hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biffo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I feel that he's in a great position to revamp this squad and make it his own.

He played half a season with another managers squad and should be given more time to get together his own players.

There's no doubt going to be a big turnover in players in/out and given the recruitment that was done in Jan, I'm excited to see what happens over the summer.

I do think someone from the club should be coming out and saying he's here long term or he's not.

If they are going to replace him, they need to act now.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Similar view.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just looked at the break downs of the wins, draws and losses since he came in

Aberdeen - LWD - 4 points
    Celtic- DLL - 1 point
    Dundee - DWW - 6 points
    Forfar - W - cup
    Inverness - W - cup
    Kilmarnock - DWD - 5 points
    Livingston - WW - 6 points
    Hearts - DLD - 2 points
    Motherwell DD - 2 points
    Rangers LLLL - 0 points
    Ross County. DWD - 5 points
    St Johnstone - WLL- 3 points
    St Mirren - WDL - 4 points

Interesting he not bad returns against Dundee and Kilmarnock.

No results against rangers and then losing 2 against Ross County are damming though.

8 points out of a possible 18 against the bottom 2 clubs.

If we treat all them as points available including cups, it means he’s got 42/102 available.
    Last edited by Unseen work; 14-04-2024 at 02:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I do.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I feel that he's in a great position to revamp this squad and make it his own.

He played half a season with another managers squad and should be given more time to get together his own players.

There's no doubt going to be a big turnover in players in/out and given the recruitment that was done in Jan, I'm excited to see what happens over the summer.

I do think someone from the club should be coming out and saying he's here long term or he's not.

If they are going to replace him, they need to act now.

Genuinely think this sort of reasoning is the biggest crock of ***** ever. A manager’s job is to get the best out of tools available to them and capable managers do just that.

The idea that managers can’t be judged until they get a new squad of players is utterly bat**** mental. It’s even more stupid when he’s demonstrated absolutely nothing to suggest he knows what he’s doing.

He was given a squad of players that qualified for Europe and was so bad at managing it that he dragged us into the bottom 6. Anybody giving this clown a money to buy anyone, deserves sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Genuinely think this sort of reasoning is the biggest crock of ***** ever. A manager’s job is to get the best out of tools available to them and capable managers do just that.

The idea that managers can’t be judged until they get a new squad of players is utterly bat**** mental. It’s even more stupid when he’s demonstrated absolutely nothing to suggest he knows what he’s doing.

He was given a squad of players that qualified for Europe and was so bad at managing it that he dragged us into the bottom 6. Anybody giving this clown a money to buy anyone, deserves sacked.
    That's funny because what you've just said is total nonsense to me.

What's the point in anyone signing any players then, they should all just make do with what they have according to this logic.

Tell me a manager that's joined a club and had success without signing a single player?

That's funny because what you've just said is total nonsense to me.

What's the point in anyone signing any players then, they should all just make do with what they have according to this logic.

Tell me a manager that's joined a club and had success without signing a single player?

I don’t know about success, but theirs plenty managers that have joined clubs and had an instant impact with improved results/performances.

Monty’s never really had that effect with us and I think that is a lot of people’s issue

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I don’t know about success, but theirs plenty managers that have joined clubs and had an instant impact with improved results/performances.

Monty’s never really had that effect with us and I think that is a lot of people’s issue
    So it's a manager with impact we want?

Who's got the number for Sam Allardyce?

So it's a manager with impact we want?

Who's got the number for Sam Allardyce?

You’re right, we should go for a manager that has no impact.

My apologies.

He said when he arrived he’d done a lot of research and thought we had a really good squad. He said he was going to make them into a team we could identify with playing with high energy and scoring goals. So far he’s failed with that.

I wonder at the motivation of volunteering your opinion on a thread like this at the moment, when there are so many angry types ready to call you stupid and bat**** crazy and throw all sort of other stuff around when you have a different opinion? Its a Feeding frenzy.

You’re right, we should go for a manager that has no impact.

My apologies.
    There are plenty of successful managers out there who didn't have an instant "impact".

I'd take sustained success over impact any day. It remains to be seen if NM is the man to deliver that, but I think he should be given more time to show if he can do so.

Not me anymore. Repetitive failures.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    He said when he arrived he’d done a lot of research and thought we had a really good squad. He said he was going to make them into a team we could identify with playing with high energy and scoring goals. So far he’s failed with that.
    He’s failed but the players have let him down too.

