hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I propose the following policy be adopted by the club

Defeat by 1 goal = forgiven (but don't let it happen again)

Defeat by 2 goals = fined 1 week's wages

Defeat by 3 goals = fined a month's wages and automatically dropped for the next game

Defeat by 4 goals = public flogging

Defeat by 5+ goals = Full public apology, all fans refunded (whether they were there, in the country or alive at the time) manager sacked on the spot and all contracts terminated without compensation except for the players that the fans like.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I propose the following policy be adopted by the club

Defeat by 1 goal = forgiven (but don't let it happen again)

Defeat by 2 goals = fined 1 week's wages

Defeat by 3 goals = fined a month's wages and automatically dropped for the next game

Defeat by 4 goals = public flogging

Defeat by 5+ goals = Full public apology, all fans refunded (whether they were there, in the country or alive at the time) manager sacked on the spot and all contracts terminated without compensation except for the players that the fans like.
    Far too lenient; it's this liberal approach that has allowed standards to slip. Defeat by five goals should be medieval torture: the rack, thumb screws, hot poker into the rectum....plus the refund.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I'm clearly a toys out of the pram type when it comes to football. Can someone clarify what is the appropriate timing for the toys to be thrown? Should I jot down all the usernames and assume that they'll never have a rant about performances etc.?

6-1 defeat to Rangers and the manner of the defeat justifies barrage of toys in my opinion. A defeat is fine, manner of it is the problem.

I love the position of telling fellow fans to consider taking up a different hobbie, its quite entertaining...wonder if Ron will be happy with that stance. Less fans will have to pony up more cash for this training facility.

Maybe people should stop throwing toys out the pram in response to other people throwing toys out the pram? Or maybe we can just share our opinions without telling fellow fans to review their lives? Supporters of Hibs aren't happy with a 6-1 thrashing, what's wrong with that?
    Much the same as telling the manager how to run his team, as far as I can see.

Nobody is disputing that supporters are disappointed, but perhaps those who think an apology is required are in the minority?

Certainly, the responses in this thread suggest that.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    I sometimes - over the 50 years i've been supporting hibs- apologise to my sanity for doing so !😁😁
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

I dont want an apology. I want a rezction. Starting on Saturday and lasting until May

Blog Entries
    “Love is not having to say you’re sorry”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    “Love is not having to say you’re sorry”.
    Aye, but sorry seems to be the hardest word.

What I gotta do to make Hibs love me?
    What I gotta do to make Hibs care?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Unfortunately a fair few aren't over Neil Lennon yet. The same posters that had the blinkers on during Lennons disastrous run then blamed the club for him departing are the first ones to get the knives out at Heckingbottoms first defeat of the season.
    This is probably directed at me, amongst others!

I'm over Lennon, couldn't care less what he does now, but he was my fav ever manager at Hibs. To have him replaced with the bland and boring PH certainly makes it tough.

No blinkers though, Lennon's 'disastrous run' was still better than what we're getting now as far as I'm concerned.

I just want a manager that cares. Go watch PH's post match interviews and tell me you think he cares as much as us about the result. No chance.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

I'm over Lennon, couldn't care less what he does now, but he was my fav ever manager at Hibs. To have him replaced with the bland and boring PH certainly makes it tough.

No blinkers though, Lennon's 'disastrous run' was still better than what we're getting now as far as I'm concerned.

I just want a manager that cares. Go watch PH's post match interviews and tell me you think he cares as much as us about the result. No chance.
    Not sure i agree that he doesnt care....more like he maybe has less of an empathy with the support than we'd like?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

He's the one on the street if he doesn't get it right, he cares probably more than us. Would you be happy if he was red in the face, shouting and screaming like us?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He's the one on the street if he doesn't get it right, he cares probably more than us. Would you be happy if he was red in the face, shouting and screaming like us?
    I haven't yet reached that point, but I can't promise it won't come to that if we don't meet Morton. Massive game for Hecky and the team at the weekend. We need some intensity and creativity in a good victory.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    I dont want an apology. I want a rezction. Starting on Saturday and lasting until May
    My time following Hibs, the chances of getting a reaction and one that lasts until May should be mocked as much as people asking for an apology. Seems toys out the pram types are butting heads with dreamers. We may go on a winning run but we will, like virtually every season before this, have a horrendous run that essentially destroys our season. Even under Lennon we could've finished in 2nd with ease if we didn't have a poor start with Stokes and Murray up front.

