hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock and the Yorkshire Pudding II is now on his way out sooner rather than later with McDermott close behind as Foley will want his own people in place going forward to spend all his cash.

Kensall will be safe exactly as he planned when he set in motion the last clever reorganisation that fully protected his position and hung the manager and DoF out to dry.
    Classy

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I don’t see the statement as throwing Montgomery under the bus.

There have been a huge amount of posts on here slaughtering him and saying he needs sacked etc. There have also been loads of rumours about him being sacked, not settled and leaving, ALF taking over and more…

The club have just said we’ve had discussions about where this season has went wrong and everyone is in agreement it’s not good enough?

Why just Montgomery mentioned? Well he’s the manager and at the end of the day it all falls on him to get results. Not saying it should be the case but that’s football.
    Agree with that disagree it unfairly targets him

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I don’t think the board will have released a statement like that without the manager being involved in the process of it.

Monty will have been told a statement is being released and will have, in my view, been consulted on how it will look. He will have accepted that he needs to be mentioned because he is ultimately responsible for the team on the pitch and the results.

Despite what people say he’s not stupid and knows that the buck stops with him.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Big fan of all the folk who were raging that the club hadn't made a statement now being raging that the club has made a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Like the results this season

Massive let down

In short, no good enough but we’re not sacking you…..yet

I feel bad for maloney, Jack Ross, Lee Johnson

One rule for one, one for the other three

what nonsense, we cant keep sacking managers and expect to move forward, a proper analysis to identify the root cause is required and this is what hthey are planning to do.

well done hibs good statement not sort it out.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Big fan of all the folk who were raging that the club hadn't made a statement now being raging that the club has made a statement.
    Is it the same people?

A lot of posters said hey didn’t want communication, they just wanted action.

I wanted an update from the board and I think it’s excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Good statement that struck the right tone and addressed a lot of the points raised on here regularly. That in itself is a pleasant change.

Gives NM the chance to get it right over the next few weeks or move on if he can't. Seems reasonable enough.
    If he can't muster a few wins over the bottom six teams then it's pretty damning evidence against him. He's effectively on trial from now until the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock and the Yorkshire Pudding II is now on his way out sooner rather than later with McDermott close behind as Foley will want his own people in place going forward to spend all his cash.

Kensall will be safe exactly as he planned when he set in motion the last clever reorganisation that fully protected his position and hung the manager and DoF out to dry.
    ****ing hell, are schools not back yet ? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Is it the same people?

A lot of posters said hey didn’t want communication, they just wanted action.

I wanted an update from the board and I think it’s excellent.
    No idea Bingo I didn't bother checking.

The statement is all it could be other than announcing a night of the long knives which might yet come.

Just find it incredibly tedious the faux outrage around everything to do with the club right now.

We are all frustrated but if some folk really are as angry as their posts suggest they probably need to find something else to do on a Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    ****ing hell, are schools not back yet ? 🤣
    Aye incredible, a grown man (I'm assuming) posting stuff like that. A bit worrying.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    No idea Bingo I didn't bother checking.

The statement is all it could be other than announcing a night of the long knives which might yet come.

Just find it incredibly tedious the faux outrage around everything to do with the club right now.

We are all frustrated but if some folk really are as angry as their posts suggest they probably need to find something else to do on a Saturday.
    Totally agree.

The way I see it though, if you went in to the pub and the village idiot was there being loud and talking rubbish, would you engage with them and try to change their mind? I wouldn’t, I’d go and either stand on my own or sit with folk I could have a normal conversation about it with. Same rules apply on here for me. There’s a lot of posts with just so much drivel, there really isn’t even any point in engaging with them.

FWIW I absolutely understand to some people, I will be the village idiot in the above analogy and I’m 100% fine with that.

Personally I think Montgomery will be gone at the end of the season. The games left are pretty well meaningless, apart ensuring we don't go into the playoffs, there's very little I would imagine that would impress the board and/or BK enough to keep him on IMO.

I suppose it will be interesting seeing who Montgomery picks in the next few games now his job "depends" on it.

Will he stick with those who have failed him so far? Will he pick those he knows won't be here next season? Which players will be in holiday mode?

What was the reaction when Aberdeen released the statement after they lost to Darvel singling out Goodwin and stating the 'football monitoring group' had made it clear to him things had to improve?

My memory was it was pretty much ridicule across the board from their own fans, their own ex players (most vocally Alex McLeish), fans of other teams and the media. He was sacked a week later.

