hibs.net Messageboard

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Heckingbottom

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Why did Allan play if he was looking tired in training all week? Surely that’s the bigger question if Hecky is using that as the excuse for why he was taken off.

I’d have preferred to have him near the end to impact the match from the middle rather than run about aimlessly on the wing. Use him as a sub.

Hecky got it wrong. He needs to realise that Mallon needs to play development football for a while as well, keeps getting games when he is rubbish and doesn’t defend.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you read my post, you will see that I said it was the substitution that was boo’d and not the team in general.

Everyone can have their difference of opinion or theory about where Allan should play, for me he should be in the number 10 but playing right of a midfield 4 is not alien to him or that crazy an idea. Allan was very poor and could hardly control a ball during the game, that has nothing to do with where he was playing.

To get boo’d for subbing someone playing poor is ridiculous.

Allan was one of the best players on the park - left after 60 mins with one assist and should have had two after putting it on a plate for Doidge (who fluffed his chance).

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Allan was one of the best players on the park - left after 60 mins with one assist and should have had two after putting it on a plate for Doidge (who fluffed his chance).
    Mallan got the assist for Jackson’s goal

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Unless Iv missed something at no point has he blamed the fans.

In his hibs tv interview he said he wanted the boys to relax as the anxiousness from the stands was spreading onto the pitch - it was, it was clear as day.

That not saying the fans were to blame
    You’re not missing anything.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Why did Allan play if he was looking tired in training all week? Surely that’s the bigger question if Hecky is using that as the excuse for why he was taken off.

I’d have preferred to have him near the end to impact the match from the middle rather than run about aimlessly on the wing. Use him as a sub.

Hecky got it wrong. He needs to realise that Mallon needs to play development football for a while as well, keeps getting games when he is rubbish and doesn’t defend.
    I don’t believe the story about him carrying an injury tbh.

Allan looked as shocked as the rest of us when he realised it was him being subbed. I also don’t think if he was genuinely carrying an injury he’d have been moved out to play wide right, a position that requires more discipline and tracking of the runner. If he was really struggling, keep him playing in the middle of a three man midfield and the other two midfielders could cover him.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Giant View Post
    I left at half time. Heartbroken. I used to be what you might call a happy clapper. I'm too long in the tooth now though. I've seen so many Hibs teams like the one I watched yesterday. Disjointed. Rudderless. I genuinely thought we'd left that messy, feint heartedness behind us.
    In the past, I'd have wanted the manager to be given lots of time. Now, I want us to begin succession planning ASAP. We should have targets lined up for the end of the year. By then we'll be able say we gave Heck a chance, but crucially we'll still have the Jan window available for the new guy.
    No use crying over spilled milk. No need to reinvent our recruitment process. We hired the wrong guy. It happens. Let the hard work to put it right start now.
    You’re not long in the tooth man you are 37. You missed the first of our disastrous relegations by birth. Leaving at half time is heartless not heartbroken. Where did you go at half time ya big giant that you are? Get clapping.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    One of the best on the park?! Come on now.

Im a huge Allan fan but yesterday he was poor, certainly for his standards.

He never got an assist yesterday, Mallan and Middleton did.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Allan looked as shocked as the rest of us when he realised it was him being subbed. I also don’t think if he was genuinely carrying an injury he’d have been moved out to play wide right, a position that requires more discipline and tracking of the runner. If he was really struggling, keep him playing in the middle of a three man midfield and the other two midfielders could cover him.
    Agreed. Heckingbottom talking rubbish with those comments IMO. And if he wasn’t talking rubbish, then doing what he did doesn’t reflect well on him anyway.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    One of the best on the park?! Come on now.

Im a huge Allan fan but yesterday he was poor, certainly for his standards.

He never got an assist yesterday, Mallan and Middleton did.
    He would’ve had Doidge had the ability to kick a football from 9 yards with his left foot. That is the only time that we saw him “inside”.

