptied.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Tractors that leave mud all over the road. Heading to work this morning in Blairgowrie; two tractors came out of a field just before Meigle and I couldn't see the road for the amount of mud on the road.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
    Tractors that leave mud all over the road. Heading to work this morning in Blairgowrie; two tractors came out of a field just before Meigle and I couldn't see the road for the amount of mud on the road.
    How do you expect them to get from A to B?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Despite growing up in Edinburgh, passing my test there etc, I have lived away now for fifteen years. If I do come in it is by train the vast majority of times. Negotiating the road changes that have taken place over time is a nightmare. I’m reasonably comfortable with my usual route into ER or getting into Ocean Terminal or the surrounding area but anything else would have me wary.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    How do you expect them to get from A to B?
    Used to be the case in London, might still be, that lorries leaving building sites had to be hosed down if they were muddy. It may even be the law all over but that's the only place I've ever seen action being taken.

Tractors and farmers is a funny one to get around I think. Yes they regularly leave muck on the roads but in winter there are some local authorities rely on their goodwill to clear the roads around their farms and the assistance they often provide to open up roads to villages long before the local authority snow clearing equipment would ever get there.

Not proven I'd say.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Used to be the case in London, might still be, that lorries leaving building sites had to be hosed down if they were muddy. It may even be the law all over but that's the only place I've ever seen action being taken.

Tractors and farmers is a funny one to get around I think. Yes they regularly leave muck on the roads but in winter there are some local authorities rely on their goodwill to clear the roads around their farms and the assistance they often provide to open up roads to villages long before the local authority snow clearing equipment would ever get there.

Not proven I'd say.
    Building sites can be covered by planning conditions with enforcement if necessary. Farmers don't even have to have number plates depending on the length of time they are on the road.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Not proven I'd say.
    I can’t speak for others but we have a brush that we use to clear the smaller roads after working out of fields. Faster main roads are tricker but can occasionally be done at night. Potato harvest is the worst culprit for this, but most responsible farmers will have signage up warning of mud and potential slip hazards.

Drivers who think they are alone on the road and completely disregard others, examples include slowing down to a crawl to look at door numbers, then stopping, then almost instantly moving off again at a snails pace. Then they decide they will do a uturn, no indication, no looking in mirrors just manoeuvre whenever suits them. It’s like they are in a different universe, absolutely no awareness of anything else around them.
    Spanish😂

Semple Street since part of Fountainbridge was closed to traffic after the explosion, particularly if travelling from East Fountainbridge.

It's a mixture of folk who don't know they're in the wrong lane, folk who are chancing it to skip the queue and folk who don't have the intelligence to think about it either way. The fact that the bus stop hasn't been temporarily suspended only exacerbates the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Semple Street since part of Fountainbridge was closed to traffic after the explosion, particularly if travelling from East Fountainbridge.

It's a mixture of folk who don't know they're in the wrong lane, folk who are chancing it to skip the queue and folk who don't have the intelligence to think about it either way. The fact that the bus stop hasn't been temporarily suspended only exacerbates the problem.
    On that topic, Fountainbridge has opened back up this afternoon.

Drivers that sit parked facing the oncoming traffic with their full headlights on, amazes me that some folk don’t realise how dazzling static headlights can be.

Drivers that sit parked facing the oncoming traffic with their full headlights on, amazes me that some folk don’t realise how dazzling static headlights can be.
    I'm worried about the amount of drivers with such poor vision that they need their full beam on all the time when it's dark

@hibs.net private member
    Why is it that every time I see a driver behaving badly, cutting someone up, driving up a bus lane and cutting in, u-turns without signalling, pretty much any manoeuvre without signalling, why is it that every time it's a private hire driver?

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Glasgow road is notorious for it.Some taxi drivers drive on outside lane and then suddenly remember they are meant to be going to airport.