hibs.net Messageboard

Rangers analysis

Well, we were all coming into this game nervous about what may happen and I feel like the result and performance is what we were expecting.

Marciano made some very good saves but he was brutal for the first goal, a shot from outside his box right at him and he palms it right to Jermaine Defoe. Morelos 1st goal was also poor from him, near post where they must have been about a yard and he was beaten.

Whittikar has some good bits but when he is caught on the ball boy is he caught, 5th goal was similar to what happened earlier in the game.

Mackie, I like him but my god. Those are two absolutley idiotic decisions, he let everyone down with that handball.

Our midfield was completely non existent, they were literally walking past us, we couldn’t keep the ball or retain possession for any length of time.

We are so lightweight in there, you could risk that if we played a high energy in their face pressing game, but we don’t.

Doidge I can’t think of anything he done, literally anything.

I have tried to be patient and give the benefit of doubt but we are lacking quality. Allan is the only one that has anything about him, teams will suss this out and just man mark him. If he gets injured I really fear for us.

Putting Flo on at 2-1 and down to ten men sounds brilliant if it comes off, but we were getting absolutely battered. Surely put Slivka on and try get a bit of a foot on the game.

We really need to invest or it will be a long season.

Heck was already under pressure with a lot of fans not seeming to take to him, this will not help.

There is a huge gulf in finances etc, but there has been for years. The problem is we need to recruit better and some known quality.

In fairness to Rangers they look very good, fast and skilful all over the pitch but still a bit suspect at defending. I think they will give quite a few teams a hammering this season.

We however, looked like we never had a clue what to do, the whole game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

you get what you pay for

Humiliating.
    Our manager (for the moment!)says we are in work in progress...has anyone seen any progress?
    Shocking and remember who beat Rangers to lift the cup..progress..I think not!
    The standard of player we demand fir Hibs ..means investment and FAST

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, we were all coming into this game nervous about what may happen and I feel like the result and performance is what we were expecting.

Marciano made some very good saves but he was brutal for the first goal, a shot from outside his box right at him and he palms it right to Jermaine Defoe. Morelos 1st goal was also poor from him, near post where they must have been about a yard and he was beaten.

Whittikar has some good bits but when he is caught on the ball boy is he caught, 5th goal was similar to what happened earlier in the game.

Mackie, I like him but my god. Those are two absolutley idiotic decisions, he let everyone down with that handball.

Our midfield was completely non existent, they were literally walking past us, we couldn’t keep the ball or retain possession for any length of time.

We are so lightweight in there, you could risk that if we played a high energy in their face pressing game, but we don’t.

Doidge I can’t think of anything he done, literally anything.

I have tried to be patient and give the benefit of doubt but we are lacking quality. Allan is the only one that has anything about him, teams will suss this out and just man mark him. If he gets injured I really fear for us.

Putting Flo on at 2-1 and down to ten men sounds brilliant if it comes off, but we were getting absolutely battered. Surely put Slivka on and try get a bit of a foot on the game.

We really need to invest or it will be a long season.

Heck was already under pressure with a lot of fans not seeming to take to him, this will not help.

There is a huge gulf in finances etc, but there has been for years. The problem is we need to recruit better and some known quality.

In fairness to Rangers they look very good, fast and skilful all over the pitch but still a bit suspect at defending. I think they will give quite a few teams a hammering this season.

We however, looked like we never had a clue what to do, the whole game.
    Can’t really argue with any of that. Hecky’s pre match comments about us being a work in progress sounded a bit like someone who was getting his excuses in early. Even if we are a work in progress today’s result isn’t acceptable. No one wants a return to the days of getting turned over at Ipox and Parkhead. I’m not yet seeing any evidence of the pace, power and pressing he talks about.

Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    Humiliating.
    Our manager (for the moment!)says we are in work in progress...has anyone seen any progress?
    Shocking and remember who beat Rangers to lift the cup..progress..I think not!
    The standard of player we demand fir Hibs ..means investment and FAST
    How did the high press game work today ?

We need bite in midfield. We can't go into a derby without someone in there who can scrap and fight . I don't blame Mallam, that's simply not his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    Can’t really argue with any of that. Hecky’s pre match comments about us being a work in progress sounded a bit like someone who was getting his excuses in early. Even if we are a work in progress today’s result isn’t acceptable. No one wants a return to the days of getting turned over at Ipox and Parkhead. I’m not yet seeing any evidence of the pace, power and pressing he talks about.
    It is a bit concerning to hear that from your manager. I hope we learn from this defeat and we start seeing the progress he is alluding to, but it wouldn't surprise me much if Hecky is manoeuvring himself to be out by Christmas. Still way too early though, and I'll be very surprised if most of the league don't get one or two hidings from Rangers at Ibrox this year. If the sending off doesn't happen it could have been much closer.