hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably not acceptable, but a wee bit o' graffiti and painting the posts green ( which is actually quite funny ) is a world away from mindlessly trashing a club's corporate facilities causing thousands of pounds worth of damage.

I had a wee look on sickbag to see if they had anything to say about it, but after trawling through their seemingly endless threads about Hibs I couldn't see anything. Boy are they obsessed with us
    Well schadenfraude is one of the most enjoyable things in football it seems - and we are providing plenty opportunities for that at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    We did
    Overnight security was scrapped by Dempster. Doesn’t exist unless they put on after the first couple of break ins.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    [QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;7630743]Something that never seems to happen in football rivalry, at least in the UK, is extracurricular attacks on your rivals stadium. So far as I know that hasn't even happened in Glasgow. It's almost an unwritten rule that a wee bit of graffiti aside you leave the stadiums alone.

If it was Jambos in a targeted attack this is a development nobody wants ... least of all I would imagine their own club that let's face it could easily be turned into Edinburgh's answer to 'kristallnacht' in a retaliatory attack.

No I'm not suggesting that should happen, but it's ***** like this that opens that Pandora's box.[/QUOTE

For historical context : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristallnacht

I studied that period in history albeit at school moons ago - surely you’re stretching things?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

[QUOTE=Viva_Palmeiras;7631011]
    Something that never seems to happen in football rivalry, at least in the UK, is extracurricular attacks on your rivals stadium. So far as I know that hasn't even happened in Glasgow. It's almost an unwritten rule that a wee bit of graffiti aside you leave the stadiums alone.

If it was Jambos in a targeted attack this is a development nobody wants ... least of all I would imagine their own club that let's face it could easily be turned into Edinburgh's answer to 'kristallnacht' in a retaliatory attack.

No I'm not suggesting that should happen, but it's ***** like this that opens that Pandora's box.[/QUOTE

For historical context : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristallnacht

I studied that period in history albeit at school moons ago - surely you’re stretching things?
    I'm replying to Viva Palmeiras's post here .. not sure why it looks like I'm quoting myself?

Anyway ...

I know what Kristallnacht was in it's historical context without having to look at Wikipedia mate. All I was doing was making a loose reference to an event from history that involved a large amount of broken glass, of course I was stretching things. I'm not sure why you felt the need to point it out
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 09-04-2024 at 12:27 AM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    [QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;7631025]
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post

I'm replying to Viva Palmeiras's post here .. not sure why it looks like I'm quoting myself?

Anyway ...

I know what Kristallnacht was in its hhistorical context without having to look at Wikipedia mate. All I was doing was making a loose reference to an event from history that involved a large amount of broken glass, of course I was stretching things. I'm not sure why you felt the need to point it out
    Some might view it in poor taste. Some may also not get the reference. I added the link in so that such folks can judge for themselves. But we’re mates so that’s fine.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Probably not acceptable, but a wee bit o' graffiti and painting the posts green ( which is actually quite funny ) is a world away from mindlessly trashing a club's corporate facilities causing thousands of pounds worth of damage.

I had a wee look on sickbag to see if they had anything to say about it, but after trawling through their seemingly endless threads about Hibs I couldn't see anything. Boy are they obsessed with us
    If I was a bit younger I’d love to do what Rebus did - sneaking into ER with my girlfriend and doing a bit of bonking on the centre spot - without the floodlights this time 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Overnight security was scrapped by Dempster. Doesn’t exist unless they put on after the first couple of break ins.
    We did. It didn't work.

I started the thread, and haven’t commented since, as I believe the damage done, was a lot more extensive, than most people would imagine,
    The cost of repair being a ridiculously high amount.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    I started the thread, and haven’t commented since, as I believe the damage done, was a lot more extensive, than most people would imagine,
    Surely covered by insurance?
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    I'm amazed Hibs haven't made it public.

What parts of the main stand were damaged?

Folk saying it happened several times in a week??

I have no inside information, about insurance, security or anything else, but the repair cost was quoted to be a six figure amount.
    hopefully exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    There is no need for the childish remarks. It’s not my fault that I knew you were drinking buddies with Ben in the Albion, and like many others who drink in there with him refuse to criticise him.
    Do you have big style FOMO over not drinking with Benny Boy?

[QUOTE=Viva_Palmeiras;7631028]

Some might view it in poor taste. Some may also not get the reference. I added the link in so that such folks can judge for themselves. But we’re mates so that’s fine.
    I think you're taking this a bit too far. It was perfectly clear the referring was to their glass fronted stand.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Since90+2;7631246]
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post

I think you're taking this a bit too far. It was perfectly clear the referring was to their glass fronted stand.
    Yep, how I read it.

Thieves in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

EEN saying 4 teens, 2 boys, 2 girls, charged with a range of offences including assault- so suggests security personnel confronted them. Males were older but girls only 13...

Responsible for two break ins on 31st March and 6th April.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    EEN saying 4 teens, 2 boys, 2 girls, charged with a range of offences including assault- so suggests security personnel confronted them. Males were older but girls only 13...

Hopefully their names find a way. Brainless ********s who could do with knowing that thousands of people know what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Hopefully their names find a way. Brainless ********s who could do with knowing that thousands of people know what they did.
    Not at that age. And as under 25, in Scotland, punishment will be less severe...

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Not at that age. And as under 25, in Scotland, punishment will be less severe...
    Make their parents pay for the damage then.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Make their parents pay for the damage then.
    If the parents are Jambos too they’ll be busy making a TikTok celebrating their bairns behaviour.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Certainly sounds like Jambos.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    We will have insurers and lawyers who will make these clowns really, really regret their actions. Hope they have deep, deep pockets, otherwise they’ll be eating out of bins for a long time!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    We will have insurers and lawyers who will make these clowns really, really regret their actions. Hope they have deep, deep pockets, otherwise they’ll be eating out of bins for a long time!
    Unfortunately we won’t get a penny out of a a bunch of teenagers for vandalism regardless of the value of damage.

It’s either coming from insurance (I would really hope so) or out of the clubs bank account.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    If there is insurance in place, why would we be suing the perps? Other than to recover the excess, I can't see the point of expensive legal action.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 10-04-2024 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If there is insurance in place, why would we be suing the perps? Other than to recover the excess, I can't see the point of expensive legal action.
    Warning shot to other wee tossers who might get ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Helluva expensive warning shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Certainly sounds like Jambos.
    Yes, as usual there's a lot to unpack there.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kato; 10-04-2024 at 08:49 PM.

Helluva expensive warning shot.
    I wouldn’t have thought it would need to be. Most businesses will have insurance policies that either include legal expenses or a stand alone policy to cover it.

Presumably claiming on insurance would not help the cost of future premiums

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    Presumably claiming on insurance would not help the cost of future premiums
    Possibly, but there's probably little chance of recovering the costs from the perps.

(Disclaimer. Vandals can be minted, too. )

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Generally, insurers have subrogation rights, they often use them to legally stand in their insured's shoes to sue and recover from responsible parties however they will only do it where the responsible party have money and civil culpability.

Otherwise its good money after bad, it looks unlikely that the wastes of oxygen here will have the means to pay for their action if they were even of an age to be sued.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby