hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did he? Porteous and nisbet walk into this side. So would the big forward we had on loan.

Johnson was rubbish. Monty is rubbish. Should be blaming the dafties that employ them.
    Porteous left in January of that season, Nisbet missed almost half the season through injury, the big forward on loan played only 15 times and Boyle was injured fairly early in the season. I didn't love Johnson either, but I think he did better than Monty.

Should we be blaming the people that hire our managers? I would say they are not exempt from scrutiny, and rightly so (Kensall in particular has not shown he is not a football visionary, good at making deals and the commercial work though).

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    The Lennon revisionism is bad enough, but I’ll draw the line at bringing out green tinted specs for that clown.

Should never have got the job and should have been sacked during the World Cup break.

Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Porteous left in January of that season, Nisbet missed almost half the season through injury, the big forward on loan played only 15 times and Boyle was injured fairly early in the season. I didn't love Johnson either, but I think he did better than Monty.

Should we be blaming the people that hire our managers? I would say they are not exempt from scrutiny, and rightly so (Kensall in particular has not shown he is not a football visionary, good at making deals and the commercial work though).
    Who employs Kensell?

Let's be honest here. We've gone way backwards on the pitch since Ron Gordon bought the club. He wasn't very good at running a football club, and neither is his son.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    He was sacked by Fleetwood after proving we made the right call.

Just short of the time it took Dundee Utd to rid themselves of J Ross

@hibs.net private member
    At this stage last season, arguably a worse squad had five more points, a better goal difference by 3 goals, was in 6th place and we were celebrating a win against Hearts. I doubt anyone would say last year was a good season League wise but it was a good deal better than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

And we can't do anything about the guy in charge of the football department because his family is the majority owner. Got to hope that Mr Foley shakes things up to protect his £6m investment (and the latest £5m investment from the Gordon family in the form of the debt to equity swap).

Don’t get the hatred for Lee Johnson. He had some shockers, granted. But at least he managed to actually get some big game wins at Easter Road (Hearts and Celtic), unlike the previous 3 managers before him and our current idiot.