hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Were going to lose to Morton.

9/1 yer cash.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    9/1 yer cash.
    I'm not getting involved punting wise but, 11.5 on Betfair.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I'm not getting involved punting wise but, 11.5 on Betfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I meant on Morton, I've got Hibs win btts.

Left by mutual consent!
    If Morton have bought 12 players perhaps they are all useless as well after 2/3 matches much like all ours are supposed to be.

Anyways I want 2 strikers playing if so I think 3 or 4 goals for us.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You have changed your tune, cast back a year and you were going on about it was embarrassing we were only scoring 12 goals in Europe, and our league form was poor, even though we were winning with an unbalanced side, and this was way before the transfer window closed.

A year later and things are fine, and the minnows are difficult games now.
    Literally not one of they things happened though, did they?

Left by mutual consent!
    Going on what I’ve seen so far from us this season I fancy this game to be a right struggle along the same lines as what we witnessed against St.Mirren.

Prediction = Home win

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I see you’re still making things up as literally none of these things happened.You’re obsession with me had calmed down for a while.

If you could point me to any of my posts where I said scoring 12 goals in Europe was embarrassing (I wouldn’t have said that as I didn’t think we’d horse them the way we did), or when I said our league form was embarrassing (unless it was under NL when we went 16 games winning 2 or whatever it was, which was embarrassing) because I certainly didn’t say that at the start of last season.

I await some examples but I can guarantee they won’t be forthcoming as none of that happened.

I’m also not really sure how some part time team of fishermen are comparable to a team that are usually only about 10 or so places below us in the football pyramid.
    Hahahahahaha, i have no need to show you anything, YOU know just like everyone else does that you were slaughtering the club and manager BEFORE THE TRANSFER WINDOW HAD SHUT, Because YOU said we had an unbalanced side, were waiting until the end of the transfer window when others were getting their signings in early. Thats worked out well for us.

Of course things are so different these days, Stirling albion are normally 10 places below us right enough, replace fishermen with plumbers and dustbin men.

More faces than the town clock.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Er maybe I misread you. In which case apologies
    Never apologise

Thoughts? I think we should be patient today and realise that we’re going to be facing a team who will sit in and try and frustrate us.

Any win will do.👍🏼

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thoughts? I think we should be patient today and realise that we’re going to be facing a team who will sit in and try and frustrate us.

Any win will do.👍🏼

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    One thing for sure we are looking at one of our smallest crowds just had a quick look at available seats . If Hibs loose this match hubs.net will crash and Ron will be wondering what the he'll he has bought

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    One thing for sure we are looking at one of our smallest crowds just had a quick look at available seats . If Hibs loose this match hubs.net will crash and Ron will be wondering what the he'll he has bought
    Well, I suppose it wont be a 20000 sellout, but what do you mean?

5700 v Alloa, 4600 v Arbroath already in the LC

Or is this yet another pointless post battering Hibs before a ball has even been kicked?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Er maybe I misread you. In which case apologies
    You didn’t miss anything

I wonder if all the fit signings from the English leagues will start on the basis that if they don’t the manager will appear to have brought in players that can’t be trusted to do a job against Morton?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Make or break? Seriously?

Would certainly put loads more pressure on PH if we lose but absolutely nothing will change if we win.

This should be in the 'run of the mill' win category.
    Yup, no exaggeration. The signings have a lot of fans nervous; after last weekend, the alarm bells are ringing. If we lose at home to Morton, he's in deep trouble. It's an opportunity for a fresh start, and one he mustn't waste.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Marciano

Gray
    Jackson
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Slivka
    Vela
    Allan

Horgan
    Kamberi
    Middleton
    Yes that’s what I would go with. I am interested to see how Slivka and Vela get on as it’s clear that Mallan can’t play in same team as Allan unless we accept losing the midfield is ok.nLewis and SDG back always makes us more solid. 8/10 every week.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Yes that’s what I would go with. I am interested to see how Slivka and Vela get on as it’s clear that Mallan can’t play in same team as Allan unless we accept losing the midfield is ok.nLewis and SDG back always makes us more solid. 8/10 every week.
    Mallan can't play in the same team as anyone when he plays like he has recently. Good footballers can play with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Yup, no exaggeration. The signings have a lot of fans nervous; after last weekend, the alarm bells are ringing. If we lose at home to Morton, he's in deep trouble. It's an opportunity for a fresh start, and one he mustn't waste.
    Lennon had a horrible result in this competition against QotS but since he'd had a very strong start to the league campaign and we were still on a bit of a high after the Scottish Cup win there wasn't as much meltdown as there can be.

