hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    *shudders*
    It's like the Paper/Rock/Scissors game, only with the softest one wins!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    wonder if he will bring Halon back into the fold? maybe play a back 3

Hanlon Rock Fish
    Alf
    Marcondes
    Maolida Yuoan

Newell NMW

Obita Hanlon Rock Fish Cadden

Back three when attacking, Obita and Cadden fall back to defense if any of central defence are caught upfield.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Alf
    Marcondes
    Maolida Yuoan

Newell NMW

Back three when attacking, Obita and Cadden fall back to defense if any of central defence are caught upfield.

We need a keeper mate

It's a meaningless game in every sense of the word as Montgomery is totally doomed.👍

Its totally inconceivable that the Black Knights will entrust £15m to this complete rookie over the next few years.

They will want their own man place with a starter for 10 being charisma and at least a basic knowledge of Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    It's a meaningless game in every sense of the word as Montgomery is totally doomed.👍

Its totally inconceivable that the Black Knights will entrust £15m to this complete rookie over the next few years.

They will want their own man place with a starter for 10 being charisma and at least a basic knowledge of Scottish football.
    Spot on

No one from Foley set up going to be comfortable with an investment being managed by a coach who’s results quite frankly are alarmingly bad for all to see

Writing is on the wall

It’s why I wish hibs would pull the trigger and get it done for both his and our sake

What if he loses the first two split games Easter road will have no fans in it first of all plus not many folks going to be standing with Monty

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    What ultimatum?
    Maybe it’s like the Bourne Ultimatum, it sounds good, but no one has a clue what it is.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Spot on

No one from Foley set up going to be comfortable with an investment being managed by a coach who’s results quite frankly are alarmingly bad for all to see

Writing is on the wall

It’s why I wish hibs would pull the trigger and get it done for both his and our sake

What if he loses the first two split games Easter road will have no fans in it first of all plus not many folks going to be standing with Monty
    If he loses the first two split games there will be a lot of brown stuff running down the legs of Hibee fans.

If we lose the next 2 games then i would think Easter Rd could be pretty full for the 2 home games as we'd then potentially be in a battle to avoid relegation.
    If being the key word though as even a point from the 2 games will be enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    If we lose the next 2 games then i would think Easter Rd could be pretty full for the 2 home games as we'd then potentially be in a battle to avoid relegation.
    If being the key word though as even a point from the 2 games will be enough.
    Stop it please.. this will affect my sleeping

They brought in a manager to Bournemouth who had never managed (or played to my knowledge) in the EPL at the expense of a young but up and coming manager who had played and managed the EPL team. Am not convinced the Scottish football knowledge would be a key element for them but someone who has a clear sense of how they want to play and has a winning mentality.

Am still not sure if Monty will go or not but whoever it is recruitment is ultimately the key to success and finding a strong leader on the park will be the key piece of the jigsaw.

@hibs.net private member
    Alf
    Marcondes
    Maolida Yuoan

Newell NMW

Well Levein tried playing without a striker. I prefer your idea of playing without a goalie

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    It's a meaningless game in every sense of the word as Montgomery is totally doomed.

Surely Monty now has atleast a basic knowledge of Scottish football?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff

$15 million?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    They brought in a manager to Bournemouth who had never managed (or played to my knowledge) in the EPL at the expense of a young but up and coming manager who had played and managed the EPL team. Am not convinced the Scottish football knowledge would be a key element for them but someone who has a clear sense of how they want to play and has a winning mentality.

Am still not sure if Monty will go or not but whoever it is recruitment is ultimately the key to success and finding a strong leader on the park will be the key piece of the jigsaw.
    Yep.

Managers, support staff, tactics, culture etc etc.

All matter I guess.

But ultimately the over riding factor between success or failure is the quality of players we put out.

Get better players than the ones we currently have and we’ll perform……better.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Yep.

Managers, support staff, tactics, culture etc etc.

All matter I guess.

But ultimately the over riding factor between success or failure is the quality of players we put out.

Get better players than the ones we currently have and we’ll perform……better.
    We already have better players than St Mirren, Killie and Dundee. The way they’re set up and manager matters a lot.

