hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Livi away, last game of the season attendance

Traditionally been a decent attendance for us as it’s somewhat of a local game. The fans on the hill during covid reinforcing the idea.
    Anyone got any guesses as to what attendance we’ll get attendance wise?
    Hopefully the weather and lack of Saturday home games helps ensure it’s not a lacklustre one (although I don’t begrudge anyone avoiding it).

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

100% the last time we will ever see Livingston in the top flight, possibly the last ever time we will play Livingston as there's got to be a chance they won't survive the drop, been rumours for a while they are teetering on the brink.

Imagine we made a bit of a statement to the team, while also helping Livi out, and took a huge crowd.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% the last time we will ever see Livingston in the top flight, possibly the last ever time we will play Livingston as there's got to be a chance they won't survive the drop, been rumours for a while they are teetering on the brink.

Imagine we made a bit of a statement to the team, while also helping Livi out, and took a huge crowd.
    I’ve got nae desire to help Livi out. When they’re gone I’ll no miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Yup. Good riddance to them and their tinpot pitch. Been in administration about 3 times, no loss to the league.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Yup. Good riddance to them and their tinpot pitch. Been in administration about 3 times, no loss to the league.
    Yep, an absolute non entity of a club between plastic pitches, giving up three stands to away sides and having about 13 supporters. A shocking indictment of top flight Scottish football and will be missed by nobody
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Hammer throwers. Always been hammer throwers. I have no wish to see them, or their awful stadium, in the top flight ever again.
    Don’t want them to go bust because young children love to engage with a local side. Junior football and community pitch would seem to be their level.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Like Hamilton before them, they were like an unflushable turd.

Livingston being replaced by Dundee United is an obvious upgrade for the league.

A League One club who have been elevated beyond their level for years.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Yep, an absolute non entity of a club between plastic pitches, giving up three stands to away sides and having about 13 supporters. A shocking indictment of top flight Scottish football and will be missed by nobody
    A bit harsh i think, pitch aside they are less than 30 years old in a relatively new town, when established places like Perth, Stirling or Kilmarnock, let alone the 3 next biggest cities in the country cant stop folk going to see the uglies instead. That said I wont miss them either.

@hibs.net private member
    If it had still been Meadowbank I would definitely help out but not livi and there crap pitch.

@hibs.net private member
    I'll be glad to see them gone from the top flight but I hope they find their level and keep trying to get locals to support a local team. Fortunately I have an excuse so won't be attending and delighted the last game is away as saves missing a home game. I suspect most fans will have had quite enough of teh season by them so will not travel

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I'll be glad to see them gone from the top flight but I hope they find their level and keep trying to get locals to support a local team. Fortunately I have an excuse so won't be attending and delighted the last game is away as saves missing a home game. I suspect most fans will have had quite enough of teh season by them so will not travel
    That's how I feel as well. Unlike some on here I've not got anything against Livvie apart from that bloody plastic pitch, I won't be going to the game though.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I mean, what's the supercharged version of 'meh'?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    always enjoy a quick journey to Livingston crap pitch and off-field problems but any club in West Lothian that can encourage youngsters away from the gruesome twosome is fine by me, haste ye back Livingstonians

doubt very much attendance will be higher than the 3,463 from Dec

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Might actually go along to this. First and hopefully last a chance to go to the Spaghettihad.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Would perversely be quite good to take a good crowd to this. We might be well and truly p!ssed off, but there's still a team to support - we're not exactly going to take many to Perth or Dingwall or have many more than 6k at home, so should pick this one visit to the Home of the Set Fare Stadium as a gala day.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    Would perversely be quite good to take a good crowd to this. We might be well and truly p!ssed off, but there's still a team to support - we're not exactly going to take many to Perth or Dingwall or have many more than 6k at home, so should pick this one visit to the Home of the Set Fare Stadium as a gala day.
    6k at home?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    I'll be going. Nice 30mins stroll from my house :)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Also will hopefully see some of the latest batch of youngsters make their debuts, as is generally the case on the final day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    6k at home?
    I'm going to claim a finger slip and say I should've pitched it at 7k.

11k season tickets, couple of thousand routinely aren't attending the important games, and I've sure as hell been in bottom six crowds resembling that in the past.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I'm going to claim a finger slip and say I should've pitched it at 7k.

11k season tickets, couple of thousand routinely aren't attending the important games, and I've sure as hell been in bottom six crowds resembling that in the past.

I'll bet you as much as you like that we get more than 6k (or 7k as you now seem to be back tracking on).

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I'll bet you as much as you like that we get more than 6k (or 7k as you now seem to be back tracking on).
    Well, no, because I might well be wrong.

People might well feel differently on the day and attend against their better judgement, but we've had a year of actual turnstile clicks being well down on tickets sold - you'd think ST stayaways would be increased given the anger and indifference going around, plus not many are forking out near £30 for a walk-up.

Well, no, because I might well be wrong.

People might well feel differently on the day and attend against their better judgement, but we've had a year of actual turnstile clicks being well down on tickets sold - you'd think ST stayaways would be increased given the anger and indifference going around, plus not many are forking out near £30 for a walk-up.

The ‘attendances’ for both games will probably be given as 13 or 14k, in reality I reckon there will comfortably be below 10k in the ground. Especially since neither game is even on a Saturday.

Yep, good riddance. I wouldn't take a free ticket to that dump, never mind give them £26

Quote Originally Posted by zitelli62 View Post
    If it had still been Meadowbank I would definitely help out but not livi and there crap pitch.
    Meadowbank was an awful place to watch football. They averaged crowds of about 200 IIRC, rattling around in a giant stand separated from the pitch by the running track.

Terry Christie worked wonders there though and almost took them into the top flight. Seem to recall them in the League Cup semis against Rangers when I think they beat Hibs en route (at ER too).

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Like Hamilton before them, they were like an unflushable turd.
    That’s a bit harsh IMO. A club based in the West who not only punched above their weight for a good number of years. Who did so through playing youngsters. (McCarthur, Mcarthy, Docherty, Ferguson, Devlin, Brophy etc) rather than a team of hatchet men. I like the way they are run and think we could learn from them.

Livi - crap park, nae money, nae fans (*well, if you ignore the fact they have 5 or 6 times as many as Meadowbank had) - and yet they still gubbed us and won a Cup then competed in Europe.

Get rid!!!

Now, if we can just do the same to Ross County and St Johnstone - the other diddy teams we've lost at Hampden to we might even win a Cup or possibly finish 6th next season 🙄

Is there a prize for the nearest guess?