hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Kensell

First Team Breakthrough

Ben Kensell

Go. You absolute imposter. Since you joined this club you have robbed it of its soul and managed to make us so much worse. The fans are utterly exhausted with the football. Your bull**** with hospitality and sponsorship, no one cares. All we want is a decent product on the park. You’ve oversaw three of the worst managerial appointments ever at this club, hiring people who had zero understanding of coaching a big club in Scotland. You turned your nose up at experience. You sacked the one manager who’d achieved anything with us after his first bad run and then decided to experiment with this utterly mad youth team that resulted in ZERO players coming through. None.

Rod Petrie attracted protests because of some of the rubbish that happened under his watch. Honestly, his time pails into comparison wit your ineptitude. How you’ve managed to land a pay rise is beyond me.

On the very basis you supported the Foley deal I now think it’ll be a disaster.

How there is no talk of fans demanding Kensell leave is beyond me. He has been a disgrace.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The loss in the last accounts rings alarm bells for me. How can we spend so much money to become worse?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Since Kensell has come in, my enthusiasm for Hibs has diminished to the extent I'm not really arsed about going anymore. Apathy is setting in. Not saying everything was a bed of roses under them but under Dempster, George Craig etc i felt properly engaged and invested in the club. Sad state of affairs at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The loss in the last accounts rings alarm bells for me. How can we spend so much money to become worse?
    Valid point. Apparently the next accounts are going to be better, which kind of sums Hibs up, it’ll always be all right next time.

Maloney, Johnson and now Montgomery on his watch. McDermott there as well but no sure what he’s actually doing either.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Valid point. Apparently the next accounts are going to be better, which kind of sums Hibs up, it’ll always be all right next time.
    That's actually bang on the money.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

A lot of the spend was on facilities that will have a longer period of pay off.

It is a tricky one with him. No doubt we are in a great place off the park but we are a football team. Yes, all the things we do off the park are to support future spend on the team but as CEO he ultimately carries the can for the football department too.

I’m not sure we have a clear vision of what we want on the park. NM was a poor choice if we want to see fast, attacking football. That’s my main concern. He can provide the finances for players but it is going to fall over if you do t pick the right people to coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Since Kensell has come in, my enthusiasm for Hibs has diminished to the extent I'm not really arsed about going anymore. Apathy is setting in. Not saying everything was a bed of roses under them but under Dempster, George Craig etc i felt properly engaged and invested in the club. Sad state of affairs at the moment.
    Sums it up perfectly for me

You loved LJ though!

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    We’ve became corporate and feels like we’ve had the soul ripped out of us, we’re Americanised.

I’ve not felt the same about hibs for a wee while now. Wee mans now over a year and I’ve never once thought about taking him

If NM gets the sack I want BK to follow him out the door

Here we are again..

Another failed appointment doesn’t look good on the CV / or good for his next job.

So he will give him as long as possible when in reality he should be gone already.

He probably needs a manager to finally succeed to actually get himself another high paid job - all these duds and other clubs won’t trust him with the hiring. So he’s probably enjoying the very good pay he’s getting until another club offers more.

We know off the pitch stuff has improved but the fans are sick with such inconsistency on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I actually think he's done a good job bringing money into the club post Dempster. But that's done now. Money is in, link up with billionaires secured get the guy to ****.

Time Kensell went. Abysmal appointments

Agree 100% with the original poster. I’ve lost all faith in the people running our club.

Utter failures the lot of them and yet it’s always the manager that pays the price!

My feeling has always been is that Ben Kensell and Ian Gordon have taken us down a fantasy project which is either going to fizzle out or something we will ultimately regret.

I don't trust the key decisions they have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    My feeling has always been is that Ben Kensell and Ian Gordon have taken us down a fantasy project which is either going to fizzle out or something we will ultimately regret.

I don't trust the key decisions they have made.
    I don’t trust them. We feel like a plaything.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

We'll never know but I wonder if Kensell would still be in his role if Ron Gordon was here. I know he recruited him but he didn't suffer fools.

I don’t trust them. We feel like a plaything.
    The way Hibs are now structured, there is no doubt they have both made things much more difficult for someone else to come in and takeover Hibs.

It's not just Kensell, he's only part of the puzzle, the owners haven't got a clue. Ian Gordon is still kicking around without a scooby what he's doing, bloody hell he's actually our owner now. Don't care how much effort people say he puts in, he doesn't have any experience or success in football.

Our only hope now is that this Black Night group brings with them some real knowhow and experience to run things better, otherwise who knows what we do next. The owners won't replace themselves so I've not a clue....

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We'll never know but I wonder if Kensell would still be in his role if Ron Gordon was here. I know he recruited him but he didn't suffer fools.
    I have it on good authority that Ian Gordon thinks the sun shines out of Kensell's ****hole.

@hibs.net private member
    He's taken us from near £10 mil per year to near £15 this and was supposedly a big part of getting blacknight on board. Cheers stay on and do the business side. Don't ever touch the football side again you know f all. Bournemouth must have better infrastructure to get us developed on the pitch because we haven't got a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    He's taken us from near £10 mil per year to near £15 this and was supposedly a big part of getting blacknight on board. Cheers stay on and do the business side. Don't ever touch the football side again you know f all. Bournemouth must have better infrastructure to get us developed on the pitch because we haven't got a clue
    Income means nothing in business if it’s not spent well.

Cannot get rid of Kensell, he hides amongst the crowd with a balaclava and black gear on, blending in with dark glasses on, never spot him.

First Team Breakthrough
    It won’t be £15m if performances keep up. Fans will vote with their feet. And as we know from the dark days under Petrie, it can take a long time to win them back. Sure we never even used to sell derbies out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I actually think he's done a good job bringing money into the club post Dempster. But that's done now. Money is in, link up with billionaires secured get the guy to ****.
    Correct, Dempster was right place right time. Couldn’t get a front of shirt sponsor hence the thank you nhs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    I have it on good authority that Ian Gordon thinks the sun shines out of Kensell's ****hole.
    As long as he is not got his tongue near

Nobody would give a **** about being Americanised if we were top of the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Cannot get rid of Kensell, he hides amongst the crowd with a balaclava and black gear on, blending in with dark glasses on, never spot him.
    Have only ever seen him in the Albion bar and they seem to love him in there with a few I know seeming to get easy access to away tickets.
    Appears to have done very well in bringing up the commercial side but is it a case of as long as he provides the shiny bars and new commercial deals many people are very forgiving as long as they get their nice day out at Easter Road.

Would think he would be kept on by BK over the short term in terms of commercial deals but removed from any football decicions

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    Correct, Dempster was right place right time. Couldn’t get a front of shirt sponsor hence the thank you nhs.
    Didn’t someone pay quite a bit of money to make that happen?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    It won’t be £15m if performances keep up. Fans will vote with their feet. And as we know from the dark days under Petrie, it can take a long time to win them back. Sure we never even used to sell derbies out.
    It will be near 15 mil this year. It's mostly non pitch related income that's grew the rise, sponsorship and corporate facilities plus outside investment on top. Financially we are sailing but that means nothing as we are a football club. I agree fan's can collapse if football side fails hence saying he shouldn't be near footballing decisions

It will be near 15 mil this year. It's mostly non pitch related income that's grew the rise, sponsorship and corporate facilities plus outside investment on top. Financially we are sailing but that means nothing as we are a football club. I agree fan's can collapse if football side fails hence saying he shouldn't be near footballing decisions
    Financially we made a big loss in the last accounts.