hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Calderwood signed all his useless players there were folk on here saying they just needed to time to gel and others saying they were gash straight away.

Same thing happening again now.

Sometimes it’s just so damn obvious you don’t need to wait!!
    Calderwood won 5 games in a row and people were raving. Martin Scott was the 2nd coming of christ.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    If you're after a real dig. Here you go.
    Get a grip and come out from under your raincloud. Its threads like yours and posters like you that drive people away from this forum. You are saying nothing that has not been said on many other threads here but you feel the need to start a brand new one. Thats all I have to say to you.
    Actually you make an interesting point. Why start yet another thread covering what's already spread across multiple threads? Bit odd really when you think about it. Or maybe it's just me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Was thinking about poor windows we have had.
    And I was thinking this definitely ranks up there with the worst.
    In terms of improving the team we have already.
    Chris Maxwell-marciano competition

Adam jackson-defensive cover

Tom james-right back cover

Josh vela-midfield energy/DM/starter

Christian doidge-stiker option

Joe newell-left midfielder/not winger/debatable starter

Scott allan-attacking mid/ top player

Glen middleton-loan/winger/boyle cover

Other than scott allan none of them make my best hibs 11 with current squad.
    People talk about meltdowns on .net but when you review our window so far it's not surprising.

Based on this being head hunted recruitments it simply is shambolic.

Whoever it is they should not be near anymore transfers for our club be that management or recruitment.
    Should we maybe give them more time? We are two league games.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    We wait and wait and wait and wait while many others leave their seats at ER and don’t return and season tickets are major down all of a sudden. It’s not as if the majority of us haven’t seen it happen before, that’s why it’s panic stations just now.
    Well, what's your solution?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    To be fair you described the signings as shambolic and stated you are confident they won't come good.

You must surely expect some opposing views?
    I described the recruitment as shambolic, being that these signings are first picks and taken up all our transfer funds or business in the window for now.according to the manager.

Leaves me totally underwhelmed anyway so far.

I would like to think ive seen enough football to make a rational decision on players and how teams are set up to at least share that view on a fans forum.

Im no alex ferguson mind.

If we start games as pedestrian as we have all this season so far (cup included)maybe arbroath game aside.
    We will be behind in many games,chasing teams who will show energy early.
    Not many will set up cautious against hibs this season based on what has been on show so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Also bizarre that the window is still open

That would be a good argument if our Head coach hadn't said already that he wasn't signing anybody else.

I personally think the root of our problems is that this is the second season running where we've a poor balance in midfield.

McGeough-Vela-Allan would be a truly cracking midfield
    McGeough-Vela-Mallan would also have its merits

But Vela-Allan-Mallan is an imbalanced midfield, especially if there's a slightly more listless player like Newell on one of the flanks.
    Personally I see Allan as the best at the club, and Mallan the man to come off the bench for the final quarter to give Allan a break.
    Playing both those no. 10's together, plus Newell...well...we should expect bookings for Vela & the defence that sit behind them.

The decision to release /not retain 2 Defensive Mids in the summer was one that had "high risk" written on it. I've been waiting since to see where the balance would come. It's not come with Newell & I can't see it developing with him (though would very much like to be wrong on that one). Vela has something, but would benefit enormously from a McGeough type in there with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    That would be a good argument if our Head coach hadn't said already that he wasn't signing anybody else.
    Oh come on, you know better than that. This line is being repeated all over the place minus the second part about unless something comes up. We are not finished of that I am sure.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    1 game. We have played 2 league games and have 3 points. I would call that average. I know the Rangers game hurts but perhaps man up eh. These things happen. Even the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid get horsed from time to time.
    I love that argument, yet we all know deep down they will eventually get it right, whereas we just never do bar the odd exceptional day.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Actually you make an interesting point. Why start yet another thread covering what's already spread across multiple threads? Bit odd really when you think about it. Or maybe it's just me.
    You call posts "odd" and "bizarre" yet you have added nothing about football to any of this thread.

Maybe you are worried about having a poor opinion on hibs current state,I dont know,but you sure use some baffling words to describe opinions.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Well, what's your solution?
    That’s not much many of us can do realistically. I won’t be shouting down people who have concerns though.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I love that argument, yet we all know deep down they will eventually get it right, whereas we just never do bar the odd exceptional day.
    I'm not convinced we wont get it right at this point. You guys may well be right, but I would rather give the team a bit of time before I write the new boys and the manager off.

I actually think its mental that I appear to be in the minority in thinking 2 league games is no amount of time to judge so many new players.

The majority who post team selections with very little of the new starters in it don’t get questioned as to why, they don’t get told to give the new guys a chance or being told they are hysterical, it’s only when someone questions why none of the new players are good enough to be ahead of our old guys it gets shouted down as not being patient or having a go etc.

Incidentally if I didn’t care about posters feelings of opinions of the club, players etc there would be no point in being a member on a fans site.
    I think you take the whole message board thing way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I personally think the root of our problems is that this is the second season running where we've a poor balance in midfield.