We have all but made the same statement now. I don't have any real issue with it as such. Singling out the manager isn't great but then the people who wrote it are partially responsible for the problems and they were never likely to single out themselves. It's the lot of a manager that they carry the can when things aren't working whilst players and the executive team have a greater degree of shielding.

We have backed ourselves into a corner now though. Some people have read the statement as a backing of Montgomery and expect him to be here next season, others see it as an ultimatum and think it has all but sealed his fate. Whatever action we take next will be subject to criticism now. Sack him and it will be 'shocking after backing him only a few weeks ago', lose a couple of bottom 6 games and then retain him and it will be 'so what was the point in the review if he just gets away with it?'

As I said before I do feel for the club a wee bit. There was an element of they had to say something at play and no matter how bland the statement they put out it was always going to be pored over and double meanings or hints found. Maybe it was a time when less would have been more. Omit anything that singles out any one individual. 'The board are aware of supporter feeling and we know this season hasn't been good enough. We are working with the Black Knights Group and will be carrying out a full review of all club operations in the coming weeks. Thank you for your support'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I suppose it will be interesting seeing who Montgomery picks in the next few games now his job "depends" on it.

Will he stick with those who have failed him so far? Will he pick those he knows won't be here next season? Which players will be in holiday mode?
    He can't trust the forwards to take chances and he can't trust the defence and keeper to stop other teams.

No matter how much we dominate a game we are almost always vulnerable.

If this is a 5 game trial, and that's not certain, then he is probably in big trouble.

I get the impression the Black Knight review will have been taking place since before the investment was finalised. My impression of this is that Foley will take over football matters , similar to Ratcliffe at Man United.
    Works best for the Gordons who, whilst having Hibs best interests at heart, lacked experience in runing a sizeable sports club. Ben Kensall seems to have good operational manaagement / commercial experience and will probably focus on that but doesnt have the experience in the football side of things.
    So its an arrangement which works best as the people in place did their best and whilst they were good at the off field activities werent operating at the same level on the pitch. Foley will bring that to the table.
    Foley , like any other large company want their people in place , and in my opinion the football side is what they are interest in will want their appointments influencing the football aspect. So would expect a new Director of Football (so it can be aligned with the Bournemouth led pyramid), a new manager (someone who has evidence of a top 3 club experience) and a playing squad who can cement 3rd place and get into the Euro group stages. The DOF and manager announcements will happen shortly , can see McDermott taking a more focussed role in scouting , loans , etc as that will play a more prominent role at Hibs. The playing squad will happen over the next couple of seasons as its harder to move players on , but Black Knights appear to want regular progress not overnight success , so expect to be a couple of place higher next season , possibly 4th the season after , 3rd the season after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    What was the reaction when Aberdeen released the statement after they lost to Darvel singling out Goodwin and stating the 'football monitoring group' had made it clear to him things had to improve?

My memory was it was pretty much ridicule across the board from their own fans, their own ex players (most vocally Alex McLeish), fans of other teams and the media. He was sacked a week later.

We have all but made the same statement now. I don't have any real issue with it as such. Singling out the manager isn't great but then the people who wrote it are partially responsible for the problems and they were never likely to single out themselves. It's the lot of a manager that they carry the can when things aren't working whilst players and the executive team have a greater degree of shielding.

We have backed ourselves into a corner now though. Some people have read the statement as a backing of Montgomery and expect him to be here next season, others see it as an ultimatum and think it has all but sealed his fate. Whatever action we take next will be subject to criticism now. Sack him and it will be 'shocking after backing him only a few weeks ago', lose a couple of bottom 6 games and then retain him and it will be 'so what was the point in the review if he just gets away with it?'

As I said before I do feel for the club a wee bit. There was an element of they had to say something at play and no matter how bland the statement they put out it was always going to be pored over and double meanings or hints found. Maybe it was a time when less would have been more. Omit anything that singles out any one individual. 'The board are aware of supporter feeling and we know this season hasn't been good enough. We are working with the Black Knights Group and will be carrying out a full review of all club operations in the coming weeks. Thank you for your support'.
    I suppose the only difference between us and Aberdeen is we now have access to people and assets beyond anything probably ever seen in Scottish football before.

How we use them and whether it results in success very much remains to be seen.

Do you ever take a break from having pops at fellow Hibs fans? Seems to be your raison d'etre. Incessant.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree with that. Also heard people there on Sunday said they were impressed by Monty’s tone.
    What does that mean? Can you give examples of his tone? Or what he was saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Do you ever take a break from having pops at fellow Hibs fans? Seems to be your raison d'etre. Incessant.
    Only the ones who deserve it.