We’ve seen the identity in fleeting moments and games but unfortunately the players can’t do it consistently.

As far as I know the mood around Montgomery (with the players) is very good and they like his training and Raimundo. Psychologically though they’ve just not got it.

We can blame the manager but we equally need to blame a group of players which has seen off several managers.

Rotten to the core at the minute.

Is he still in the job? Nonsense if he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    An argument for keeping him? He’s not had enough time, he’s had to use another managers players etc etc

Why should he go? Well he should never have been given the job in the first place. A massive gamble bringing someone half way around the world who doesn’t know this league.
    It stinks of “the next Postacoglu” and the people charged with bringing him having delusions of grandeur.

This club is bang in trouble because of those same people who have sold our club down the river.

We now can’t have any kind of stability in our squad going forward because we’re expected to play loan players.

I look over the road to see our neighbours doing things properly. Buying up good quality players from opposition clubs both strengthening with players who’ll hit the ground running because they know this league and whilst doing so weakening the opposition by taking their best players.

This is the format I’d like to see us try, rather than paying huge sums of money for players that don’t know this league.
    Our neighbours used to look at us doing it properly when they had the Levain, Chief Scout, favoured agent model and we had Mathie, get better slowly, in charge of recruitment. They installed Savage and Lancefield and we replaced Mathie for Ian Gordon with a strategy resembling...

We need Mr Foley and his team to sort out the recruitment department and selection process as a matter of urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    Exactly, see if we could see this high energy, fast tempo football that we all thought he would bring then maybe we could all say he deserved a chance?

But its lacklustre, ponderous, lethargic, backwards football. Why on earth we are still taking short goal kicks when we have no players that are comfortable on the ball then questions have to be asked and answered.

When I seen line up yesterday I wasn’t sure it was way to go. 4atacking mids two denfensive ball winning mids. Nearly worked though. And for better finishing we’d have nicked it comfortably.

Hibs manager job has become let’s try something else,I’m not sure I’ve totally reached that point with Montgomery. I think he’s learning fast and I also feel we should give this another season despite feeling abject about bottom six status.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    When I seen line up yesterday I wasn’t sure it was way to go. 4atacking mids two denfensive ball winning mids. Nearly worked though. And for better finishing we’d have nicked it comfortably.

Hibs manager job has become let’s try something else,I’m not sure I’ve totally reached that point with Montgomery. I think he’s learning fast and I also feel we should give this another season despite feeling abject about bottom six status.
    I think there's a good argument to say he was hired too early in his career, but I also think he's someone who will go on to have a better managerial career than some of the managers we have punted in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Not me anymore. Repetitive failures.
    Presume you mean multiple threads on the same issue just feed the toxicity? If so, you're right!

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    He’s failed but the players have let him down too.

We’ve seen the identity in fleeting moments and games but unfortunately the players can’t do it consistently.

As far as I know the mood around Montgomery (with the players) is very good and they like his training and Raimundo. Psychologically though they’ve just not got it.

We can blame the manager but we equally need to blame a group of players which has seen off several managers.

Rotten to the core at the minute.
    I’ve heard the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Is he still in the job? Nonsense if he is.
    There's multiple other threads for you to repeat the same ****. I think this thread was trying to give folk an opportunity to be heard in a more measured way...

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

I don’t think we’re particularly different to last season. We were 30 seconds away yesterday from being in the top 6 and being 2 points off 5th. The only real difference seems to be paper thin. We fell into the top 6 last season watching results up until the full time whistle. We were doing that again yesterday with the difference being we conceded and fell just short of the top 6.

Last season and this season are identical IMO. Neither Johnson, Montgomery or the squad are the answer.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Yes I seen your post on PM board however I have no reason to not believe the people I’ve spoken too.

He’s certainly ruffled a few feathers, the right ones in my opinion but on the whole he’s largely liked.

There’s going to be massive changes whether he stays or not and it’s about time. I’d like to see him get the chance to see them through as I believe he can be very successful but equally bottom six is a poor return.

I feel for him as some of the squad are just not able to do what he wants consistently and he’s told some that.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Yes I seen your post on PM board however I have no reason to not believe the people I’ve spoken too.

He’s certainly ruffled a few feathers, the right ones in my opinion but on the whole he’s largely liked.