McGeough-Vela-Allan would be a truly cracking midfield
    McGeough-Vela-Mallan would also have its merits

But Vela-Allan-Mallan is an imbalanced midfield, especially if there's a slightly more listless player like Newell on one of the flanks.
    Personally I see Allan as the best at the club, and Mallan the man to come off the bench for the final quarter to give Allan a break.
    Playing both those no. 10's together, plus Newell...well...we should expect bookings for Vela & the defence that sit behind them.

The decision to release /not retain 2 Defensive Mids in the summer was one that had "high risk" written on it. I've been waiting since to see where the balance would come. It's not come with Newell & I can't see it developing with him (though would very much like to be wrong on that one). Vela has something, but would benefit enormously from a McGeough type in there with him.
    McGeough is massively underated by a proportion of our support.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wha's in charge?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The same recruitment that Stubbs used to good effect, Lennon used his own agents and contacts to get players. Hyndman and Gauld are decent players but due to the imbalance in the squad and injuries they were ineffective.

The manager meets with recruitment and asks for a certain type of player, they find them and the manager chooses who he wants, Stubbs had a better eye than Lennon.
    That is not a good reflection on the club if we allowed a manager to dictate what agents we used. I would ask what is the point of the recruitment team if we are restricting ourselves in this way.

You say that Stubbs has a better eye for a player? If that is the case, I am surprised he is not currently in a job and he did not last at Rotherham or St Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    If you're after a real dig. Here you go.
    Get a grip and come out from under your raincloud. Its threads like yours and posters like you that drive people away from this forum. You are saying nothing that has not been said on many other threads here but you feel the need to start a brand new one. Thats all I have to say to you.
    Thats you having dig!! 😂

Maybe if threads weren't strewn with nonsense like your post here.people would notice what is being discussed in other threads!! As for driving people of this forum,how so? Thats a peach that.

Thats you having dig!! 😂

Maybe if threads weren't strewn with nonsense like your post here.people would notice what is being discussed in other threads!! As for driving people of this forum,how so? Thats a peach that.
    I do actually know a fair few that don't come on here due to the constant negativity. Course everyone has a right to post their view, its a forum after all. But thread after thread kicking the club can be pretty off putting for some.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    No need to take the sarcy tone with me It's not me making the decisions or signings. I don't think things are looking fantastic as they are, I'm simply telling you we won't sign another Middleton and that it doesn't make sense to sign players to cover the eventuality of 3 injuries at once.
    Striker who can play on the wing would be even better 😃

That’s not much many of us can do realistically. I won’t be shouting down people who have concerns though.
    No one is trying to shout you down but taking a sample of who was picked by posters on here is an indicator of nothing and will do nothing to improve things on the pitch.

Left by mutual consent!
    What exactly have the new players done thus far to have somebody to require responsabilty? If a player was to play say 36 games per season to allow for injury or a suspension etc etc over 2 years close to 80 games we are to decide if good enough in 2/3 of those matches?
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 15-08-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    McGeough is massively underated by a proportion of our support.
    He was also massively over rated by a proportion of our support. Some absolute muppets would have had you believe he was a better player than Mcginn.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Hibs View Post
    He was also massively over rated by a proportion of our support. Some absolute muppets would have had you believe he was a better player than Mcginn.
    Really?

Thats you having dig!! 😂

You do realise the irony in this post? Please tell me you do.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    That is not a good reflection on the club if we allowed a manager to dictate what agents we used. I would ask what is the point of the recruitment team if we are restricting ourselves in this way.

You say that Stubbs has a better eye for a player? If that is the case, I am surprised he is not currently in a job and he did not last at Rotherham or St Mirren.

They only scout the players the manager has asked to find for the positions he wants, they'll give their recommendations but ultimately the manager has the final say on transfers, even if that is using his own contacts. As I said, Stubbs used the recruitment team to it's fullest and it was working a treat, different manager, different players.

St Mirren and Rotherham, different scouts and budgets, also he wasn't with his 2 main coaches at St Mirren, Why did Heckingbottom flop at Leeds?
    Last edited by J-C; 15-08-2019 at 04:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I still think Newell could come good. His crossing is good and I could see him being useful in the right position.

Doidge is being hammered on here but he wins nice little flick ons for the likes of Scott Allan, Horgan, Flo and so forth.
    Genuine question, what is his right position?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Wide left?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Left side of a midfield three.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Left side of a midfield three.
    Doidge/Flo
    ???
    Horgan. Middleton
    Newell Vela Allan
    ???

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    They only scout the players the manager has asked to find for the positions he wants, they'll give their recommendations but ultimately the manager has the final say on transfers, even if that is using his own contacts. As I said, Stubbs used the recruitment team to it's fullest and it was working a treat, different manager, different players.

St Mirren and Rotherham, different scouts and budgets, also he wasn't with his 2 main coaches at St Mirren, Why did Heckingbottom flop at Leeds?
    I find it hard to believe that if recruitment come up with a left back, our manager has the authority to say no as my agent has a left back on his books? Is that what we are saying here? Surely that's a conflict of interests?

Paul Heckingbottom possibly lost his job because he was not up to it? Perhaps he did not have the skill set to manage a championship club?