hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rangers are actually good!

I’d say this is by far the best rangers team we’ve ever played 😉 They were actually a good team today and not miles ahead of us

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    8 of their 11 starters also played at least 82 minutes on Thursday away in Denmark, lot of work has evidently been put into their fitness too. I think Celtic have too much depth in quality for Rangers to win the league but they will certainly not be far away.

First Team Breakthrough
    We’re shi te bags. Totally f*****g embarrassing.

Sevco were physically and mentally sharper, fitter and quicker all over the park.

And not for the first time one or two of our stalwarts looked old, slow, tired and past their sell-by date.

Sadly, I feel we are witnessing the last season as first picks for these same players who have served us well.

Collectively Hibs ran about like a naive, disorganised and error-strewn schoolboys team, or to be fair to The Rangers Tribute Act, they were made to look like a naive, disorganised and error-strewn schoolboys team.

The question has also to be asked: "Is the step-up to the SPL too big for one or two, if not all of Heckingbottoms summer signings?"

Our team was simply outclassed, out-thought, out-fought and ultimately humiliated by a more hungry and vastly superior quality side.

Thank goodness for another inspired Marciano performance. If not for his acrobatics our club would have suffered a double-figure gubbing.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 12-08-2019 at 12:32 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sevco were physically and mentally sharper, fitter and quicker all over the park.

And not for the first time one or two of our stalwarts looked old, slow, tired and past their sell-by date.

Sadly, I feel we are witnessing the last season as first picks for these same players who have served us well.

Collectively Hibs ran about like a naive, disorganised and error-strewn schoolboys team, or to be fair to The Rangers Tribute Act, they were made to look like a naive, disorganised and error-strewn schoolboys team.

The question has also to be asked: "Is the step-up to the SPL too big for one or two, if not all of Heckingbottoms summer signings?"

Our team was simply outclassed, out-thought, out-fought and ultimately humiliated by a more hungry and vastly superior quality side.

Thank goodness for another inspired Marciano performance. If not for his acrobatics our club would have suffered a double-figure gubbing.

Well said. Sadly enough and as embarrassing as it is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post

If things don’t improve then I think Marciano will be one of the first calling for a move away

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    They’re a very good side and will push Celtic all the way.

I actually reckon they’re more suited to skelping teams than Celtic are, especially at home. But they’ll also be more likely to drop daft points away from home. Don’t ask me why, because I don’t really know. But I can see them having a huge goal difference from their home games.

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree, Rangers are a much better side this year. I've backed them to win the league.
    Still think Hibs will come good and finish third.

We were so bad yesterday that it’s pretty difficult to actually tell how good Rangers were.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    We were so bad yesterday that it’s pretty difficult to actually tell how good Rangers were.
    They were very good. We obviously helped them with that but Rangers fans etc seem to think they were outstanding and for once in my life I’d be inclined to agree with them. That’ll be one of the best (if not the best) performances anyone in this league will put in this season.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 12-08-2019 at 06:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    The Rangers have lost their two best players in Candelias and Kent

They had a hard game on Thursday where admittedly they played very well

I actually thought they did us a favour yesterday by resting Freddo and
    Arfield

The Rangers side that started looked beatable and a well organised disciplined HIBS side should have given them a good game but we surrendered the midfield through a lack of fight and tracking back allowing a 36 year old two tap ins and a header where for a small guy managed to out jump three six foot plus HIBS players

Fair play to The Rangers but we have to have a serious look at ourselves we made them look good

We cannot afford another performance like yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    I’d say this is by far the best rangers team we’ve ever played 😉 They were actually a good team today and not miles ahead of us
    Did you ever see Gazza Laudrup Albertz Etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    I agree, Rangers are a much better side this year. I've backed them to win the league.
    Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Did you ever see Gazza Laudrup Albertz Etc
    They played for a different club

@hibs.net private member
    They're not really. That's what makes it more embarrassing. Celtic are still a far better team, so god knows what they'll do to us.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Celtic win that

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    They're not really. That's what makes it more embarrassing. Celtic are still a far better team, so god knows what they'll do to us.
    Rangers just won 4-2 away in Europe to a very decent side. They’ve swept aside everyone they’ve played so far in Europe and horsed a couple of good sides pre season. They beat Marseille by 4 goals.

Theyre a very good side by Scottish football standards, especially at home where I suspect they’ll tank a lot more sides than Celtic will at Parkhead.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Rangers just won 4-2 away in Europe to a very decent side. They’ve swept aside everyone they’ve played so far in Europe and horsed a couple of good sides pre season. They beat Marseille by 4 goals.

