hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar

Favourite You Tube channel?

Being a semi old f@rt I never thought I would become as addicted to You Tube as I have and I probably spend more time watching it than I do the telly these days.

Being a bit of a petrol head I love any sort of motorbike and car repair or build projects, but my favourite has to be the Tally Ho project which is a young guy rebuilding a 100 year old sailing yacht, the skill and enthusiasm of this guy is genuinely inspiring.

Next favourite is Mustie1 a guy very much after my own heart that fixes up broken lawnmowers and old VW’s amongst other things.

Lastly on a complete tangent is Marty’s Matchbox Makeovers, an Aussie guy that refurbishes old matchbox cars, he’s got a great sense of humour and being of that generation when that was the toys that I played with as a kid it’s a trip down memory lane for me.

There’s a few other channels I look out for but would love to hear your favourites and recommendations

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/delanyify

Enjoy this guy plane crash reconstructions.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I love cooking so there's a couple I really like.

Food Busker is one; a chap who makes awesome street food and goes around markets seeing what people would pay for it. Sorted Food are great too, lots of interesting ideas and they're good fun to watch.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Good thread boys. Keep them coming

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Binging with Babish is fantastic. He takes foods from TV, films and cartoons and recreates them. The double deluxe Krabby patty from Spongebob is great, a double tempura batter deep fried double cheeseburger.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Marty Shwartz guitar tutor, every Sunday morn without fail 0600 to learn chords/riffs etc

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    My self reliance, Canadian guy building a log cabin on his own with hand tools only, he's also built a sauna, outdoor kitchen etc

I also like watching Corridor Crew, they are SFX guys and break down good and bad CGI and stunts etc in movies

For a number of years now I've watched more on YouTube than I do on live tv

Sneaker shopping by complex.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marty Shwartz guitar tutor, every Sunday morn without fail 0600 to learn chords/riffs etc
    Hey what’s up you guys!

Paul Davids is brilliant as well.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Bad Obsession Motorsport: Project Binky, putting a Toyota Celica into a mini by guys who don’t take themselves too seriously but seem to know what they are doing

Adam Savage stuff, the Mythbusters guy

Ozzy Man Reviews, Australian parodies

SPFL, highlights without commentary

Tifo Football, gives opinion on everything from tactics to finance

Veritasium. Sciency stuff

The late show with Stephen Colbert, for the satire

Pure Living for Life, couple doing a self build in Northwest US

... things you do when flat on the floor recovering from a slipped disc. Realised I needed more of a life when I found myself watching Linus Techtips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Forgot about Stranger Parts, an amaericam dude living in China building I phones from scratch buy buying all the individual parts in a market and also retrofitting the new I phones with a headphone jack

Copa90.

football channel, mainly short documentaries about derby games / fans. They don't just concentrate on the big teams either. Watched a lot of good stuff on that channel.

Johnsparky2

Lots of random hibs action from over the years

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Hey what’s up you guys!

Paul Davids is brilliant as well.
    Theres actually a few, Marty being the main one but being that early (dog walk) theres one or two, as great as they are they send me to sleep when they talk, kinda hypnotism, Marty is a bit more up n at em 😆

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I can’t remember his name, but there’s a Glaswegian guy that interviews ex gangsters. It’s quite eye opening at times.

edit
    ive just googled it and it’s James English.
    Last edited by lord bunberry; 10-08-2019 at 10:40 PM.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I can’t remember his name, but there’s a Glaswegian guy that interviews ex gangsters. It’s quite eye opening at times.

edit
    ive just googled it and it’s James English.
    Mentioned him on the ‘Documentary’ thread. Didn’t fancy his stuff at first but I stumbled across his interview with Paul Ferris and ended up watching a fair few of his other podcasts. Excellent interviewing technique and comes over as both genuine and intelligent (although maybe a wee bit sycophantic with some of his subjects)

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Mentioned him on the ‘Documentary’ thread. Didn’t fancy his stuff at first but I stumbled across his interview with Paul Ferris and ended up watching a fair few of his other podcasts. Excellent interviewing technique and comes over as both genuine and intelligent (although maybe a wee bit sycophantic with some of his subjects)
    His interview with the ice cream wars guy was a real eye opener in terms of how the police acted in those days.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    His interview with the ice cream wars guy was a real eye opener in terms of how the police acted in those days.
    He also interviewed Brad Welsh not long before his murder

I've started watching guys that go diving for "treasure" in the rivers in the southern states. If he can return it to his owners he will. Also started watching people that have bought "mystery boxes" on the dark web. One boy found a tongue. A lot of ***** though as he wasn't wearing any gloves and was touching everything with bare hands

If you like guys building things with traditional methods then look out for "Tips from a shipwright" - building a skiff. Brilliant series where a guy starts of with a cardboard model of a small boat and then goes on to build it. Some stunning woodworking skills.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    If you like guys building things with traditional methods then look out for "Tips from a shipwright" - building a skiff. Brilliant series where a guy starts of with a cardboard model of a small boat and then goes on to build it. Some stunning woodworking skills.

Sounds a lot like the Tally Ho project I mentioned in the first post.

Just finished watching "Itchy Boots" a Dutch girl that has travelled right through India and Central Asia through Europe and home to Holland, on a Royal Enfield motorbike on her own. A stunning journey and scenery to match. Travelled through 25 different countries and places I would never have dreamed of visiting but having seen them on her journey I'm getting itchy boots too.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Binging with Babish is fantastic. He takes foods from TV, films and cartoons and recreates them. The double deluxe Krabby patty from Spongebob is great, a double tempura batter deep fried double cheeseburger.
    I like Binging with Babish as well

Primitive Technology, his videos never cease to amaze me and what humans are actually capable of.

Love the NBA so watch a lot of basketball channels, IFL TV for boxing stuff. BT Sport are excellent at getting highlights up of any of their stuff really quickly.

There was a channel I watched a while back (name escapes me at the mo) which was him and a mate flying around the world in a Cessna, very entertaining seeing so much of the world in that way.