hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because they would have very few overheads and the players would be paid a wage that wouldn’t require a huge outlay. If they’re training at East Mains and playing at Easter Road then that’s going to cost practically nothing. Sponsorship and gate receipts could well outstrip costs if promoted properly. You only have to look at some of the crowds in England to see the potential in the ladies game. I totally get that plenty hibs fans aren’t interested in going to see the ladies play, but they shouldn’t close their minds to the potential that’s there. Scotland isn’t any different to any other European country, and if the game can thrive in those countries it can do so here.
    Some fair points. I stand by my view that it should be treated as a separate entity with its own interested audience, but each to their own.

2. Log in to remove the advert

More potential revenue lost as another Hibee signs for a professional top level English club:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49692389

It's been mentioned how attendance could be higher. One thing I've noticed is, not just the lack of coverage the games can get, but the lack of pre-match information available.

Take tomorrow's game as an example, the quarters of the Scottish cup are tomorrow but the BBC website has no fixtures listed. When the BBC does cover the games they lead with Celtic or Rangers despite them not being the best teams.

So far, when searching online for tomorrow's game against Hamilton, my brother and I have found two different venues listed, two different kick off times and I haven't seen any information regarding ticket prices.

The information on the Hibs website about the HLFC is a joke. No fixtures listed and no ticketing information. They haven't even bothered updating the players info, all of them are listed as having made no appearances this season with no goals scored.

They may put a post up on social media aboit the game tomorrow, but for most people, families especially, that's not giving much time to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    More potential revenue lost as another Hibee signs for a professional top level English club:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49692389

Potential revenue for who? I doubt it would go down well if they did become professional and an english side come in for one of the women players and the board decide to spend any fee on the mens team. So im unsure why people would be happy for money to be spent on the womens team thats been generated by the mens team but if it was the other way there would be a big kick off about it.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Potential revenue for who? I doubt it would go down well if they did become professional and an english side come in for one of the women players and the board decide to spend any fee on the mens team. So im unsure why people would be happy for money to be spent on the womens team thats been generated by the mens team but if it was the other way there would be a big kick off about it.
    Obviously potential revunue for the club. The rest of what you say is conjecture, as the women's team are yet to be given professional status. But money raised by player sales isn't solely used to be spent on the team anyway. It's used gor multiple reasons.