hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, although unless is more to the story than has been revealed so far, KT chose to dump his old agent and willingly signed a contract with McKay.
    Yes I know. And I was raging at the time, particularly at the DR articles. But I'm now choosing to believe that he did so out of gullibility rather than badness. McKay has clearly hoodwinked cleverer men than KT in his time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    He lives in Monaco.
    There you go then!

And the tax there compared to here is..?

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Indeed. McKay wants his money. He could see difficulties ahead. Why wouldn't he? After all he is an utter sccumbag. I hope he receives absolutely nothing. I recall his son telling Sala that the flight to Cardiff wouldn't cost him anything. That flight would have cost at least £2500 alone. Tells you everything you need to know about Willie McKays football agency. Utter cockroaches.
    From what I understand the type of licence the pilot had did not allow him to get paid for his services so he has either volunteered to do the flight for free as a favour to McKay or he has been given a backhander from McKay to do it.

If Cardiff's insurance only just covers the actual transfer fee and they are going to have to stump up their own money to pay McKay's fees when he looks to be culpable for Sala being on that plane in the first place they will probably do everything they can to avoid that.

Its unlikely that there is an issue with paying the money to Nantes and more to do with waiting for an investigation to be done that allows Cardiff to with-hold payment from McKay.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was McKay himself that leaked this to the press in order to put pressure on Cardiff to make the payment to Nantes so that he gets his cut as soon as possible before any investigations are carried out.

I see he's a convicted coke head as well (Sept 2012). Just WHY would any self respecting footballer want to tie up with this absolute crook?!!

@hibs.net private member
    I see he's a convicted coke head as well (Sept 2012). Just WHY would any self respecting footballer want to tie up with this absolute crook?!!
    Because it would probably rule out about 50 percent of all agents ..

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    There you go then!

And the tax there compared to here is..?
    For companies? 33%, as opposed to 19% here.

No Income Tax though.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Would the pilot not have had insurance? I possibly missed that part of the story.
    I read an article over the weekend, the authorities are finding it difficult to ascertain ownership of the aircraft. Allegations it was registered in the US as they have more relaxed maintenance regimes compared to UK, even though the plane exclusively flew around the UK/Europe.
    If there's any doubt on the legitimacy of the flight the insurers may delay payment,,,,

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    any chance that Mckay,or son, could end up getting sued from anyone somewhere down the line

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    If I were Sala's family, or Cardiff City, or any given part of the authorities looking to be inquisitive I would be wanting to examine very closely who exactly commissioned the flight and on what basis.

I'd want to consider carefully what due diligence was carried out by all parties concerned before putting in jeopardy the life of a young man. I would very particularly want to see any correspondence of any sort sent to Sala from any party or parties instructing him to take that flight.

Then I'd want to instruct a good lawyer to pursue damages if possible for negligence of any sort that may result in criminal, financial and certainly reputational damage for those responsible. And if any of those responsible should turn out to be football agents then cosmic karma will have done its job.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Because it would probably rule out about 50 percent of all agents ..
    These days Im never really surprised when I meet someone who likes a bit of coke, it's absolutely rife these days. Football agents, media types, journalists, music industry, I'd just assume most of them do.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Looks like somebody is absolutely ****ting themselves about the outcome of investigations and trying to get their retaliation in first. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109

I wonder which PR agency he has retained. It's a stomach-turning and calculated piece of attempted media manipulation.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Looks like somebody is absolutely ****ting themselves about the outcome of investigations and trying to get their retaliation in first. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109

I wonder which PR agency he has retained. It's a stomach-turning and calculated piece of attempted media manipulation.
    He really is a grotesque piece of work. Slagging people off about criticising the pilot, yet indicates he thinks it was pilot error.

Petrified of a lawsuit against him.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    He has two sons on Cardiffs books too - odd situation................