Alf
    Marcondes
    Maolida Yuoan

Newell NMW

This season is over, all about next season. Would only be playing Fish, Marcondes and Myziane if there is the real possibility they are staying. Assuming not then,

Johnson (in for last 5)

Obita (with sub appearances for Stevenson)
    Hanlon
    Rocky
    Cadden

Newell
    NMW
    Campbell

Boyle
    Vente
    Youan

With plenty game time off the bench for youngsters on the fringes, Molotnikov, McAllister, Blaney and whoever else worth a run out that's not on loan.

Think we have a year option on ALF's contract aswell so would have off the bench - or in for Boyle to partner Vente. Would be giving ALF another year.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    This season is over, all about next season. Would only be playing Fish, Marcondes and Myziane if there is the real possibility they are staying. Assuming not then,

Johnson (in for last 5)

Hanlon
    Rocky
    Cadden

Newell
    NMW
    Campbell

Boyle
    Vente
    Youan

With plenty game time off the bench for youngsters on the fringes, Molotnikov, McAllister, Blaney and whoever else worth a run out that's not on loan.

Think we have a year option on ALF's contract aswell so would have off the bench - or in for Boyle to partner Vente. Would be giving ALF another year.
    If the manager really wants to attempt to keep his job he'll no be leaving Marcondes and Maolida on the bench and playing Josh Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    If the manager really wants to attempt to keep his job he'll no be leaving Marcondes and Maolida on the bench and playing Josh Campbell.
    There is that aspect yes and doubt he would leave them out, it's just what I would like to see as the season is burst.

Disagree on Marcondes though. Last couple performances before the split somewhere between rubbish and uninterested.
    Maybe too much football after injury or maybe doesn't fancy it any more. Wouldn't be hanging my hat on him even though talent wise is unquestionable

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Theres also around £200k more prize money for finishing 7th compared to 9th........

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Removing the small chance of relegation at the earliest opportunity should be the focus now. Win this game, then start looking ahead to next season.

This....largely safe but if we were to lose our first two against St. J & Ross County I'd be getting the big man nappies on.
    We cannot afford to end up in a play-off...

Johnson (in for last 5)

Hanlon
    Rocky
    Cadden

Newell
    NMW
    Campbell

Boyle
    Vente
    Youan

Molotnikov, mcallister and blaney are all out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Molotnikov, mcallister and blaney are all out on loan.
    Ah okay, substitute those for some other youngsters we still have in the building

First Team Breakthrough
    Just give Stevenson game time in 2 of next 3 games and bring him on in last 5 min of Motherwell game to bring him up to 600 appearances.

It would increase crowd a bit and a good way to send off a club legend.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwoody View Post
    Just give Stevenson game time in 2 of next 3 games and bring him on in last 5 min of Motherwell game to bring him up to 600 appearances.

Sounds like a decent way to end the season.

@hibs.net private member
    There is that aspect yes and doubt he would leave them out, it's just what I would like to see as the season is burst.

Disagree on Marcondes though. Last couple performances before the split somewhere between rubbish and uninterested.
    Maybe too much football after injury or maybe doesn't fancy it any more. Wouldn't be hanging my hat on him even though talent wise is unquestionable
    Agree re Marcondes. I’d give Campbell a chance ahead of him.

More than anything I’d want to see Maolida playing just so we can have the slightest hint of enjoyment from the remaining games.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozwoody View Post

This simply has to happen

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Spot on

Writing is on the wall

👍👍👊

Probably no real surprise but I bought my tickets yesterday and the sales for the Hibs end look terrible. I daresay a fair few will just buy on the day but between both stands it looks like we have sold about 2-300.

I've no idea what to expect from us. You know what you will get with St Johnstone. It will be stuffy, niggly and they'll be well up for it. I doubt it's going to be a classic but I'm hoping for something that gives a bit of cause for optimism.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Probably no real surprise but I bought my tickets yesterday and the sales for the Hibs end look terrible. I daresay a fair few will just buy on the day but between both stands it looks like we have sold about 2-300.

I've no idea what to expect from us. You know what you will get with St Johnstone. It will be stuffy, niggly and they'll be well up for it. I doubt it's going to be a classic but I'm hoping for something that gives a bit of cause for optimism.

It's probably up there with our least appealing fixture of the season. Maybe even last two seasons. Hats off to anyone who make the trip