hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montgomery GO

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar

Montgomery GO

Get out of this club, you utterly inept charlatan.
    Take that clown Kensell with you.
    ****ing shameful.

2. Log in to remove the advert

No need for multiple threads on this.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, there really is

Unacceptable. Should be sacked tonight.

His game management is awful, time to go, other Hibs managers have gone for less, had the backing in January and has ultimately failed.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post

His record is indefensible sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    ****ing shameful.
    Easy answer, replace with Neil Lennon, or double down for more pain in the world of football.

Awful, every bit as bad as Fenlon, calderwood and maloney

That will be him gone now.

Uninspiring football

Sadly uninspiring character

Get rid

Just another season where the 4th / 5th biggest club in the country has failed to come anywhere near it's potential. Made worse by the fact that what should be two of our main competitors are either pish ( Aberdeen ) or not even in the league ( Dundee Utd )

The message for everybody connected with this club is simple: How the actual F'k can you talk about us finishing 3rd on a regular basis when we can't even compete with St Mirren, Dundee and Kilmarnock?

The bottom line is that any manager of this club who can't finish in the top 6 has to be a candidate for the tin tack Said it before and it's even more relevant after today. Unless we make at least one signing in the summer who falls into the 'I can't believe he's signed for us' category we won't be troubling any season ticket records.

As for the players:

Marshall ... Past it.
    Fish .. for half a season the dug's bollox ... now just bollox.
    Rocky ... As the name suggests.
    Miller .... Constantly either injured or suspended and when he does play far too prone to errors.
    Levitt ... The biggest waste of £300,000 in the club's history. What's he worth now, 50 grand?
    Youan ... The talent to be a more than decent SPL player ... the decision making and passing of a pub league player.
    Boyle ... Loved this guy and still do. But nothing like the threat he was, seems to have lost the pace that made him dangerous.
    Vente ... Signed as a striker for what for us is an eye watering sum of money and then played out of position. I keep hearing how good this guy is, but for 600 / 700 thousand he should be a standout in this league even played out of position .. he isn't

Even Newell, who I like very much and have defended to the hilt, can do one now. This team needs a complete overhaul, starting with a captain who can drag his team through a game. Oh for a John McGinn.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    That will be him gone now.
    I don't rate the guy but Montgomery will be here for the start of next season, no doubt about that

Here for the Monty love in replies with all the excuses to come etc

The day we accept bottom six and still say any coach needs time hibs are done

I pray foley puts him out his misery

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I don't rate the guy but Montgomery will be here for the start of next season, no doubt about that
    Then Easter Road will be empty. Hes done with 75% of the fans now I’d say. Hes not coming back from that.
    And if the board don’t realise that and sack him, they’re even more useless than we already know they are.

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    If he is, then ST's and crowds will plummet.

Coaching Staff
    No he won’t.

Promising Youngster
    No doubt - really?

Even if the club want to support him and don’t want to sack him…..having a toxic fan base and poor ST will force their hand!

Also - no way BF will not want his own people on the football side. I don’t think I’ve seen an investor come in to any club world wide and stick with the manager longer than 6 months.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Here for the Monty love in replies with all the excuses to come etc

The day we accept bottom six and still say any coach needs time hibs are done

I pray foley puts him out his misery
    Don’t think Foley has the authority to be sacking anyone, as a minority shareholder. It’ll be the Gordons and sunbed Ben that end up giving him his marching orders, if he goes.

From his post match interview reported on the BBC site, he knows his times up.

Hibernian manager Nick Montgomery tells BBC Scotland: "It's really hard to explain how that [late goal] happened but it's happened too many times to us this season, one shot on target and we concede from it.

"I think we could have had two or three goals today and the game could have been more than over way before that incident.

"Everybody is devastated in the dressing room, they put their heart and soul into the performance. We were 20 seconds away from still having a great chance to be in the top six, so we will have to reflect on that and move forward.

"I came in and the club was in a difficult position. I have done everything I possibly can.

"We brought in some very good players in January but as a club we have to reflect on the season.

"I have been here for three quarters of it and we can look back at all the things that have gone wrong and gone against us but we should have won the game today.

"I thought the boys were brave and played really well but we can only look back with regret now that we dropped too many points from games we should have won."

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    ****ing shameful.
    No need for such language

I think he’ll be gone by next weekend.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think he’ll be gone by next weekend.
    I'll be gutted if he makes it to Monday.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadesLongThrow View Post

Hibernian manager Nick Montgomery tells BBC Scotland: "It's really hard to explain how that [late goal] happened but it's happened too many times to us this season, one shot on target and we concede from it.

"I think we could have had two or three goals today and the game could have been more than over way before that incident.

"Everybody is devastated in the dressing room, they put their heart and soul into the performance. We were 20 seconds away from still having a great chance to be in the top six, so we will have to reflect on that and move forward.

"I came in and the club was in a difficult position. I have done everything I possibly can.

"We brought in some very good players in January but as a club we have to reflect on the season.

"I have been here for three quarters of it and we can look back at all the things that have gone wrong and gone against us but we should have won the game today.

"I thought the boys were brave and played really well but we can only look back with regret now that we dropped too many points from games we should have won."
    Can’t really argue with anything he said there.

Ultimately I do believe he did his best but unfortunately it hasn’t proved to be anywhere good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Then Easter Road will be empty. Hes done with 75% of the fans now I’d say. Hes not coming back from that.
    And if the board don’t realise that and sack him, they’re even more useless than we already know they are.
    That is 100% correct. It would go completely against the grain if he remains. Kensell & The Gordons sacked our previous managers who had less resources, but arguably all achieved more

I’ve heard him a couple of times mention how long he’s been here, he’s been here for all but 4 games this season!!!

3 defeats then gray got a win against Aberdeen.

He’s had plenty time to get enough points to get top 6.

Played 2 of the bottom 3 in recent weeks and got 1 point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post

Ultimately I do believe he did his best but unfortunately it hasn’t proved to be anywhere good enough.

I think that amounts to an acceptance of the inevitable.

And got shafted off VAR and refs all season

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post

Sounds like he knows. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a hate Monty thread though. He's tried and failed. No need for clown,imposter and worse.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Sounds like he knows. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a hate Monty thread though. He's tried and failed. No need for clown,imposter and worse.
    Agree. Though I'm the same with any Hibs manager really, unless they go to a direct rival, I hope they do well. They come in and obviously give their all.