I'd take a reaction rather than an apology. I wont hold my breath though, one of the biggest failings of Hibs is we haven't for years had a strong leader on the park, a bit of a nutter that demands more of others. All players including club captain looked like they were sulking as each goal got thumped in. That's why this defeat means more than a normal defeat. Player temperament looked horrendous. If you lose 6-1, I want to see defenders arguing not just trotting back up the pitch with the head down.
    Last edited by madhatter; 13-08-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Haha, like the poster below you, I'm not even at the red in the face, shouting stage!

To answer your question though, kinda yeah, I'd like to at least see a reaction. What we got was a metaphorical shrug of the shoulders.

If he ends up on the street I'm sure the six figure compo package will help.

Haha, like the poster below you, I'm not even at the red in the face, shouting stage!

To answer your question though, kinda yeah, I'd like to at least see a reaction. What we got was a metaphorical shrug of the shoulders.

If he ends up on the street I'm sure the six figure compo package will help.
    the reaction will be seen on Saturday, nothing he says will get us 3 points, his work behind the scenes will.

You have no idea if he gets a six figure compo package. He could get absolutely nothing.

the reaction will be seen on Saturday, nothing he says will get us 3 points, his work behind the scenes will.

You have no idea if he gets a six figure compo package. He could get absolutely nothing.
    Exactly. Ranting and raving to play to the fans doesn't wash. Last guy tried that. Just looks unprofessional.

I actually thought PH looked a bit shell shocked in his interview. Which is unsurprising really.

I guess the Scottish game is a learning process for him as well as the new players. Seems astute enough to move forward from this.

Agreed about Saturday.

I’d be surprised if he got sacked and didn’t get a pay off though.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07

Personally think there is no chance of us getting 3 points on Saturday!!!😉

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dalkeith stu View Post
    Personally think there is no chance of us getting 3 points on Saturday!!!😉
    Really? I’m not confident that we’ll win it easily but I’m totally confident that there is a very real chance that we will win on Saturday.

Cup game, no points to play for!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Really? I’m not confident that we’ll win it easily but I’m totally confident that there is a very real chance that we will win on Saturday.
    Guaranteed we won’t get 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    I actually thought PH looked a bit shell shocked in his interview. Which is unsurprising really.
    He looked completely shellshocked during the game, never mind in his interview. As the first half was going on I couldn’t believe he just stood there watching it unfold without attempting to change a thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Guaranteed we won’t get 3 points
    ........ maybe not, but we’ll progress to the next round.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Imagine if this was the protocol, Folks would still not be satisfied - insincere, paying lip service... blah blah blah.

Don’t get me wrong - I’ve called for it in the past before in the heat of the moment and the day after. But looking at it I the cold light of day if it’s not relatively immediate and genuine it’s pointless.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Give this a wee listen then move on... https://g.co/kgs/3FwGYw

An apology! Haha how does the OP get through life?!

Is the OP wanting Ronnie to knock his front door with a M&S Dine for 2 and have a 4 hour session of pleading forgiveness?

Testimonial Due

So sliding towards a relegation dog fight is better than the run that took us to fifth and going ahead of Hearts including beating them at Tynie and one competitive defeat out of six games this season.

Also not forgetting the dire football that got us out of the Championship and the first half of our first season back in the SPL.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 14-08-2019 at 04:12 AM.

Exactly. Ranting and raving to play to the fans doesn't wash. Last guy tried that. Just looks unprofessional.

I guess the Scottish game is a learning process for him as well as the new players. Seems astute enough to move forward from this.
    I hope so as that will determine our season and his future.

Is he astute enough to coach his players into implementing a philosophy and tactics that thus far they have been unable to deliver on the park.

Is he astute and flexible enough to change that philosophy and tactics if the players aren't able to implement them.

I'm not convinced but I admire your optimism.

Testimonial Due

No way will we get 3 points on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    No way will we get 3 points on Saturday.
    😉

@hibs.net private member

Thumbs Up

Spot on