Testimonial Due
    We are going through a period in the clubs history again, of the 2010 sort of era again. Drifting along, the feel good factor to the 2016 cup win onto Lennon days and players like Mcginn is long gone. Abit like the days after the league cup win.

That it feels like the right time for Derek Mcinnes. If you asked me that 4 years ago I’d have said no chance.

But it’s his time now, perfect chance for him to enhance his CV more after kilmarnock by building Hibs back up again. Results driven, and consistent finishes in league that it almost feels like a given we will be 3rd 4th or 5th under him is what the club needs. He would need time as you’re building a defence from scratch.

He’s the sort of guy I think for 2/3 seasons he could bring in some good defenders and leave us in a much healthier shape for the next again manager. Probably unpopular among fans with him. But to me that statement reads Monty is done for and the next appointment just needs to be someone proven in this league.

Coaching Staff

He will be gone at the end of the season, even if we somehow manage to win all our last games. I don't think he will be in any future planning, the club needs to go forward, his football has been sending us backwards.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Any investigation has to come to the conclusion that the TEAM needs sorted as the number one priority, new indoor pitches are great, new bars in the FF are great, but first and foremost the team is what drives this club forward with the fans, and the reason we go to the new bars and drink the beer and eat the food.

Of course getting the infrastructure right is important, it was important when i first heard this mooted 25 years ago, but the ****in team should ALWAYS be the number 1 priority over everything else, as a winning team fills the ground and fills the hospitality.

If the Foleys are that minted and that invested in us having success, then please sort this team out while every other investment goes on, we just want a decent team, is that too much to ask for?

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    The way some folk act in here after the statement. Imagine what they’ll be like if we are successful and then have a bad run like The Rangers are on just now.

I can see how Celtic and The Rangers fans get so entitled about football.

Have we had a bad season? Yes. Are we planning to review that and take action? Yes.

Good, it’s not all milk and honey. We will have average and poor seasons in the future. We just hope that those types of seasons are not the norm.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    The way some folk act in here after the statement. Imagine what they’ll be like if we are successful and then have a bad run like The Rangers are on just now.

Have we had a bad season? Yes. Are we planning to review that and take action? Yes.

Good, it’s not all milk and honey. We will have average and poor seasons in the future. We just hope that those types of seasons are not the norm.
    I see you're point but am only responding to say we might have inadvertently discovered our new motto right here.

"Hibs, it's not all milk and honey"

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post

Could it not be argued that people are acting the way they are because average and poor seasons are the norm?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm pleased they mentioned that they are doing this review in conjunction with the Black Knights Group.

It points to a more rational approach to deciding Monty's future, which will dismiss all the 'he needs a window', 'can't keep sacking managers', 'he's a nice guy' pish. His record with us is not capable of withstanding any scrutiny and he will rightly be binned, albeit several months too late.

We have proven for years that we have sod all expertise in evaluating and recruiting managers so hopefully we can pool their knowledge, use their contacts and attract and appoint a decent replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I'm pleased they mentioned that they are doing this review in conjunction with the Black Knights Group.

It points to a more rational approach to deciding Monty's future, which will dismiss all the 'he needs a window', 'can't keep sacking managers', 'he's a nice guy' pish. His record with us is not capable of withstanding any scrutiny and he will rightly be binned, albeit several months too late.

We have proven for years that we have sod all expertise in evaluating and recruiting managers so hopefully we can pool their knowledge, use their contacts and attract and appoint a decent replacement.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    We are going through a period in the clubs history again, of the 2010 sort of era again. Drifting along, the feel good factor to the 2016 cup win onto Lennon days and players like Mcginn is long gone. Abit like the days after the league cup win.

That it feels like the right time for Derek Mcinnes. If you asked me that 4 years ago I’d have said no chance.

But it’s his time now, perfect chance for him to enhance his CV more after kilmarnock by building Hibs back up again. Results driven, and consistent finishes in league that it almost feels like a given we will be 3rd 4th or 5th under him is what the club needs. He would need time as you’re building a defence from scratch.

He’s the sort of guy I think for 2/3 seasons he could bring in some good defenders and leave us in a much healthier shape for the next again manager. Probably unpopular among fans with him. But to me that statement reads Monty is done for and the next appointment just needs to be someone proven in this league.

I tend to agree and I never thought I would want McInnes. We should be using some of the investment money to double his salary, along with working and possibly living in Edinburgh, I would like to think we would have a good chance of getting him.

Having said that, he may see us as the basket case we are want to stay well clear - I can't say I would blame him.