There’s going to be massive changes whether he stays or not and it’s about time. I’d like to see him get the chance to see them through as I believe he can be very successful but equally bottom six is a poor return.

I feel for him as some of the squad are just not able to do what he wants consistently and he’s told some that.
    And what exactly is it he wants them to do consistently? Cause I can't really see a style of play. If a team sits in against us we're ****ed most of the time.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I think that in general that although we have some good individual players, they don’t fit in to any coherent concept of a squad. Marcondes spends half his time playing flicks to nobody at all, Maolida is very good, NMW could be very good for us but the players around him don’t compliment him. The defence is shocking.

It’s all still got the whiff of when we got giddy about the idea of development teams and stats being a massive part of our recruitment that led to the likes of Mueller, Deferierre, Hauge, Balde, Emmanuel Johnson, Melkersen, and the like being signed.

There are far bigger issues at our club than just the manager and I still do rate him, he’s just not that experienced and has an absolute mountain to climb to form any sort of squad out of what we have.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    And what exactly is it he wants them to do consistently? Cause I can't really see a style of play. If a team sits in against us we're ****ed most of the time.
    He wants them to control the game (like we did at Tynie), he wants players who can play the ball quicker, make simple 5/10 yard passes and attack whilst playing with heart and passion.

How often did we misplace passes yesterday, how often did we shirk challenges yesterday and how about not closing down their only shot on target.

That’s not his fault. He’s got plenty wrong but he’s learning quickly unfortunately he may not get the opportunity to take us forward but thankfully a lot of the players will be out on their backsides too.

The transformation will be startling.

I’m really in two minds.

One minute I want him to stay - He’s got an idea how he wants to play and when it comes off it’s good. However I’ve been thinking is the reason it’s coming off now just because he’s got better players such as Myziane?

A huge concern for me is that me keep him on and don’t keep Myziane (no chance he’ll stay) and we’re back to Tavares or similar on the left.

There’s always the “what if” we sign a good centre back or two. We do seem to limit other teams to little opportunities now but for whatever reason they’re all going in.

Do we use the ‘stats’ and replace Marshall and the two centre halves and hope the tide turns. Another thing we need is a centre forward that can score, Vente has about 5 league goals.

Then I think I wonder what hearts, Aberdeen etc are thinking. They’ll all be desperate for Monty to stay.
    He's had more than half a season he's had essentially the whole season. He's brought in around 5-6 players which are starters. In the case of Myziane, Marcondes, Amos and NMW these are all significant higher standard than what we had before. With these players he's had a worse record then under LJ who whilst playing mostly honking football got us 5th and a decent European run.

What does that say about Montgomery? Sack him now and he can get a top job back in Australia. At this stage that would probably suit everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Players not like them/moaning about training?

I really dislike that about players. A new manager comes in and it’s always “the intensity is higher, really good sessions, loads of information, clear way of playing” etc

Couple of losses and all of a sudden they dislike them

@hibs.net private member

I really dislike that about players. A new manager comes in and it’s always “the intensity is higher, really good sessions, loads of information, clear way of playing” etc

Some don’t like the truth.

He wants them to control the game (like we did at Tynie), he wants players who can play the ball quicker, make simple 5/10 yard passes and attack whilst playing with heart and passion.

How often did we misplace passes yesterday, how often did we shirk challenges yesterday and how about not closing down their only shot on target.

That’s not his fault. He’s got plenty wrong but he’s learning quickly unfortunately he may not get the opportunity to take us forward but thankfully a lot of the players will be out on their backsides too.

The transformation will be startling.
    I’ve not seen anything to suggest he’s learning quickly. The formation has tweaked slightly but other than that it’s just the same as it was six or seven months ago. We lose the same type of goals as we did then, we throw away points late in games, as we did then. Our centre halves and goalie have about 50% of the ball.

I’ve stuck up for him a fair bit as I think he’s been unfortunate at times and there is a hardly a player there that I care about keeping. But he’s not delivered enough and it’ll have cost us a fortune as well as just being absolutely ***** from a footballing perspective.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 14-04-2024 at 04:35 PM.

Players love an excuse.

Every time a manager gets the sack you get a wee initial reaction. Then you hear all the usual chat you mention. Then they revert to type and get the next on the sack.

I’d clear out as much as possible. It’s two in one season they’ve let down, even if neither of the two they’ve let down we’re perfect.