A home cup defeat will always be a horrendous result for us. With the angst that even some of our more calm fans are feeling right now, such a result today would be unthinkable.

I think it's make or break.

Having said that, I think we'll win.

First Team Breakthrough
    Even that there's no slope now does anyone think that it might be better shooting in to the FF end in the first half. Always seems that we play better shooting in to the FF end in the second half. Might give the team a bit more confidence shooting that way in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Mallan can't play in the same team as anyone when he plays like he has recently. Good footballers can play with anyone.
    Good footballers who have the same weaknesses will play in a unit that is easily exposed and exploited though.

Playing Allan and Mallan together hangs Vela out to dry and exposes our defence.

I have a hunch that we'll see more from Allan, a lot more from Vela and the defence will look better today, all as a result of us being missing a player who I'll happily admit is a good player.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Good footballers who have the same weaknesses will play in a unit that is easily exposed and exploited though.

Playing Allan and Mallan together hangs Vela out to dry and exposes our defence.

I have a hunch that we'll see more from Allan, a lot more from Vela and the defence will look better today, all as a result of us being missing a player who I'll happily admit is a good player.
    In your opinion. In my opinion he'll be away playing for St Johnstone or back at St Mirren within a year or two.

The Liam Craig of this era.

FWIW Mcgeouch and Allan could be described as having very similar weaknesses and they managed it.

For me the only objective in a cup game is to get through to the next round.

If it is done with some style thats all the better if not so be it, but the cup is all about getting through.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Hahahahahaha, i have no need to show you anything, YOU know just like everyone else does that you were slaughtering the club and manager BEFORE THE TRANSFER WINDOW HAD SHUT, Because YOU said we had an unbalanced side, were waiting until the end of the transfer window when others were getting their signings in early. Thats worked out well for us.

Of course things are so different these days, Stirling albion are normally 10 places below us right enough, replace fishermen with plumbers and dustbin men.

More faces than the town clock.
    So what’s that got to do with apparently saying scoring 12 against the team from the Faroes wasn’t good enough or our league form? That’s what you said in your first post, now you’re talking about transfers. What one is it, because they’re totally different things?

Like I said, you’re making things up. I was concerned about transfers last season, I never once said scoring 12 against the team from the Faroes or our start to the league wasn’t good enough. You say you have no need to show me because you have no way of showing me, because it didn’t happen.

Off you pop now.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 17-08-2019 at 11:10 AM.

I think this is a good opportunity to give the new signings some game time.

I'd start with all the summer signings and, if it's not going well by the 60th minute, swap for some experienced players

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I think this is a good opportunity to give the new signings some game time.

I'd start with all the summer signings and, if it's not going well by the 60th minute, swap for some experienced players
    Middleton has to start imo. Could be a very important player for us this season. Same with Porteous (presuming he’s ready to be starting) and Gray (again, presuming he’s ready).

I’d give Vela a go aswell. We need him to work out so we need him up to speed ASAP.

We'd better look sharp. Morton are tidy.

Testimonial Due
    Hoping to see 4.4.2
    Us dominating the game and scoring a few goals.

If it’s a struggle it won’t do much to help calm the support

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I’m not Slivkas biggest fan but I’d be tempted to go with that aswell. Possibly Mallan for Slivka but I’d agree that we’ll struggle to fit Mallan and Allan into a three against better sides so we should be looking to find a three that works rather than just playing our best three.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Got my mojo back after last weekends game
    Really looking forward to it now!