Theyre a very good side by Scottish football standards, especially at home where I suspect they’ll tank a lot more sides than Celtic will at Parkhead.
    Callum. You’re trying too hard - Rangers are a good side- but our performance was appalling ...that’s what people are troubled with ..how bad we were ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Callum. You’re trying too hard - Rangers are a good side- but our performance was appalling ...that’s what people are troubled with ..how bad we were ...
    This threads about how good Rangers are, not how bad we are.

Over the course of the season I’ve no doubt we’ll see that they’re a very good side. They’ll stroll into the groups in the Europa imo.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 12-08-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Ha ha

Are you laughing at my opinion on Rangers, Hibs, or both?
    See you back here in May 2020

@hibs.net private member
    Hate to say it but yes they are. We were appalling but if we'd put in a performance like that a couple of years ago they would have beat us by a couple of goals rather than 5 going on 10.

The fact they toiled against Kilmarnock the week before shows they aren't impervious but a few teams will be in for a doing this season.

Big thing for me is their depth. They've got a ridiculous number of midfielders and have followed the age old tactic of their previous club by swooping up other SPL players to spend half the time on the bench.

But it means they can play a high intensity game knowing the squad can be rotated if players are tired or pick up knocks.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Hate to say it but yes they are. We were appalling but if we'd put in a performance like that a couple of years ago they would have beat us by a couple of goals rather than 5 going on 10.

The fact they toiled against Kilmarnock the week before shows they aren't impervious but a few teams will be in for a doing this season.

Big thing for me is their depth. They've got a ridiculous number of midfielders and have followed the age old tactic of their previous club by swooping up other SPL players to spend half the time on the bench.

But it means they can play a high intensity game knowing the squad can be rotated if players are tired or pick up knocks.
    Pretty much how I see it. There’s no getting away from the fact we were murder yesterday. But their fans are waxing lyrical about their performance and I suspect everyone in our league other than Celtic would have lost by 3 or 4+ yesterday. Some probably by even more.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Yes, we were appalling, but Rangers were good and are much improved over the versions we’ve been accustomed to over the past five seasons or so. They’re geared up to compete for the title and will do this season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Yes, we were appalling, but Rangers were good and are much improved over the versions we’ve been accustomed to over the past five seasons or so. They’re geared up to compete for the title and will do this season.
    Yes. As were Celtic the last two seasons - and we managed to beat them ...Rangers are a good side - but a 6-1, going on 10 annihilation, is not acceptable..regardless how good they are

@hibs.net private member
    This threads about how good Rangers are, not how bad we are.

Over the course of the season I’ve no doubt we’ll see that they’re a very good side. They’ll stroll into the groups in the Europa imo.
    I’m assuming the OP was giving a sense of perspective ..not a eulogy to how good Rangers are...

The game yesterday had two teams in it ...we didn’t compete - against an improved Rangers side - that’s why we got hammered

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    They’re a very good side and will push Celtic all the way.

I actually reckon they’re more suited to skelping teams than Celtic are, especially at home. But they’ll also be more likely to drop daft points away from home. Don’t ask me why, because I don’t really know. But I can see them having a huge goal difference from their home games.
    Would this be on the basis of celtic skelping St Johnstone 7-0 and Motherwell 5-1 in their first 2 league games?

Yes. As were Celtic the last two seasons - and we managed to beat them ...Rangers are a good side - but a 6-1, going on 10 annihilation, is not acceptable..regardless how good they are
    I don’t think anyone’s saying it’s acceptable. The stars aligned yesterday for us to get a doing, it happens. Aberdeen have had a few (maybe not as bad but a lot more frequent) doings from the OF over the last few years as have Hearts (they even got a doing off Livi). They’re the teams we compete with and yet before yesterday we’d had none.

Rangers fans reckon they were outstanding, Hibs fans reckon we were that bad that the manager should get sacked and we had 10 men for most of the second half. Well not be the only team to get our pants pulled down at Ibrox this year.

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    Would this be on the basis of celtic skelping St Johnstone 7-0 and Motherwell 5-1 in their first 2 league games?
    Fair point

I think Rangers have more of a gung-ho, don’t take the foot off the gas mentality, especially at Ibrox than Celtic do though. Which again, I know the last two scores would suggest not the case but I think over the course of the season it could prove to be true.. even though I’ve probably no real basis for thinking it

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Rangers aren't 6-1 good. Our own stupidity led to that.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Rangers aren't 6-1 good. Our own stupidity led to that.
    Sadly yesterdays result proves they are even if we were gash. With so many shots they could have scored more.