hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

Massive Changes Required

With new investment coming in from BF, there now has to be massive change in all football activities at the club. And that doesn't just mean sacking the Manager.

McDermott is apparently leaving and BK and IG need to be taken completely out of all activities involving player or Manager recruitment.

We need new leadership and attitude in the football department at the club. So much is wrong at present.

Otherwise BF's investment is going to be p1ssed up the wall.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Let the clear out begin.

Do these people not see results / performances ?

As a club we have stagnated and maybe even regressed these last 5 years. Massive issues at the club and I don’t trust anyone there to bring in the right manager and players. Disgrace all round both on and off the pitch

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Montgomery, Kensell, McDermott & the Gordons.
    All of them need emptied.
    We are a laughing stock.

Starting at the very top, preferably.

It is a real mess. Montgomery has done nothing to justify staying as manager.

From what I hear, McDermott is going and apparently up to 15 players leaving/being advised to find a new club.

If McDermott is going who is putting in place the plans for next season. Kensell & Ian Gordon? If so, we are totally ****ed.

As I've said before, for as long as Kensell & Ian Gordon remain key decision makers at the club, it's going to continue to be the same cr*p in the future.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Where is all the McDermott leaving chat coming from ? I’m not expecting him to be going anywhere.

We need to rip up the football plan and start again from scratch. It's not working. There is no identity, no connection, no enjoyment and most importantly no sign of any success.

That doesn't have to be a long winded process that takes years and years. If fans see progress then they'll give it a bit of time. The impatience and anger right now is coming from the fact there is no sign of progress at all.

Bottom 6 is just unacceptable for Hibs, there is almost no excuse for it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Bottom 6 for 2nd time in 3 seasons.

It’s simply not acceptable.

The management, lack of leadership and awful recruitment from this club is making us worse every week.

We have wasted millions on managers and players.

It’s simply not good enough and not one fan should be accepting this - it’s a total failure in all departments.

We need an improved recruitment team - new manager - new goalkeeper (possibly x2) - new club captain - new back line - new left footed winger - new central striker and that's just a start. We also need to get rid of the dead wood and players who take a wage but contribute nothing.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 13-04-2024 at 04:45 PM.

All our targets have been missed, there needs to be consequences for this and the fans need to be engaged...2k at Motherwell, wow so good....start with firing Nick Montgomery and bring in Michael ONeil.....

Sadly, we'll change face again with yet another manager and set of players giving fans yet another sense of false optimism. But they'll be instructed to do exactly the same things as the current and previous crop of failures. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results....

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Gut the squad. No more the case for our key players being that they are the “least of our problems”. Players like McGinn, McGeough, Allan, McGregor, prime Boyle etc were all talked up on merit. Not their case for being they aren’t as poor as others.

Sack everyone that we can legally do so and start again. Top to bottom clear out.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bottom 6 for 2nd time in 3 seasons.

It’s simply not acceptable.

The management, lack of leadership and awful recruitment from this club is making us worse every week.

We have wasted millions on managers and players.

It’s simply not good enough and not one fan should be accepting this - it’s a total failure in all departments.
    It is utter failure, but for all the angry posts tonight - someone will be along soon to say things aren't that bad. Unfortunately there is little real pressure from the supporters on those running the club, when they should be under intense pressure. The stewardship of the Club since the Gordons came on the scene has been an almost unmitigated disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Where is all the McDermott leaving chat coming from ? I’m not expecting him to be going anywhere.
    My own conversation with him would suggest he'll be away in the summer.

The footballing department has been absolutely diabolical since the Gordons have taken over.

I decided a couple months back that I'll not be renewing my season ticket next year, I don't enjoy going to ER anymore and it feels like a waste of time. Going to put my time and money into something else at the weekends where my enjoyment is not reliant upon the efforts of a group of powderpuff players and underperforming owners.

I absolutely will be back in the future, but I don't see it being any time soon.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I’ve said before, we need something like what’s happening at Man United with Ineos; let the minority investors run the football operations.

We need to clean house. Too many of the same people and the same players have been around and failed under multiple different managers now. We can absolutely expect an improvement under a new man, but equally if we keep mostly the same squad that got the last one (or more!) sacked, how much can we expect?

Ben Kensell should be the first to get ****ed out the door, take his sunbed subscription and his sooped up BMW 1 Series with him. Absolute WELT.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    We are a laughing stock.
    The Gordon family should be emptied 😀,are you the person to buy them out.it will take millions.

Coaching Staff
    Och don’t worry, Jake Doyle Hayes will play a game post split before another injury, getting another nice long summer holiday, then feel a wee twinge before pre-season starts 😂 that lad’s hourly rate must be in five figures 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    The footballing department has been absolutely diabolical since the Gordons have taken over.

I decided a couple months back that I'll not be renewing my season ticket next year, I don't enjoy going to ER anymore and it feels like a waste of time. Going to put my time and money into something else at the weekends where my enjoyment is not reliant upon the efforts of a group of powderpuff players and underperforming owners.

I absolutely will be back in the future, but I don't see it being any time soon.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    100% the same.

Even with a new manager - we need new players and progress to get me back and spending ££ on Hibs.

The fans deserve so much better - this isn't any fans fault - it's absolute **** show from those running the club in management positions.

Too many failures at the club on the pitch - Newell etc and management. We need leaders - winners and people who understand the club. Not lip service and new hospitality.

Hospitality will be empty at this rate and looking at the ST map it's obvious many are voting by not buying until improvement is shown on the pitch - not all the media guff they post / send out.

Kensal
    McDermott
    Ian Gordon’s input
    Monty

All equally as bad as each other

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    We are a laughing stock.
    How do you empty the owners? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Ben Kensell should be the first to get ****ed out the door, take his sunbed subscription and his sooped up BMW 1 Series with him. Absolute WELT.
    And why is he a welt? Sorry WELT?

Foley will have a plan in place 100%. He will think out the box to get our club going again. We need an innovative manager to bring some decent football back to Easter Road

He’s also managed to make LJ look even better as LJ got us top 6 and into Europe - plus won a derby.

Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by KazaHibs View Post
    Foley will have a plan in place 100%. He will think out the box to get our club going again. We need an innovative manager to bring some decent football back to Easter Road
    I hope so but just look at Lorient under Foley not promising

Manager needs to go as well as 80% of the squad, many of which have been here now through several failed managers.

Shocking performance today as has been the case for the majority of this season and last.

Hopeless. Spineless. Leaderless.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KazaHibs View Post
    Bill Foley will undoubtedly be the chief decision maker at the club from now on with the Gordon’s being the “front” - I’ve absolutely no doubt about that.