hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage-Patch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Newell? What a joke. Says it all for the season we have had. Not been many pass marks but Obita deserves it more for me.
    I just knew when I seen the post that you would be following up as a matter of urgency

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Hibernian Supporters Club awards results

POTY: Joe Newell
    YPOTY: Will Fish
    Moment Of The Year: Elie Youan 2 goals in 83 seconds against Hearts
    What a crap season when that's the highlights

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Do all players go to these events?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I just knew when I seen the post that you would be following up as a matter of urgency

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    😂 Last one. The Joe Newell pile on has come to end from me. For tonight anyway!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post

POTY: Joe Newell
    YPOTY: Will Fish
    Moment Of The Year: Elie Youan 2 goals in 83 seconds against Hearts

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Newell? What a joke. Says it all for the season we have had. Not been many pass marks but Obita deserves it more for me.
    Maolida is my player of the season, says it all since he's only been here since January

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Maolida is my player of the season, says it all since he's only been here since January
    Yeah solid shout. I only picked Obita because he's been here all season but Myziane pretty much single handedly has kept us away from the play off places so far. Take away his goals we are in a lot more trouble

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

As it says on the tin…

seriously ? to call it a joke is more a reflection on you if you cannot accept the outcome of a supporters vote.

"We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    They must vote really early in the season. Like September/October? David Marshall won it last season so it must’ve been based on a similar time frame.

Fair play to all who turned up tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    As it says on the tin…

seriously ? to call it a joke is more a reflection on you if you cannot accept the outcome of a supporters vote.

Each to thier own but I suspect if it was put out to the fanbase as a whole would have a different result..

@hibs.net private member
    Was a very upbeat evening. The fans were very receptive of the players and management.

Elie, sadly, said thanks for not booing him tonight. Indicative of the flak he gets.

Montgomery spoke well, candidly but fair play to him for turning up.

Chic Charnley and Eric Davidson provided some laughs and Peter Martin was actually pretty good and kept the evening going.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Was a very upbeat evening. The fans were very receptive of the players and management.

Elie, sadly, said thanks for not booing him tonight. Indicative of the flak he gets.

Chic Charnley and Eric Davidson provided some laughs and Peter Martin was actually pretty good and kept the evening going.
    That’s horrible to hear Elie said that. Our most effective forward player this season along with Maolida and recognises he gets booed often.

Poor.

Hope Elie realises alot of fans rate him too and think he’s a talent and want him to stay at the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    That’s horrible to hear Elie said that. Our most effective forward player this season along with Maolida and recognises he gets booed often.

Poor.

Hope Elie realises alot of fans rate him too and think he’s a talent and want him to stay at the club.
    It was gut wrenching to hear. The abuse he gets is way out of order and it will affect him mentally.

Coaching Staff
    It was gut wrenching to hear. The abuse he gets is way out of order and it will affect him mentally.
    Sometimes,, many times, supporters forget that players are human beings first and foremost, it really saddens me to hear of a young player, from a foreign country, playing away from home saying that, we as fans should be taking better care of him, remember Rocky also suffered similarly.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Sometimes,, many times, supporters forget that players are human beings first and foremost, it really saddens me to hear of a young player, from a foreign country, playing away from home saying that, we as fans should be taking better care of him, remember Rocky also suffered similarly.
    and those supporters need to reassess what it actually means to support our club. Their behaviour does affect players - if they don’t believe it simply watch Joe Tortolanos Q&A at St Pats supporters evening.

apparent Elon Musk (be careful of your role models kids!) has one rule for teams - don’t be a Deek. And yet he’s one. But if we did away with the muppetry in the support maybe the players could play with more freedom.

A fair few of our decent players over the years have been “confidence players”. Why not just support.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Incidentally, I noticed that Maolida posted a couple of images of him celebrating Saturday’s goal on his Instagram account tonight. Within minutes of posting, it was flooded with negative comments. The post has now been deleted, I assume due to those comments.
    Last edited by mcohibs; 15-04-2024 at 12:20 AM.

Does he really get abused or does he with the team as a whole get boo'd/flak for continually under performing? Footballers are well remunerated and privileged and if they cant handle some negativity from the stands when things are not going well, perhaps they need to develop some added resilience.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Incidentally, I noticed that Maolida posted a couple of images of him celebrating Saturday’s goal on his Instagram account tonight. Within minutes of posting, it was flooded with negative comments. The post has now been deleted, I assume due to those comments.
    I've just noticed he's deleted his whole Hibs content on his page. I think that speaks volumes

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Disappointing to read the feedback on Youan’s and Maolida’s interaction with Hibs fans - totally embarrassing

I remember Rocky getting a hard time a few seasons back

Fair play to Monty for turning up to face the music

Respect
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 15-04-2024 at 04:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

I’d have thought he meant more specifically after Saturday because he clearly had the chance to win the game for us and fluffed it on a couple of occasions? Cant say I’ve noticed Elie getting more abuse than any others at games really but I could just not be picking up on it.

Did Monty say anything of note? Or just all about being disappointed after the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Does he really get abused or does he with the team as a whole get boo'd/flak for continually under performing? Footballers are well remunerated and privileged and if they cant handle some negativity from the stands when things are not going well, perhaps they need to develop some added resilience.
    How about the vicious, cold blooded and cowardly attacks on their social media accounts? Nobody should have to put up with that no matter what their occupation or salary level is. There’s no defending it at all, it’s just plain nasty.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    I've just noticed he's deleted his whole Hibs content on his page. I think that speaks volumes
    What a bunch of ****ing ********s some ‘supporters’ are. Way to go to make a player feel welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    How about the vicious, cold blooded and cowardly attacks on their social media accounts? Nobody should have to put up with that no matter what their occupation or salary level is. There’s no defending it at all, it’s just plain nasty.
    Yes pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    What a bunch of ****ing ********s some ‘supporters’ are. Way to go to make a player feel welcome.
    Yes probably made his decision for him if genuinely thinking about staying.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Exactly. These keyboard hard men wouldn’t have the balls to say anything to their faces but easy behind a screen. Should leave that crap to rival fans.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    You only need to take a look on here after a game, social media and at the games themselves to see/hear the reaction towards Youan when Hibs either don’t win or he makes a mistake.

To say “ah well they’re well paid so need to ignore it” is pretty poor tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    He’s surely not getting credit for turning up to a club event? Haha he’s probably obliged to go to these events.

It would say a lot more about him if he never turned up.

He’s the manager of the club, and until he’s not he should 100% turn up.

This is a supporters club, so he is not obliged, cant seem to give him credit for anything, yet he has the courage to go face us, well done Monty.

We have some absolute weapons amongst our "support" as no doubt every team does.

I get that people shout and show displeasure at the match in the heat of battle.

What I don't get is people, in the cold light of day, choosing to abuse anybody and everybody connected with the club often in a really personal manner.

Even on this forum we have posts in which our manager is a clown and an idiot, our captain is a coward and a non trier and a guy with both the most goals and most assists this season never passes and only ever plays for himself.

It is possible to believe a change of manager might be beneficial and a more vocal captain is required without leaving the current incumbents without a name.

Anyway it's only going to get worse the next few weeks with the only saving grace being most of the most vocal abusers apparently won't be attending the last few matches.

Each to thier own but I suspect if it was put out to the fanbase as a whole would have a different result..
    What makes you think the Hibs Supporters Association isn't reflective of overall fanbase? Vast majority of those voting will be ST holders and many are regular travellers as well.