hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On reflection, per the above, McLeod was a good addition.
    Typo

2. Log in to remove the advert

It’s not just leadership on the park it’s at board level, managerial level also.

The cost to the club of finishing bottom 6 is huge in terms of revenue, tv money, season tickets.

Who will walk up and buy a ticket for a meaningless game?

Hospitality suites will be empty. This bottled job of a season will cost us heavily.

Manager has to go, nice guy but has nothing about him, no passion, has he given up?

Central defence MUST be sorted - we can’t defend simple as.

We need strong midfielders in the Bartley mode that protect the defence and ensure we are not bullied on the pitch.

Sad times for hibs just now - they need to go all out for an experienced manager thst knows Scottish football and can address the alarming decline in great club.

If the board don’t realise this now I’m sure the attendance at the next home game will make it very clear to them

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    John Hughes walking up and down the troops in the tunnel in the 1999 millennium derby at Tiny telling every manjack what was expected from him prematch and if not they would answer to him then sprinting the length of the park to celebrate Le God’s strike at the School End

The result never in doubt

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    In the last 20 minutes of yesterday’s match when we needed a leader, a cool head to put their football on the ball and help us see out the game our captain went missing. Newell only had 8 touches of the ball in the final 20 minutes of the match, only Rocky had less in that time.

Remember a few years back SJM taking the ball to the corner at Fir Park and running down the clock.

SJM did this quite a few times in key games - used to get the crowd going last few mins of games etc. How I miss someone like that !

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Remember a few years back SJM taking the ball to the corner at Fir Park and running down the clock.

SJM did this quite a few times in key games - used to get the crowd going last few mins of games etc. How I miss someone like that !
    Certainly newells biggest crime IMO. Not being John McGinn.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    A show pony who's not that good a player, comfortable on the ball, the ability to take a free kick and pass the ball sideways is not good enough.

3 2 1 ............
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 14-04-2024 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Not even that. At least SJM tried to drive the team on and forward even when he was having an off day.

Not sure that’s to much to ask

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    It’s not just leadership on the park it’s at board level, managerial level also.

The cost to the club of finishing bottom 6 is huge in terms of revenue, tv money, season tickets.

Who will walk up and buy a ticket for a meaningless game?

Hospitality suites will be empty. This bottled job of a season will cost us heavily.

Manager has to go, nice guy but has nothing about him, no passion, has he given up?

Central defence MUST be sorted - we can’t defend simple as.

We need strong midfielders in the Bartley mode that protect the defence and ensure we are not bullied on the pitch.

Sad times for hibs just now - they need to go all out for an experienced manager thst knows Scottish football and can address the alarming decline in great club.

If the board don’t realise this now I’m sure the attendance at the next home game will make it very clear to them
    Maybe biggest statement the fans can do to show their dissatisfaction is not turning up for next home game? Probably not ideal in terms of revenue but maybe will make the board and Foley wake up

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Maybe biggest statement the fans can do to show their dissatisfaction is not turning up for next home game? Probably not ideal in terms of revenue but maybe will make the board and Foley wake up
    I agree about the board but not about Foley. I’m more than certain the Black Knights are well aware of where we need to be and what’s required to get there.

The board just don’t want to be seen to have made another mistake.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    A small point but the penalty incident yesterday summed up the lack of leadership on and off the park for me. Youan initially asking for it and being told to beat it then Marcondes persisting all the way to the penalty spot to take it.

I’m guessing Boyle was told he was off them after his dubious record but this sort of thing is surely sorted before the match and the captain should be pulling rank to enforce it long before it carried on towards the spot.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    A small point but the penalty incident yesterday summed up the lack of leadership on and off the park for me. Youan initially asking for it and being told to beat it then Marcondes persisting all the way to the penalty spot to take it.

I’m guessing Boyle was told he was off them after his dubious record but this sort of thing is surely sorted before the match and the captain should be pulling rank to enforce it long before it carried on towards the spot.
    I only saw Marcondes doing it and it’s not the first time he’s done it - you’re right. These things stink of leadership issues on and off the park

We don't have a leader , haven't had in a long time.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphys Touch View Post
    I only saw Marcondes doing it and it’s not the first time he’s done it - you’re right. These things stink of leadership issues on and off the park
    It stinks of piss poor recruitment. The Scottish game is a physical, high tempo game and if you can’t put a foot in and compete then you’re not any use here. Marcondes is a very good player in a completely different scenario of what he faces up here, but he’s a waste of a wage for us and a waste of time in his career to him.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Watch Ross county today against Huns, so called inferior players matching so called superstars with great dig and attitude but most of all playing for the jersey and having 11 leaders on the park, something lacking in our club

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    It stinks of piss poor recruitment. The Scottish game is a physical, high tempo game and if you can’t put a foot in and compete then you’re not any use here. Marcondes is a very good player in a completely different scenario of what he faces up here, but he’s a waste of a wage for us and a waste of time in his career to him.
    I don’t think Marcondes has struggled with the physicality. He’s just not been very good.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post

Embarrassing that happened again same thing happened against Dundee.

For every good game Newell has, he has 2 or 3 bad ones.

He’s not a leader either. Struggling to think of a leader in that squad. Maybe Cadden?

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    For every good game Newell has, he has 2 or 3 bad ones.

He’s not a leader either. Struggling to think of a leader in that squad. Maybe Cadden?
    What are you basing their leadership qualities on?

What separates Newell and Cadden for you?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I don’t think Marcondes has struggled with the physicality. He’s just not been very good.
    Could easily have had two assists on Saturday if finishing from Youan and Cadden had been better.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Tully View Post
    Watch Ross county today against Huns, so called inferior players matching so called superstars with great dig and attitude but most of all playing for the jersey and having 11 leaders on the park, something lacking in our club
    Where were the Ross County leaders between 9th December and 17th February?

Some run - LLDLLLDLLLL

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    Leadership on the park does not necessarily come from an armband. Tommy McIntyre, great captain, long serving and trusted by Alex Miller.
    When Miller adds Murdo McLeod and John Burridge to the squad, he adds different kinds of leadership and wins our first trophy in nearly 20 years
    We often go on about changing the mentality of the club and this can happen if recruitment focussed on prioritising players who influence others.
    Tommy McIntyre had a long Hibs career but never really played all that many games. he was never our captain and I don't think he was a consistent first choice pick from Miller in his last three years or so (he played only 126 games in nearly eight years at the club).

We had leadership on the pitch in that league Cup winning side. As you say McLeod and Budgie were strong characters, as were the likes of Gordon Hunter, Graeme Mitchell, Keith Wright, Mickey Weir, Willie Miller and Pat McGinlay.

Compare those characters to what we're watching now. Good footballers and guys that would run through a brick wall for the cause.