hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brian McDermott

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is it a mess?

He’s done what he set out to do, bring in a good coach and improve the squad. Not his fault LJ pulled rank in the summer and filled the squad with the likes of Harbottle.

BMc and IG have supplemented the squad with quality in Jan. Myziane was a player who BMc had scouted for Arsenal a few years back. Emiliano would have been at Hibs in the summer if it was for BMc and better fitness.

He’s stabilised us which was what he came in for. Was never a long term appt I feel and certainly never took it as such when listening to him.
    LJ, or whoever is the manager, should not be allowed to pull rank. The manager identifies a position that needs improved and the recruitment team should have already done the detailed data analysis and have a core list of candidates. That way you create a recruitment process with continuity and give yourself the best highest probability of selecting the right players. We will get far more right with a methodical process that the old agent / scout / manager has a nose for a good player method

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Brian is a great character, dry but good to listen to.

What he doesn’t know about football isn’t worth knowing. He also speaks candidly about his personal issues. He is up here, away from his family, the initial job was a 3 - 6 month role. He’s been here a lot longer than even he expected.

He won’t be here much longer. Who we get to replace him and work with NM etc is pivotal.

Brian McDermott would be a huge loss to the club if we don’t get his replacement right. Whilst I am at it so would IG, KG, BK and MM. we are very lucky to have all the right people who care deeply about our club.

The football side will see a huge improvement this summer no doubt about it. We are a club going in the right way and these calls to sack everyone are mental.
    We’re in 7th place, having yet another crap season, something that has happened every season that the folk you’ve listed have been here, and yet near enough every single person of any sort of importance at the club behind the scenes (and our apparently ‘good coach’ presumably)would be a huge loss?

That either suggests that they’re all doing great jobs but we’re missing numerous people in numerous key roles causing the whole thing to fall down.. or they’re not actually doing great jobs and they wouldn’t be huge losses. I know what one my money is on.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 09-04-2024 at 10:04 AM.

We will continue to see marked improvement as he gets more of his own players in and the longer he works conclusively with Brian McDermott or whoever is in his place.
    Great news - Hope this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    There is a possibility that he was involved in a major error, hypothetically this would cost the club a lot money.

Maybe thats why he's been missing of late.

If this did happen, then he would be forced to leave the club.
    What does this actually mean? What major error was he involved in? When you say missing of late...he was away for a week or so getting his hips replaced.

So are you now suggesting he's been forced to leave the club?

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    What does this actually mean? What major error was he involved in? When you say missing of late...he was away for a week or so getting his hips replaced.

So are you now suggesting he's been forced to leave the club?
    The hiring of a completely incompetent manager.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Did he know he was incompetent when he was hired?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Brian : Aka Peter Brady / Aka " The Invisible Man.
    Not invisible at all. Was in the row in front of me at Stevenage vs Barnsley this evening.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Lounge View Post
    Not invisible at all. Was in the row in front of me at Stevenage vs Barnsley this evening.
    Wonder who, if anyone, he was watching. Back interested in Jamie McCart? Maybe Nicky Cadden? Sam Cosgrove?

Probably none of them to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Wonder who, if anyone, he was watching. Back interested in Jamie McCart? Maybe Nicky Cadden? Sam Cosgrove?

Probably none of them to be fair.
    Jamie Reid from Stevenage? 18 goals this season and called up for Northern Ireland recently

29 though and this season seems a bit of a one off and is the highest level he’s played at.

He is not completely incompetent, no matter howmmany times you say he is. Is he good enough right now for Hibs, maybe not, but hardly incompetent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    He is not completely incompetent, no matter howmmany times you say he is. Is he good enough right now for Hibs, maybe not, but hardly incompetent.
    He's not shown a shred of competence from what I've seen.

From his decisions to give a 16-year-old centre forwards their debuts in their dying minutes when leading 2-1 at St Mirren, sticking with a 442 for 20+ games when it was clear it was never going to work pretty much immediately, his total inability to sort the defence and the fact he's won 8 games out of 30 with the quality of the squad we've got. Add to that his deluded interviews.

He's the definition of incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    Did he know he was incompetent when he was hired?
    He’s not incompetent now. Perhaps the poster is incompetent with his understand of the language he’s using. When you are so anti a person you’ll never be able to have a decent discussion about him. I was the same with LJ for example. But my reasons were much clearer.
    Monty is far from incompetent as a coach. He’s respected by players and the wider Hibernian staff.

Blog Entries
    He’s not incompetent now. Perhaps the poster is incompetent with his understand of the language he’s using. When you are so anti a person you’ll never be able to have a decent discussion about him. I was the same with LJ for example. But my reasons were much clearer.
    Monty is far from incompetent as a coach. He’s respected by players and the wider Hibernian staff.
    I totally understand what incompetent is. I also asked others to provide evidence of what it is he is competent at, and instead of providing evidence of this competence, I get personal accusations of being 'anti a person', whatever that is.

It's fairly common when people have hee haw to back up their arguments, the first step is to have a pop at the person asking the question.

I totally understand what incompetent is. I also asked others to provide evidence of what it is he is competent at, and instead of providing evidence of this competence, I get personal accusations of being 'anti a person', whatever that is.

It's fairly common when people have hee haw to back up their arguments, the first step is to have a pop at the person asking the question.
    If he’s incompetent does that mean about 80% of managers are incompetent? You spent months saying he was sticking to 442 and even when he explained what he was doing you said he was making it up. It’s been pretty clear to other people. He knows more about football than anyone on this forum. Yet people are calling him clueless? You used to be a decent poster in the past.

Blog Entries
    If he’s incompetent does that mean about 80% of managers are incompetent? You spent months saying he was sticking to 442 and even when he explained what he was doing you said he was making it up. It’s been pretty clear to other people. He knows more about football than anyone on this forum. Yet people are calling him clueless? You used to be a decent poster in the past.
    Where have ye pulled 80% from?

He was sticking to 442. It was clear as day he was playing 442. He came out himself after he was being questioned about the 442 and said '442 was the shape and it wouldn't be changing'. Are we ignoring that are we?

What other people was it clear to? It was pretty clear to plenty other people on here that he was still playing it and pundits like McManus and Michael Stewart that he was still playing it.

The first time he deviated from it was a Forfar when he played Rudy there for 55 mins and then went straight back to it.