hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab

Fort William v Hibs

I’ve recently just got my hands on 2 programmes from this game which I am told are very rare and was wondering if anyone knows the score of the game, the game was held around 1999 for the opening of the floodlights at Claggan park.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I wisnae there, but judging by the latest 10 years league results against F. William, we must have won 100 nil !

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve recently just got my hands on 2 programmes from this game which I am told are very rare and was wondering if anyone knows the score of the game, the game was held around 1999 for the opening of the floodlights at Claggan park.
    They need to install Toto toilets to get rid of the claggans.

Not sure if 1-999 was the year or the score.

First Team Breakthrough
    I was at the game. Think it may have been early 1999 or late 1998 as it was a Hibs youth team including Kenny Miller before he had made a breakthrough into the first team. My memory is a bit sketchy but I think the score was about 6-0 to Hibs with Miller maybe getting as many as 5.

The reason Hibs were Fort William’s opponents was that we had just signed John Campbell from Fort William and the friendly was part of the deal. As per most Fort William games i’m sure it chucked it down all evening. Being one of small band of Hibs supporters living in the Fort at the time it was great to get to a Hibs match without having a 3 hour car journey!

Quote Originally Posted by ED Hibee View Post
    I was at the game. Think it may have been early 1999 or late 1998 as it was a Hibs youth team including Kenny Miller before he had made a breakthrough into the first team. My memory is a bit sketchy but I think the score was about 6-0 to Hibs with Miller maybe getting as many as 5.

The reason Hibs were Fort William’s opponents was that we had just signed John Campbell from Fort William and the friendly was part of the deal. As per most Fort William games i’m sure it chucked it down all evening. Being one of small band of Hibs supporters living in the Fort at the time it was great to get to a Hibs match without having a 3 hour car journey!

Yes was definitely part of the John Campbell deal, can’t believe it’s that long ago. Drove down from Dingwall and it poured down the whole way. Reminded me why I left Fort William in the first place haha. The rain and the midges!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by highland hibbee View Post
    Yes was definitely part of the John Campbell deal, can’t believe it’s that long ago. Drove down from Dingwall and it poured down the whole way. Reminded me why I left Fort William in the first place haha. The rain and the midges!
    H.H. I've sent you a p.m.