hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tall for a midfielder too, we need a bit of height in our team
    Yeah, good point.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Definitely has a bit more height which the team does need, he’s not exactly quick which I think in this league is what as a winger you need to be, so maybe he’s going to play inside.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Ignore them mate, more of the easily offended brigade, not worth bothering about 👍
    I certainly wasn't offended by the comment. I'm not really sure what your point is?

Welcome aboard Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Reading between the lines on the various Rotherham supporters forums, Newell is your typical winger i.e. inconsistent.
    Having said that they state he has great ability and hopefully the new challenge will see him burn more hot than cold.
    Importantly he has played over 30 games in each of the last 5 season so we are not bringing in a treatment room dweller.
    I think he will provide us with some great moments and a little frustration.
    All things considered, a thumbs up from me.

Strikers and combative midfielder signings next please.
    Hibs will be more dominant in games in the Premiership than Rotherham were in the English Championship so will get more time on the ball to impress. Im looking forward to seeing him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hibs will be more dominant in games in the Premiership than Rotherham were in the English Championship so will get more time on the ball to impress. Im looking forward to seeing him play.
    100% true!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I've never heard of this guy either, but, with over thirty appearances in the English Championship, there is cause for optimism in his ability. Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the party.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Derek riordan absolutely slaughter him on instagram 30 games 0 goals 4 assists.

We can't all be deek can we

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post

I wonder who is better placed to judge. Heck and the recruitment team, who work with this squad and know what we need, or deek.. Personally, I'd like to see him kick a ball in anger for the hibees before getting the knives out.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Wonder what Newell would make of Deek's stats at Celtc.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Wonder what Newell would make of Deek's stats at Celtc.
    Or anywhere that wasn't hibs or semi pro.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Strange from Deek. Will he have seen the guy play or even heard of him before?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Don't think we are signing this guy as a striker to be fair … in fact he said himself Heck looked at him as a link between defence and attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    True. But at this point the aim should be to sign and retain players who can win games we don't usually dominate. In the last two seasons we have played 10 post split matches and won 2 of them, which is consistent with this club's quite frankly woeful top 6 record over the years.

That's the next level for us … not simply making the top 6 which we should be able to do most seasons, its winning games when we get there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Strange from Deek. Will he have seen the guy play or even heard of him before?
    Was thinking the same. He’s not usually one to slaughter Hibs players either on social media.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Was thinking the same. He’s not usually one to slaughter Hibs players either on social media.
    I wonder what his stats were like at St. Johnstone (nae goals), Bristol Rovers (nae goals) Alloa (nae goals) Brechin (nae goals) York City (nae goals) etc.

Scored at East Fife and Edinburgh City but.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I wonder what his stats were like at St. Johnstone (nae goals), Bristol Rovers (nae goals) Alloa (nae goals) Brechin (nae goals) York City (nae goals) etc.

Scored at East Fife and Edinburgh City but.
    Like our new guy I’ll only care what he does when here - like Riordan.

Or perhaps when we sell him next summer with a massive transfer clause 😆

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Looks like he did indeed have strong options to go elsewhere before joining us:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...well-1-8958172

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's fine by me I wasn't being critical.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Come down off your high horse eh?

Nothing, I've absolutely no idea why I'm being slated for my comment. I was simply saying that I know nothing about him and wouldn't be jumping on the bandwagon of criticising the signing of someone without seeing him play.

This place is unreal at times.
    You never said anything wrong at all.

I said practically the same thing in the 1st reply on the thread. I know literally nothing about the guy, I've never seen him play and have no idea what type of player he is so I'm not going to hail him as a great signing or decry him as rubbish.

The 'I'll trust the managers judgement' stuff thrown at you is something I've never understood either. Do we have any other choice? We trusted a manager when he signed Liam Henderson, David Gray, Liam Fontaine and Scott Allan. We also had to trust the managers who signed Matt Thornhill, Junior Agogo, Sean O'Hanlon and Danny Haynes. Trusting the manager doesn't exclude us from having our own opinion or even disagreeing with their decisions at times. If we all just sat and agreed with the manager then forums like this and the pubs after the game would be far more boring places.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    One of my good mates is a Rotherham fan. Here’s what he had to say about Joe:

“On his day, he’s great - decent on the ball and good passer”

“Can be hugely frustrating just running into trouble and giving it away and lacks effort sometimes. But he's equally likely to be the best player on the pitch. Well obviously not so much in the Championship, but definitely in League 1”.

“10 minute spells you wonder how he's only playing in league one. Then he gives it away 5 times in a row. Mercurial”.

Fingers crossed with the expert coaching he will get here he will progress his game up another level.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    In regards to the negative tweets from Rotherham fans, the majority are from a few days ago when he was rumoured to joining local rivals Doncaster.

Plus anyone who chooses to live in Rotherham is pretty much proving that they have poor judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Plus anyone who chooses to live in Rotherham is pretty much proving that they have poor judgement.
    Thanks😁

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Diving header goal on his debut against Dundee if I remember correctly

Came off the bench and scored a peach of a header.

Was a hibs kids game

Anyway welcome to the new fellae

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    W fr e
    Welcome joe

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I wonder who is better placed to judge. Heck and the recruitment team, who work with this squad and know what we need, or deek.. Personally, I'd like to see him kick a ball in anger for the hibees before getting the knives out.
    I agree dunno why he's digging him out, I'm more than happy with him tbh seems a very good addition

Joe Newell

Hi guys, Ian, Rotherham fan here. I like Joe as a player & a guy & I'm sorry he's going but he's given us some wonderful memories & leaves with our good wishes. As a player he's more effective out wide left but can play as a left sided central midfielder. His right foot is for standing on only. His set piece delivery is generally excellent, he has a turn of pace & can beat a man. You won't get much out of him defensively & he couldn't tackle a cooked dinner but that's not what you've recruited him for. I'm sure you have a good aquisition in Joe & he'll do very well in the SPL. All good wishes for the forthcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by BradtheMiller View Post
    Hi guys, Ian, Rotherham fan here. I like Joe as a player & a guy & I'm sorry he's going but he's given us some wonderful memories & leaves with our good wishes. As a player he's more effective out wide left but can play as a left sided central midfielder. His right foot is for standing on only. His set piece delivery is generally excellent, he has a turn of pace & can beat a man. You won't get much out of him defensively & he couldn't tackle a cooked dinner but that's not what you've recruited him for. I'm sure you have a good aquisition in Joe & he'll do very well in the SPL. All good wishes for the forthcoming season.
    Thanks for the info. Quite excited to see him play. All the best for the coming season.

Cheers mate 🇳🇬👍

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Thanks for the post Ian