hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 484 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need someone with a bit of presence and composure in the centre of the park to feed Omeonga/Mallan etc. I think we also need a solid right back as competition for gray along with some pace and quality out wide that is not going to be injured all bloody season.

Oh and a striker maybe 2 if we don't get McNulty.

Edit: Forgot were getting Allan so that may tick the first box...

Possibly another CB as well if McGregor leaves in the summer as he’s out of contract. Will leave us with just Hanlon & Porteous with Milligan deployed there although I much prefer him in midfield. Also don’t know much about Spector as only seen him play in the derby. How’s he performed for the reserves so far and is he worth keeping longer?

It’s going to be an interesting summer and I’m quite excited to see who PH brings in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Hopefully we won't have to wait much Ome-LONGA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA H
    I actually enjoyed reading this pun

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    And so it begins...

Quote Originally Posted by joe_hfc View Post
    I think we should be doing all we can to sign McNulty and Omeonga. They will have a high sell-on value after a season or two, and I worry about our team without those two. They fit the club, the dressing room, our style of play and are a large reason for our upturn in form. I can't see hibs signing anyone else near their caliber but I could be wrong
    McNulty - He is on a long term deal and Reading paid £1M for him, but it looks like they're safe from relegation so I'm unsure if he'll fit in their plans for next season. If not, I'd imagine they'll loan him out for the season unless someone pays enough (can't see an English team going paying for him nor Celtic. Maybe Rangers).

Omeonga - No idea how much Genoa value him. If he's not part of their plans (which I assume he isn't) they may be happy to just get rid for whatever someone's willing to pay. Fingers crossed this is the case

Omeonga - No idea how much Genoa value him. If he's not part of their plans (which I assume he isn't) they may be happy to just get rid for whatever someone's willing to pay. Fingers crossed this is the case
    Just curious, what have you heard to suggest he isn't part of their plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    Just curious, what have you heard to suggest he isn't part of their plans?
    He has played a lot of games for them so he may be part of their plans, however the fact he's been sent out on a season-long loan suggests there's a chance he isn't. Prandelli came in and sent him out on loan within a month of being in charge. Who knows, I suppose he could have been loaned for a number of reasons! We'll find out in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Henry Fish would mackerel good name for puns to be fair.
    Omeonga 3 is good for our health

He has played a lot of games for them so he may be part of their plans, however the fact he's been sent out on a season-long loan suggests there's a chance he isn't. Prandelli came in and sent him out on loan within a month of being in charge. Who knows, I suppose he could have been loaned for a number of reasons! We'll find out in the summer.
    Cheers. He's still a bit raw but already an incredible talent.

If Petrie loosened the purse strings for once instead of focusing on the SFA job and filling his own pockets we’d be much better off.

Of course then we’d just have to deal with his Hun puppet that calls herself a “CEO” worrying about installing CCTV just to catch some people throwing smoke bombs and flares (which only increases atmosphere btw) instead of actually spending money on players.

Another season of piss poor loan players like Omeonga and Mcnulty await us.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    If Petrie loosened the purse strings for once instead of focusing on the SFA job and filling his own pockets we’d be much better off.

Of course then we’d just have to deal with his Hun puppet that calls herself a “CEO” worrying about installing CCTV just to catch some people throwing smoke bombs and flares (which only increases atmosphere btw) instead of actually spending money on players.

Fisherman are we?

For me the top priority is a top notch centre midfield players who can run the midfield.
    Mobile, good positional awareness, solid in the tackle, strong on the ball and able to pick a pass (I know, I don't want much right?)

Whether we need more than one probably depends on your opinions on Slivka and Milligan.

The biggest problem we've had since losing McGinn and McGeouch is not being able to control the midfield.
    Defence plays too deep and the strikers either also have to drop deep or become isolated.

The big plus for next season is that we already have two quality attackers in for Heckingbottom in Allan and the return of Boyle.
    Assuming both return to the previous form they've shown for Hibs that's a ****ing fantastic start.

First Team Breakthrough

Get a life or an ice lolly for gods sake !

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post

calm down,calm down..it's only a commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post
    FAB ice lolly’s are my favourite if you’re buying.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

:
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK

- ‘Hibs fan on Twitter, 2019’

Deepsea trawlerman

Left by mutual consent!
    Very slim chance of it ever happening but if there was one player I'd like to take on loan from down south next season it would be Ethan Ampadu at Chelsea. He would win player of the year in this league.

Left by mutual consent!
    McNulty - He is on a long term deal and Reading paid £1M for him, but it looks like they're safe from relegation so I'm unsure if he'll fit in their plans for next season. If not, I'd imagine they'll loan him out for the season unless someone pays enough (can't see an English team going paying for him nor Celtic. Maybe Rangers).
    As a big Celtic fan I don't think Sparky would go to Rangers, he would rather stay down south I'd imagine.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

I see trolling is allowed now.

I’ve seen posters banned for this kind of thing. Maybe the rules have changed or maybe it’s only trolling when it’s certain posters but for others it’s banter?

Either way, good representation of the doom and gloomers, do the happy clappers next

Another transfer thread? Didn't we just have one?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post

I’ve seen posters banned for this kind of thing. Maybe the rules have changed or maybe it’s only trolling when it’s certain posters but for others it’s banter?

Either way, good representation of the doom and gloomers, do the happy clappers next
    Reported.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

I think this is deep satire at work, in this response and the post MWC responded to. Good work all round.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Reported.
    What happens if you report an admin to admin? Asking for a friend

Are you not in the official Hibs.net WhatsApp group? I’m practically the site admin now.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Try it. Just remember we know where you live.*

*not factually accurate

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    The two admins fight barechested in a disused warehouse to establish supremacy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Are you not in the official Hibs.net WhatsApp group? I’m practically the site admin now.
    I was but I got chucked out for calling Dempster a puppet

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    For me the top priority is a top notch centre midfield players who can run the midfield.
    Mobile, good positional awareness, solid in the tackle, strong on the ball and able to pick a pass (I know, I don't want much right?)

Whether we need more than one probably depends on your opinions on Slivka and Milligan.

The biggest problem we've had since losing McGinn and McGeouch is not being able to control the midfield.
    Defence plays too deep and the strikers either also have to drop deep or become isolated.
    When Hecky first came in and was playing a 442 this was my first thought as well. The key thing he is missing more than anything is a central midfield pairing who can boss the midfield together, allowing the others to focus on what they do best.

The fact we've had to switch to 5 in the midfield now shows what we're lacking there. Would love if we could sort this position out as there's been a bloody glaring hole in our midfield since McGinn left and I wonder when we'll ever fill it again.

First Team Breakthrough
    FAB ice lolly’s are my favourite if you’re buying.
    Maroon ones ? .