hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The cops must get tired dealing with the overexcited

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The bottom line is he was a kid from England who was murdered in the street because of his occupation.
    The bottom line is that the kids death will have destroyed his family and friends
    The bottom line is that idiots totally unconnected to the kid or his family have used this hellish event for their own childish ends with complete disregard for the agony of this kids family and friends. The bottom line is they are all childish morons who could not spell empathy never mind display it.

You expect that nonsense from them! Just don't want our support stooping to there levels

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    There’s a tiny, tiny minority who seem determined to turn us into a mini Celtic, had a falling out on a Facebook page a few weeks back and was rounded upon by a few of them as I had the audacity to question their IRA crap that was being pedalled under a Hibs name on the page.

Apparently ‘my type’ isn’t welcome at Easter Road. Not welcome at Easter Road even though I’ve followed Hibs for 25 year, as I have no real interest in 19th century Irish politics and I don’t want to hear Celtic party songs at games

Singing about Lee Rigby, Ibrox Disaster, Ricksen and David Murray? How wannabe Celtic can you get. I don’t know if it’s more embarrassing, cringeworthy or just sickening but it’s just as rank as any that pish Rangers supporters sing.
    Last edited by .Sean.; 12-08-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I had the misfortune to be standing a few feet away from that pillock in the first half.

He needs a serious regime of counselling for his personal issues.
    I was nearby too, Keith. Almost right behind him and the guy came across as being seriously unhinged.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    You expect that nonsense from them! Just don't want our support stooping to there levels
    Sadly I expect that behaviour from cretins amongst the football supporters of 4 teams in Scotland including ours.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 12-08-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    You do realise theres no such thing now? Officers can be drafted from anywhere to police matches now.
    Police Scotland is a cryptic crossword clue for Glesca Polis

They are still "typical Glesca polis"
    That will never change even if the title does.
    Led by Chief Inspector Oanyerway.assited by Sgt Nickem.

And the majority policing games in Glasgow wil be drawn from the Greater Glasgow area.

I dont imagine Govan Polis station commander phoning Wick or Thurso to request some plods for the Sevco V Hibernian game.

They are still riled at SDG scoring so late, that it screwed up their plans for that night in Govan.
    As it turned out, they came back to Hampden Park on horses to give us a guard of honour during our Anthem

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Police Scotland is a cryptic crossword clue for Glesca Polis

They are still "typical Glesca polis"
    That will never change even if the title does.
    Led by Chief Inspector Oanyerway.assited by Sgt Nickem.

And the majority policing games in Glasgow wil be drawn from the Greater Glasgow area.

I dont imagine Govan Polis station commander phoning Wick or Thurso to request some plods for the Sevco V Hibernian game.

They are still riled at SDG scoring so late, that it screwed up their plans for that night in Govan.
    As it turned out, they came back to Hampden Park on horses to give us a guard of honour during our Anthem

I’ve remarked on this thread already, the polis were fine yesterday. There was no polis issue yesterday that I seen. And I’ve seen a few.

My own experience of the Hibs away support is that it contains two distinct groups.
    The first group is the folk who love football and supporting Hibs in particular. They are driven to see every Hibs game they can. They are all ages, men and women of every background who live all things Hibs. I love speaking to most of these folk and feel a real kinship with them. They are everything that is positive about supporting your team.

The second group tend to be far less interested in football and Hibs and much more interested in themselves. In real life they are no marks and Hibs away games are an opportunity to group together with other losers and draw attention to themselves in any way they can. They cause nausea for any poor sod who lives in the area and is unfortunate enough to come across them as they make their way to and from the game, peeing in inappropriate places as they go. At the stadium they tend to miss much of the game and can be seen pointing, gesticulating and at a couple of games a season waving a flag at their fellow halfwits in the opposing support. They also like to sing the most obnoxious attention seeking songs they can think of, a bit like when you were 9 and thought you would impress your mates and get their approval by swearing a lot. I wish these guys mothers had paid them more attention so that they didn't have to seek the approval of other unfortunate adults with the same issues whilst in the presence of the first group above.

I don't go to Ibroke anymore, can't think of anything worse. No way of keeping away from a'holes.
    Rangers a'holes above you and Hibs a'holes near you. No escape.
    Makes me think of the Stealers Wheel song which you will know.

"A'holes to the left of me
    A'holes to the right
    Here I Am
    Stuck in the Middle of Turnip Heids"

The easiest way for Hibs to weed out these morons is for the club to send representatives to gather evidence of unacceptable behaviour at away games, thereafter identify those involved and then inform them they are banned from Easter Road and cancel their season tickets. No need to involve the courts. Simply banned as folk are from pubs when they are dicks.

As a bonus the bottle/flare throwers etc are probably from the same group, so in one simple swoop our club could quickly and easily rid itself of our most embarrassing and tedious attention seekers.
    At that point we could then get on our moral high horse and complain with confidence about the supporters of the blue, green hooped and maroon teams.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 12-08-2019 at 04:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The Rangers fans were chanting Hibees and Jet Skis don't go as well.
    I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I asked a Rangers fan about him today. They all love him and that big huddy he stewards with because he let's them drink Bucky during the game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salisbury Hibby View Post
    I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Boy that died in Ibiza (or Maga maybe)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

Trinidad & Tobago

@hibs.net private member
    I was at the match yesterday and never saw the trouble though I was aware of an "incident" near the front I never had a clue what it was about. I also never heard any of the songs our supporters were meant to be singing so can only assume that it was a very small minority.

On a separate point I noted that they didn't really indulge in sectarian singing apart from one Follow, Follow which petered out when the naughty words were due.

I was right up the back on the left hand side of our support.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    There’s a tiny, tiny minority who seem determined to turn us into a mini Celtic, had a falling out on a Facebook page a few weeks back and was rounded upon by a few of them as I had the audacity to question their IRA crap that was being pedalled under a Hibs name on the page.

Apparently ‘my type’ isn’t welcome at Easter Road. Not welcome at Easter Road even though I’ve followed Hibs for 25 year, as I have no real interest in 19th century Irish politics and I don’t want to hear Celtic party songs at games

Singing about Lee Rigby, Ibrox Disaster, Ricksen and David Murray? How wannabe Celtic can you get. I don’t know if it’s more embarrassing, cringeworthy or just sickening but it’s just as rank as any that pish Rangers supporters sing.
    Couldn't agree more they need punted out of the club. Nothing at all to do with Hibs or football, embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I was at the match yesterday and never saw the trouble though I was aware of an "incident" near the front I never had a clue what it was about. I also never heard any of the songs our supporters were meant to be singing so can only assume that it was a very small minority.

On a separate point I noted that they didn't really indulge in sectarian singing apart from one Follow, Follow which petered out when the naughty words were due.

I was right up the back on the left hand side of our support.
    You didn’t hear Hullo Hullo either??

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

Thanks for that.

I was thinking Kirsty MacColl had been a big Hibbee

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    You didn’t hear Hullo Hullo either??
    No. Maybe I am just that used to it that I don't notice it nowadays. Certainly was a lot tamer than previous times. Always seems to be worse when we have a Catholic manager though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Thanks for that.

I was thinking Kirsty MacColl had been a big Hibbee
    It would be about the Hibs fan that died in Trinidad & Tobago when we played over there. Heard Hearts fans sing about it as well

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    No. Maybe I am just that used to it that I don't notice it nowadays. Certainly was a lot tamer than previous times. Always seems to be worse when we have a Catholic manager though.
    They definitely sung The Billy Boys.