hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Kensell - stay or go?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

85 64.89%
  • Stay

46 35.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Simply must go. As CEO he has led us backwards, and fast.

For those wanting him to stay but not be responsible for the ‘football side’ - let’s offer him a demotion to sales manager, on a fraction of his current (ludicrous!) remuneration package.

The Hibernian CEO must always be held accountable for the success of the club. Spare me the chat about revenue too, expenses are out of control under this clown.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simply must go. As CEO he has led us backwards, and fast.

For those wanting him to stay but not be responsible for the ‘football side’ - let’s offer him a demotion to sales manager, on a fraction of his current (ludicrous!) remuneration package.

The Hibernian CEO must always be held accountable for the success of the club. Spare me the chat about revenue too, expenses are out of control under this clown.
    With the increase in turnover there could be an argument he’s worth every penny of what he’s paid, even if you removed the football side of things.

He absolutely shouldn’t be involved in that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    With the increase in turnover there could be an argument he’s worth every penny of what he’s paid, even if you removed the football side of things.

Why? More money has came in, aye. Even more money has went out though, £4m loss 😂

That’s before we get to the small matter of our first XI being on the slide for the last 3 years.

He leads the club, he’s failed.

Is there any member of any department/role off the pitch, specifically the heads of department, that anyone would be sorry to see go??

It won't happen, but I'd not bat an eyelid if the whole exec management team somehow got their jotters tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member
    I think he’d be a loss to the club on a commercial level, so in that regard, I wouldn’t necessarily want to see him go. I would want him removed from all football operations though.
    I agree with you Stubbsy, he's done extremely well on the commercial side, taken us to a new level of income. Him and Ian Gordon should stay clear of football matters and bring in somebody who knows what they're doing

Any clown can increase turnover by running up a huge operational loss. He is out of his depth and massively overpaid👹

We want everyone sacked tonight it seems.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Three duds appointed as manager in a row. Buck has to stop somewhere. Out and out stagnation on the pitch.

Everyone should be held to the same standards as the managers who keep getting punted.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Two bottom six finishes in three seasons. £5m debt run up chasing sporting success that has singularly failed to materialise. Has to be serious questions asked, we need there to be accountability for performances on the pitch and the CEO is accountable for it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Two bottom six finishes in three seasons. £5m debt run up chasing sporting success that has singularly failed to materialise. Has to be serious questions asked, we need there to be accountability for performances on the pitch and the CEO is accountable for it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I think that about sums it up.

When an organisation is failing so obviously in one area, and the most important one at that, then there has to be a root and branch review and no one should be immune.

That's not a 'just sack everyone' opinion. It's just recognition that whatever we are doing isn't working. It's probably fair to say that Kensell and others are aware of their own shortcomings hence the desire to find external help both in terms of finance and expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    Rubbish

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
    Not rubbish at all pal. 👍

He and his embarrassing Kenny Miller tango face can gtf.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    He and his embarrassing Kenny Miller tango face can gtf.
    Why can folk not just debate maturely rather than lower themselves to crap insults?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Culture at the club has been rotten since his arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by DTHIBS View Post
    Any clown can increase turnover by running up a huge operational loss. He is out of his depth and massively overpaid👹
    Interesting first post.

£375k is an awful lot of money for a glorified commercial manager.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I'm sick to death of hearing about corporate/hospitality. Put Hibs team 1st, it's the driver for other good things. How much will our losses be not making top 6/Europe. Those at club only interested in making money

It's worse than that though.

They are happy making money at the expense of things getting better on the pitch. It's their number one target.

Sell a player for more than we paid and we've done our job. It matters not a jot if the player was any good whilst here. See Melkerson for exhibit A.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

It's worse than that though.

They are happy making money at the expense of things getting better on the pitch. It's their number one target.

Sell a player for more than we paid and we've done our job. It matters not a jot if the player was any good whilst here. See Melkerson for exhibit A.
    That second paragraph. Care to expand as it doesn't really make sense to me.

What"s this £5m debt?

