hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Signings for next year

Could do loads worse than signing Bair from Motherwell, got an unbelievable return for a very average side. Link up play is brilliant and a different option.

Wouldn’t be a bad starting point if you ask me as we don’t have a plan B up top at the moment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bair is a weird one, he looked absolutely brutal for St Johnstone and now for Motherwell he is a huge threat.

It really depends how the club look at it, there is/was free agents that would undoubtedly improve the squad

Blair Spital
    Yan Dhanda
    James Penrice
    Dan Phillips

All have/will end up at Hearts.

But it depends what they concentrate on, improving the starting 11 or the squad

For me it’s got to me clear improvements to the starting 11

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bair is a weird one, he looked absolutely brutal for St Johnstone and now for Motherwell he is a huge threat.

It really depends how the club look at it, there is/was free agents that would undoubtedly improve the squad

Blair Spital
    Yan Dhanda
    James Penrice
    Dan Phillips

We need everything, squad for next year looks terrifyingly thin.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    Could do loads worse than signing Bair from Motherwell, got an unbelievable return for a very average side. Link up play is brilliant and a different option.

Wouldn’t be a bad starting point if you ask me as we don’t have a plan B up top at the moment.
    We need a number 9 that is a mobile, faster version of Doidge, Bair would be a great signing. One thing we need to do with the squad is to create options. We need to be able to mix it up when needs be and very few of our players are going to worry the opposition physically.

Blair Spital
    Yan Dhanda
    James Penrice
    Dan Phillips

Completely agree, I do however think he would improve our starting XI too. Got a better return that most of our main strikers put together and gained a good bit experience of the league now too

@hibs.net private member

Blair Spital
    Yan Dhanda
    James Penrice
    Dan Phillips

Our squad has been threadbare this season. For some reason we took ALF off on Saturday and had to swap Maolida into the middle where he is less effective as we never had another central attacker. All that to accommodate Jair. While the players you mention may not be those we would dream about in a starting 11 they are proven course and distance players who probably cost less than some of teh absolute failures we have seen come in. We need to build a squad that has redundancy for injuries that happen(more to us than most) and alternatives when our chosen style isn't working.

I don't disagree with improving the starting 11 but we need to have a plan for teh 11 and teh squad and not the pin the tail on teh donkey approach we have seen since Lennon started the changes with a very successful recruitment plan.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    We need everything, squad for next year looks terrifyingly thin.
    Without a doubt. Basically have Rocky, Obita, Cadden, Newell, NMW, Boyle, Youan and Vente that are good enough/squad players.

Needs so much work done to it, you'd want a few starters in there to replace a few I just mentioned as well.

Don't think the Black Knight investment alone will be enough to cover such an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Without a doubt. Basically have Rocky, Obita, Cadden, Newell, NMW, Boyle, Youan and Vente that are good enough/squad players.

Needs so much work done to it, you'd want a few starters in there to replace a few I just mentioned as well.

Don't think the Black Knight investment alone will be enough to cover such an overhaul.
    Not having a dig by any stretch, however Rocky is debatably not good enough. So weak in possession of the ball which makes him so limited when we are trying to play the way we are.

Are any of the youngsters getting kept on ?

I'd take the St Johnstone goalie👍

Myziane Maolida and a new defence for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    I'd take the St Johnstone goalie👍
    Was impressed with saints player Adama Sidibeh.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Shankland

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Was impressed with saints player Adama Sidibeh.
    Maybe need to see what he can do against better centre backs

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Maybe need to see what he can do against better centre backs
    Maybe , looks quick though ! .

A new goalie is a must, would be very disappointed if Marshall is our number 1 next season.

Marshall apparently being spoken to about extended deal for another 12 months

Sums up our policies etc rewarding abject performances

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post

Or alternatively he'd be a mentor for Johnson being given the chance to step up? You're guessing and posting it as fact to slag the club again...

So what about the players we moved on under Monty? You think we made wrong decisions there or did the club move on players who weren't good enough?

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Christ, no. No way do I want NM let loose with BK millions for transfers.
    I dread to think what utter, overpriced ***** we'll end up with 😱

Quote Originally Posted by Basildon Hibs View Post
    Christ, no. No way do I want NM let loose with BK millions for transfers.
    I dread to think what utter, overpriced ***** we'll end up with 😱
    ***** like Maolida, NMW, and Marcondes? No doubting he’s on a shoogly peg, but in fairness to Monty, our January dealings weren’t too bad at all. We just failed to address that bloody defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    ***** like Maolida, NMW, and Marcondes? No doubting he’s on a shoogly peg, but in fairness to Monty, our January dealings weren’t too bad at all. We just failed to address that bloody defence.
    Hilarious if you think he had any say in the 3 you mentioned.

His ‘target’ for January was triantis and he’s rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaHibs View Post

It’s not hilarious to think the manager has influence on transfers as part of a club structure that has publicly stated it gives managers the final say on transfers.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

Been spoken about by who? Worrying if he's been offered any kind of extension.

Ryan Strain
    Keanu Baccus

Are the two remaining that are out of contract in the summer they stand out.

Baccus is never one I’ve watched and thought he’s brilliant despite all the praise he gets and if I’m honest don’t think he’d start.

Miller, Cadden, Megwa and Whittaker probably rule out strain but imo he’s a completely different type of player with his passing and crossing ability and that sort of threat on the right (similar to Obita on the left) would really help get the best out of guys like Boyle by releasing them quicker or playing a ball over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    Or alternatively he'd be a mentor for Johnson being given the chance to step up? You're guessing and posting it as fact to slag the club again...

So what about the players we moved on under Monty? You think we made wrong decisions there or did the club move on players who weren't good enough?
    Do we not have a goalkeeper coach already?

What if Johnson doesn't step up? We're back with Marshall again. He needs to go, he is poor. Properly quality number 1 with Johnson playing all cup ties.

Hilarious if you don't think he had some kind of say in who we signed. And yeah Triantis was his only target of course. NM only signed the rubbish players and someone else (McDermott, Kensall?) signed the good ones.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

If he’s kept on as our first choice we are ****ed, just doesn’t make saves regularly anymore aside from the odd spectacular one.

You’ve just made that up. It’s the classic good signings aren’t the managers and bad ones are?

Marshall signing a year extension might be a decent idea. Wollacot obviously not fancied and they wanted to bring him in as number 1 over Marshall last summer so I'm sure they will still want to sort new goalkeeper. Sign a new number 1, Murray Johnson the back up and Marshall at the stage of his career a relatively cheap/experienced cover and good mentor for Johnson. Wollacot be away.

Fully expect to see Bevan sign on for the season and hopefully continues to be the same level of quality coming in from Bournemouth. Absolute must to bring in 2 other experienced 1st team ready centre backs with him though