There’s not one hibs fan who eras the team at 1:30 and saw Scott Allan wide right. The man is a clown.

The anxiousness in the stands spread from what people were seeing on the park. Up to the point when we scored the atmosphere was a bit flat but largely supportive. At that point we were playing OK, far from exciting but fine. Then we started to sit back, stopped pressing and allowed St Johnstone to get a foothold in the game and go on to control possession for long spells. What set of fans wouldn't get anxious in such a situation? We were defending a slender lead and playing poorly.

I'm not buying this 'he's blaming the fans' chat but I do think he needs to ask himself why the fans got nervous and what role both the team and himself played in that happening.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post

Could you imagine the reaction if Allan hadn't played at all?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    He would’ve had Doidge had the ability to kick a football from 9 yards with his left foot. That is the only time that we saw him “inside”.

There’s not one hibs fan who eras the team at 1:30 and saw Scott Allan wide right. The man is a clown.
    Youre right Doidge should have done better.

We also should have scored when Doidge nicked it off the defender and squared it to Kamberi.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Could you imagine the reaction if Allan hadn't played at all?
    If it was because he’d been carrying an injury i don’t think there would have been any sort of reaction?

If he didn’t start it also would have been assumed he was injured.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Youre right Doidge should have done better.

We also should have scored when Doidge nicked it off the defender and squared it to Kamberi.
    Flo should have done better than hitting the post. But the simple pass from Doidge wasn't great at all. It was a weird wee bobbly number instead of across the deck.

I actually think Doidge was fine yesterday though. Won a lot of flick ons and does a good amount of running, closing down and finds himself in good attaching positions.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I this is another of his comments that has been misinterpreted I think.

Heckingbottom said that Allan hadn’t trained much after finishing 120 minutes against Morton, iirc. I don’t know where the injury bit comes from.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    If it was because he’d been carrying an injury i don’t think there would have been any sort of reaction?

If he didn’t start it also would have been assumed he was injured.
    In a perfect world, yes. But people would've jumped on that if the result was the same and if he was on the bench they would be giving it "why put him on the bench if he wasn't fit".

The talk of anxiousness in the stands is interesting. I didn’t feel anxious. At 2-1 I was sitting fed up. The fact it went to 2-2 didn’t make me feel a great deal different to be honest.

Normally I’d be gutted if we threw away a couple of points as late on as that. My enthusiasm for it has disappeared with what we’ve been watching lately. It’s not enjoyable and I don’t look forward to going like I have since 2014.

Unless Iv missed something at no point has he blamed the fans.

In his hibs tv interview he said he wanted the boys to relax as the anxiousness from the stands was spreading onto the pitch - it was, it was clear as day.

That not saying the fans were to blame
    Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Flo should have done better than hitting the post. But the simple pass from Doidge wasn't great at all. It was a weird wee bobbly number instead of across the deck.

I actually think Doidge was fine yesterday though. Won a lot of flick ons and does a good amount of running, closing down and finds himself in good attaching positions.
    Agree that Doidge made it a very awkward one, somehow managed to bounce/chip it into him

Maybe down to a lack of composure in his part.

Thought Doidge done fine and will come good imo. He’s missed a fair share of decent chances so far this season 2/3 against St Mirren and again yesterday, as you say though he is getting in good positions.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Yes, it is.
    Sensitive soul if you think that’s him blaming the fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    We’ve had 33 shots on target against us in our last 4 games, which includes St Mirren and Morton. Except from Scott Allan there isn’t a player who I think ‘oh I’m looking forward to seeing them play today’. The days of Ambrose, McGinn, McGeough and Stokes are sadly missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    We’ve had 33 shots on target against us in our last 4 games, which includes St Mirren and Morton. Except from Scott Allan there isn’t a player who I think ‘oh I’m looking forward to seeing them play today’. The days of Ambrose, McGinn, McGeough and Stokes are sadly missed.
    Funnily enough there are plenty of Hibs players I look forward to seeing - individuals that is. Flo, Allan, Gray, Rocky, Boyle, Middleton, Horgan on his day, McGregor, Stevenson - all players I enjoy watching and look forward to seeing play.