Previously we were told the Gordon's converted debt to equity or something and posters got shot down for saying they'd built up debts? It was suggested that we were £5m better off because of their generosity.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    That second paragraph. Care to expand as it doesn't really make sense to me.
    Last para explains it no?

Melkerson barely kicked a ball for us. He certainly didn't contribute in any meaningful way to anything on the pitch whilst here.

But we point to the fact that we sold him for a profit as being success and of BK doing his job well.

I see the opposite.

I see the club only being interested in making money from player trading and having zero regard for how much the player contributes to the games he plays in.

Bojangles, Kennah, Jair, Mueller........ all examples of the strategy that failed.

There is a lack of clarity at Hibs as we do not fully know what he does. What are his paramaters.

I think what he says at times has a whole load of smoke and mirrors around it. I know a couple of people who used to be involved at Hibs and know of a couple of instances when he went way beyond his remit.

1. Marching on to the training field to berate Maloney in front of the whole playing squad
    2. Interfering in player recruitment. Not player contracts which is all fine and well, but actually watching/choosing players. How is he qualified to do this

There are other things I've heard about which I cannot fully verify but I feel there is more than a grain of truth in them.

Some people on here say he is some kind of marketing wizard and has increases turnover massively. Well he oversaw a £4m loss last year, which cannot reflect well. I think he has hung around on the coat tails of the Gordons wealth.

Kensell is a major part of our problems and should leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Me.

His job is essentially to boost the commercial side of the club. He’s done that.

Do we know who is 100% behind picking mangers???
    Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worrying this is the new hospitality will be empty - even looking at the seating map you can see the low number of tickets sold for this area.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Is there any member of any department/role off the pitch, specifically the heads of department, that anyone would be sorry to see go??

It won't happen, but I'd not bat an eyelid if the whole exec management team somehow got their jotters tomorrow.
    Amen brother. Pig sick of the lot of them.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    The CEO is in charge of the whole football club.

They set the direction everywhere. He may not be involved with the footballing dept (I suspect he is) but he employs people to run that.

We are a football team first and foremost. The performance under his stewardship on the field has been entirely unacceptable. Petrie sacked Mixu for finishing sixth having beat Hearts at Tynecastle in the post split fixtures.

What I’d give for that level of footballing ‘failure’.

It win’t change though. I’ve been hoping Kensell would ‘learn’ for the last two years. He’s not.

His wages have went up though.

LD won the cup from relegation in 2 years.

BK has taken us from 3rd to this mess in 3 years.

Guys a ****ing clown. But he didn't hire himself. Ron Gordon hired him and Ian continues to employ him. That's our real issue.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    There is a lack of clarity at Hibs as we do not fully know what he does. What are his paramaters.

I think what he says at times has a whole load of smoke and mirrors around it. I know a couple of people who used to be involved at Hibs and know of a couple of instances when he went way beyond his remit.

1. Marching on to the training field to berate Maloney in front of the whole playing squad
    2. Interfering in player recruitment. Not player contracts which is all fine and well, but actually watching/choosing players. How is he qualified to do this

There are other things I've heard about which I cannot fully verify but I feel there is more than a grain of truth in them.

Some people on here say he is some kind of marketing wizard and has increases turnover massively. Well he oversaw a £4m loss last year, which cannot reflect well. I think he has hung around on the coat tails of the Gordons wealth.

Kensell is a major part of our problems and should leave.
    really?? About what, performances and results??

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Absolutely spot on.

Of course he’s accountable.

And I am absolutely sick to the back teeth hearing about hospitality etc.

We are a FOOTBALL club and we have completely and utterly failed on the pitch for the vast majority of his time with us.

I do not give a **** about wasting money on safe standing for his gimpy mates at Block 7 or shiny fancy bars for the select supporters who can afford them. I want to watch
    Hibs do better than the likes of pishy Dundee and beating the St Johnstones of the league at home.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

I think he’d be a loss to the club on a commercial level, so in that regard, I wouldn’t necessarily want to see him go. I would want him removed from all football operations though.
    Good point