hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Murray

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That really depends on what the metric of success for a CEO is.

She was very personable and definitely a people person.

However there were aspects of her job where its clear that she didnt deliver.
    She delivered a hibs team that won on the park.

That's a success.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I wouldn't say no to signing him again.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I can see him signing for Hearts. He’s the type of signing they have already made for next season.

I really liked him at Hibs, massive goals for us against Hearts and at Ibrox.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

This will be another signing our support as a whole say we are too good to make, then he will sign for Hearts or Aberdeen and we will all complain we didn't sign after he scores 20 goals next season.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    This will be another signing our support as a whole say we are too good to make, then he will sign for Hearts or Aberdeen and we will all complain we didn't sign after he scores 20 goals next season.

yeah ok.

Simon Murray just isn’t a very good footballer. Great attitude, though.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    yeah ok.

Simon Murray just isn’t a very good footballer. Great attitude, though.
    Been crying out for a bit of attitude though.

Simon Murray is having a good season. But lets not pretend he's spent the last 5 years doing it at the Premiership level still. He dropped to the lower divisions to earn decent money above where he was at with Queens Park and while he was decent he wasn't outstanding until they reached the Championship and County took a punt on him again.

I like the guy but I'm not sure its one I'd be looking at for a second go.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    That's some leap

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Ideal replacement for Shankland at Tiny

Get him signed pretty sure he is a Hibby thanks to his old man

Will give us pace energy and a goal threat in the final third

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Been crying out for a bit of attitude though.
    No, we've been crying out for good footballers.

You get more in Scottish Football sometimes spending £5K on a Simon Murray rather than £700K on a Dylan Vente.
    Hopefully recruitment team start finding us players that suit the game here.
    Best football player between Simon Murray, Christian Doidge or Dylan Vente? Vente, obviously - no contest.
    Most impactful in Scottish football? Not sure that is the same answer.

Depends on the team, the set up and a host of other factors but the footballing ability of prospective new signings need to be matched to character, mentality and and a certain level of robustness.

(not sure if robustness is a word)

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Started off way better than anyone imagined but within 4 months his form dropped spectacularly and he never got the chance to show us what he could do in the next season. He's obviously a better footballer now but no matter how good he is the current regime will have no interest in players like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    That's some leap
    Not really - the guy has scored 11 league goals (4 assists) this season for Ross County with 5 games to go. That's the same amount as Kyogo, and he has played 1 game less! He also got 6 in the league cup, 17 goals in all comps.

It's not mental to say he could score 20 for Hearts or Aberdeen if they were competing for 3rd place and he plays regularly.
    Last edited by Mcbizz1998; 16-04-2024 at 12:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Not a chance, we want to move forward not backwards, been there done that…………………next

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Eh? A lot of posters are saying they'd have him back. Nobody is saying what you think they are saying!

Jings. 3 pages on signing Simon Murray. How desperate are we?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Murray was a good player for us previously, and would certainly be a useful addition to our squad again, if that were an option.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Paul Heffernan scored a decent amount of goals in his early 30s before we signed him too.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Eh? A lot of posters are saying they'd have him back. Nobody is saying what you think they are saying!
    Just read the thread before posting next time mate. Plenty people against the suggestion of signing him. So that’s isn’t ‘nobody’ is it?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Ideal replacement for Shankland at Tiny
    I’d be quite comfortable with that.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    You get more in Scottish Football sometimes spending £5K on a Simon Murray rather than £700K on a Dylan Vente.
    Hopefully recruitment team start finding us players that suit the game here.
    Best football player between Simon Murray, Christian Doidge or Dylan Vente? Vente, obviously - no contest.
    Most impactful in Scottish football? Not sure that is the same answer.

Depends on the team, the set up and a host of other factors but the footballing ability of prospective new signings need to be matched to character, mentality and and a certain level of robustness.

(not sure if robustness is a word)

I take your point, and reckon (without looking it up) that robustness is just fine.

Really it’s about building a good team though, with players that understand and complement each other.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Not really - the guy has scored 11 league goals (4 assists) this season for Ross County with 5 games to go. That's the same amount as Kyogo, and he has played 1 game less! He also got 6 in the league cup, 17 goals in all comps.

It's not mental to say he could score 20 for Hearts or Aberdeen if they were competing for 3rd place and he plays regularly.
    League form is worse than ALFs if you like yer stats
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Murray isn't a Montgomery type of player. Runs about too much and looks like he wants to make things happen.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    As we have a thread about an ex Hibs striker. Jason Cummings scored a late goal in a match that secured Mohun Bagan the league title which means Jas has now won 4 league titles in 4 different countries. I'd still have him back in the team, at least when we play hearts!!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    As we have a thread about an ex Hibs striker. Jason Cummings scored a late goal in a match that secured Mohun Bagan the league title which means Jas has now won 4 league titles in 4 different countries. I'd still have him back in the team, at least when we play hearts!!
    Come home Cumdog and save Monty

@hibs.net private member

That makes 16 League titles - wow!

@hibs.net private member
    I'd take him back too just to have a player that had a bit of spark. Boyler used to have it too but that is long gone. I always thought JC was underrated by supporters. He was more than just a goal scorer and could pass and involve other well too.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    That makes 16 League titles - wow!
    obtuse-angle-big_ver_1.jpg You kent what I meant

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Murray is hard as nails man,so strong. Neil Lennon really gambled on maclaren and kamberi when emptying stokes and Murray and it payed off. Can say with hand on heart was really gutted about Murray leaving. I’d have him back undoubtedly if it’s on.

@hibs.net private member
    Some revisionism going on here. Most people were of the opinion it was a great bit of business to get a transfer fee for him when he left. He's certainly in the form of his life but Dylan Vente will prove himself to be a much better player with a similar work ethic in my opinion.