Because I like them as much as I do I find it tough to see them struggle. They're good players, they just need a bit of help to get us back to being able to enjoy watching them play again.

The way we are playing is making good players like poor players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Giant View Post
    I left at half time. Heartbroken. I used to be what you might call a happy clapper. I'm too long in the tooth now though. I've seen so many Hibs teams like the one I watched yesterday. Disjointed. Rudderless. I genuinely thought we'd left that messy, feint heartedness behind us.
    In the past, I'd have wanted the manager to be given lots of time. Now, I want us to begin succession planning ASAP. We should have targets lined up for the end of the year. By then we'll be able say we gave Heck a chance, but crucially we'll still have the Jan window available for the new guy.
    No use crying over spilled milk. No need to reinvent our recruitment process. We hired the wrong guy. It happens. Let the hard work to put it right start now.
    Why would you leave at half time? The first half wasn't great but neither was it particularly bad.
    Methinks you might be telling porkies for effect.

Left by mutual consent!
    The anxiousness from stands led to what then happend on the pitch which made players anxious and thus that anxiousness caused a goal?

Is this right or wrong? Also why were people anxious at 2-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    The anxiousness from stands led to what then happend on the pitch which made players anxious and thus that anxiousness caused a goal?

Is this right or wrong? Also why were people anxious at 2-1?
    Everyone in the ground could see their second goal was coming Fans, Manager and players and they were incapable of stopping it the surprise was it took so long.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    heard a wee bit of sportsound on the way home

Richard gordon : mikey stewart said a st.johnstone goal was coming, which begs the Q why did heckingbottom not see it coming

@hibs.net private member
    I was board watching Hibs on Saturday. I felt there was very little atmosphere and thought that the boo’s were the loudest I’ve heard in a very long time.

If we moved the singing section back to the East would this lift the atmosphere and ultimately the players confidence? Make no mistake it’s taken us a long time to get the fans back in their numbers and the way things are going there will be a few leaving soon watching performances like Saturday’s.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #2 Double Tap View Post
    Thats the typa message which was given out when fenlon was in charge,

its the guys who boo that want to win the most. The doom and gloomers are the real fans, their daily mood coincides with the fortunes of the team. They are the guys who the club should and need to be listening too, not the happy clapping, Oh it is just a game of football brigade.
    Aye it was pretty awesome when Fenlon left us in 5th and we replaced him with Butcher. I bet Butcher booed the loudest in the interview and showed he wanted it the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    heard a wee bit of sportsound on the way home

Richard gordon : mikey stewart said a st.johnstone goal was coming, which begs the Q why did heckingbottom not see it coming
    In fairness, he did.

We started the 2nd half very badly, had the enforced injury change then he used up his last 2 subs on 62 minutes in an attempt to stem the tide. We were being over-run in midfield and Scott Allan was a bit lost on the right.

I don't think the changes he made were the right ones but he was trying to shore it up a bit and make it a bit harder to play through us. It didn't work and the pattern of play before the changes was exactly the same as after them.

By then he'd made all his subs and whether he saw the goal coming or not, I don't know what more he could have done with his subs made.

Put it this way though - everyone in the ground saw the goal coming so I'd be amazed if he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It’s hard to argue with any of that. There’s absolutely no chance the players should be crumbling under the expectations from the fans. I think he’s just making excuses for another horrendous performance.

My worry is we won’t act quickly to change it.
    This is feeling like the mixu situation all over again. Mixu was hounded out after top six finishes but the fans saw his team as uninspiring. As with binning fenlon just be careful what you wish for. Easy for fans to moan but where is this mythical manager who will play free flowing football and get us into Europe. We all moan about how brutal the dons are and how we couldn't watch that every week. Mmm