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    These days Im never really surprised when I meet someone who likes a bit of coke, it's absolutely rife these days. Football agents, media types, journalists, music industry, I'd just assume most of them do.
    Maybe just my age, but I find that really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    any chance that Mckay,or son, could end up getting sued from anyone somewhere down the line
    I would say if they have commissioned the flight and the pilot was deemed to somehow not have the right licence or paperwork to fly it is a possibility.

"The Mckays won't be chasing Nantes for the 1.5 million they are owed for the moment" makes you sick. Seems they arranged the travel but blame the club for not having a private jet !

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    If I were Sala's family, or Cardiff City, or any given part of the authorities looking to be inquisitive I would be wanting to examine very closely who exactly commissioned the flight and on what basis.

I'd want to consider carefully what due diligence was carried out by all parties concerned before putting in jeopardy the life of a young man. I would very particularly want to see any correspondence of any sort sent to Sala from any party or parties instructing him to take that flight.

Then I'd want to instruct a good lawyer to pursue damages if possible for negligence of any sort that may result in criminal, financial and certainly reputational damage for those responsible. And if any of those responsible should turn out to be football agents then cosmic karma will have done its job.
    If I were his family I’d also want to find him and kick his **** in.

Cardiff were going to organise a flight for him but were told it was taken care of, Mackay and son ****ting themselves

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    He really is a grotesque piece of work. Slagging people off about criticising the pilot, yet indicates he thinks it was pilot error.

Petrified of a lawsuit against him.
    Complains that Cardiff abandoned the player and didn’t arrange the flight then goes on to say he arranged the flight through a pilot that had flown him and many of his players “all over Europe on countless occasions”.

I thought he had been struck off. Seems his son did the deal and is due €1.5m for sorting it out.

His son going on about how hard a time it has been for them. Dear oh dear utterly shameless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    He has two sons on Cardiffs books too - odd situation................
    Much more than odd. Both sons on Cardiff's books but out on loan at clubs 4 or 5 divisions lower. There is nothing in their cv's to indicate they're good enough to play in the EPL. Looks like money laundering. I think this whole tragedy will shine a light on the corruption endemic in football.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Just watched it on bbc news and it was the most contrived, self serving and manipulative thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Won’t be chasing the £1.5m “at the moment”

Oh that’s ****ing big of you

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    His son going on about how hard a time it has been for them. Dear oh dear utterly shameless.

Chip off the old block.

Two people killed in a plane crash and the McKays are concerned about themselves.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Just watched it on bbc news and it was the most contrived, self serving and manipulative thing I’ve seen in a long time.
    It was nauseating. No sympathy for anyone but themselves, and I doubt I believed a single word WM said.
    ​#PERSEVERED

I don't like the look of those McKay chappies. You wouldn't leave either of them alone in your house.

It's pathetic this blame game and that sleaze ball McKay is a lowdown dirty rat. However, it was an accident. It doesn't matter who booked the flight, or if needed to be some flight sharing scheme. The pilot was a competent pilot and something went tragically wrong. Out of respect for the families of both the player and pilot, this blame game should be 100% kept out the media and worked out behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    It's pathetic this blame game and that sleaze ball McKay is a lowdown dirty rat. However, it was an accident. It doesn't matter who booked the flight, or if needed to be some flight sharing scheme. The pilot was a competent pilot and something went tragically wrong. Out of respect for the families of both the player and pilot, this blame game should be 100% kept out the media and worked out behind closed doors.
    A tragedy without a doubt but nevertheless a lot of money has been lost and from a business point of view Cardiff will understandably want recourse if someone is to blame. I must admit that I wouldn't shed a tear to see the McKays being held financially culpable....

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    A tragedy without a doubt but nevertheless a lot of money has been lost and from a business point of view Cardiff will understandably want recourse if someone is to blame. I must admit that I wouldn't shed a tear to see the McKays being held financially culpable....
    Totally agree, a lot of money was on the line, just try and keep this classy behind closed doors.