hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was in the league cup final, and a good few other games this season. Whether it should be a pen is a different argument, but there's a pile of precedent in the Scottish VAR era to say it is.
    I’ve not seen it back, but at the time the replay looked like Maolida was the one leaning into him. The St J player didn’t look like he was really doing anything.

I can’t even remember who was playing in the LC final other than the sheep so I can’t comment on that one

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I’ve not seen it back, but at the time the replay looked like Maolida was the one leaning into him. The St J player didn’t look like he was really doing anything.

I can’t even remember who was playing in the LC final other than the sheep so I can’t comment on that one
    I'll give you a clue - one team was wearing blue, and it was that team that got a penalty for far less pulling 😆

Edit - and the Saints lad was pulling. Could see it from FFL.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    It doesn’t change things at all in terms of if Marcondes gets something on it, then the goalkeeper gets something on it, then clatters Marcondes, it’s not a foul imo, exact same as it would be if it was on the ground.

I’d have been disappointed had that went against us.
    I honestly think that's a mental take. Football is played on the ground (majority of the time unless you're Hearts).

Their keeper is flying through the air and clatters Marcondes. I can't see how that's not a penalty. Second to the ball without winning it.

It doesn’t change things at all in terms of if Marcondes gets something on it, then the goalkeeper gets something on it, then clatters Marcondes, it’s not a foul imo, exact same as it would be if it was on the ground.

I’d have been disappointed had that went against us.
    There’s examples pretty much every week these days where getting a touch on the ball doesn’t prevent it from being a foul. Marcondes got punched in the puss and a knee in the ribs. It’s a penalty.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Not necessarily. Put the ball on the ground for example. If a forward gets a touch on the ball whilst trying to round the keeper and then the keeper gets a touch the catches the forward, I’m not sure that makes it a penalty. Just because it’s in the air I don’t think that changes.
    Ball wasn't on the ground though. Completely hypothetical and irrelevant take which you aren't even of sure of yourself. It's a penalty.

@hibs.net private member
    I'll give you a clue - one team was wearing blue, and it was that team that got a penalty for far less pulling 😆

Willing to stand corrected, I didn’t think it looked a foul at all at the time and I was watching on Hibs TV so seen replays. Will have a look at the highlights when they’re up and see if they’re on there.

I’ve just had a look at the league cup final, there was no penalty

It was in the league cup final, and a good few other games this season. Whether it should be a pen is a different argument, but there's a pile of precedent in the Scottish VAR era to say it is.
    I wondered at the time if Maolida hadn’t managed to get anything on the ball as he was brought down, if we’d have got a penalty. Haven’t seen a replay yet so not exactly how the challenge went from my seat at half way line.

I thought the Marcondes/keeper one was our weakest shout of the lot but have changed my mind since seeing the replay.

Basically there’s a good chance I’ll have changed my opinion on both incidents once I see highlights. Perhaps proof that we don’t always see what we think from the stands… or that my eyes are really starting to go.

@hibs.net private member
    In the interest of balance, and I’m sure we’ll all be able to disagree on this one as well, I thought Obita was very lucky not to be sent off

Willing to stand corrected, I didn’t think it looked a foul at all at the time and I was watching on Hibs TV so seen replays. Will have a look at the highlights when they’re up and see if they’re on there.

I’ve just had a look at the league cup final, there was no penalty
    Ha!!! You are quite right. Dinnae listen to me, I'm a doughnut. It was a pull on an Aberdeen player in the box that was highlighted and the question was why no VAR?

Wis a penalty today too, but 😋

@hibs.net private member
    Ha!!! You are quite right. Dinnae listen to me, I'm a doughnut. It was a pull on an Aberdeen player in the box that was highlighted and the question was why no VAR?

Wis a penalty today too, but 😋

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Since the County throw in issue, we have had 2 refs (Livi and Today) who have been boringly pedantic about where throw on are taken from.

Piss take or just coincidence.
    Mind Marshall got booked at the first sign of time wasting in that match as well. Don't think St Johnstone even got spoken to about it today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Mind Marshall got booked at the first sign of time wasting in that match as well. Don't think St Johnstone even got spoken to about it today.
    Think back to that Ross County game where they found 7 minutes when nothing had happened in the game. Then played longer. Yet today, 3 goals, subs, VAR checks and St Johnstone taking an age to do anything. 5 minutes added

Our pathetic defending in both games is what has cost us most but the refereeing has not helped us one little bit.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Think back to that Ross County game where they found 7 minutes when nothing had happened in the game. Then played longer. Yet today, 3 goals, subs, VAR checks and St Johnstone taking an age to do anything. 5 minutes added

Our pathetic defending in both games is what has cost us most but the refereeing has not helped us one little bit.
    I'm 100% not blaming the referee today, it would be nice to be refereed the same as other teams though.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Stone wall every day of week. Even sports sound panel said hibs have been hard done by all season and a lot think sports sound are against us. I’m sorry but that’s not even up for debate in my book. I’d expect a pen against us every time if that was other end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Just saw the ‘challenge’ on Emiliano. Stonewall penalty. It looked it at the time. It can’t keep being incompetence from officials. If this had been Marshall they would have given a penalty to the opposition. Corrupt!

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Thats where I stand on it. The tv pictures not great and it is a call that could have gone either way. At present we don’t get these decisions and they also seem to go against us. If that had been awarded against us I wouldn’t have been happy.

I stil, stand by there being no corruption and it’s just poor and inconsistent decision making. A good example, is Motherwell at pittodrie a few weeks back.
    It's corruption

You won't see a clearer foul in the box. As the replays show, Marcondes wins the ball, keeper doesn't get a tocuh on it but punches Marcondes in the face while sticking the boot into his midriff. The VAR had the ability to watch that as many times as he wanted and decided not to apply the rules.

The question has never been is Scottish football corrupt? It's why is it corrupt and to what extent? It's something an investigation in the Rangers/Sevco situtation, which the football authorities said would be pointless, would have shed some light on.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    In the interest of balance, and I’m sure we’ll all be able to disagree on this one as well, I thought Obita was very lucky not to be sent off
    The Obita incident was a carbon copy of the second yellow against Rangers. Neither is a booking but given the way our games are refereed, when it happened I was expecting the worst.

Stonewall penalty all day long
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I was behind the goals - absolute stone Waller for me. Even more than the first one. Defender hauled Myziane down

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    The Obita incident was a carbon copy of the second yellow against Rangers. Neither is a booking but given the way our games are refereed, when it happened I was expecting the worst.
    Not sure about that. You can’t go throwing your arms across someone’s face. I think it was a booking and he was lucky to get away with it.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I’ve always been of the opinion that it’s incompetence, not bias or corruption that referees have seemingly had an agenda against us. Yesterday’s incident has convinced me there is at least an agenda against us.

I don’t believe it’s corruption, I do believe that there’s an anti-Hibs bias against us and there has been for some time.

The referee not giving the penalty and then the VAR not even suggesting it be examined is 2 referees conspiring to put us at a disadvantage imo.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    It's corruption
    I googled corruption and this is what I found.

Corruption is a form of dishonesty or a criminal offense which is undertaken by a person or an organization which is entrusted in a position of authority, in order to acquire illicit benefits or abuse power for one's personal gain.

Thee needs to be some pretty strong evidence to meet that description and for me that evidence does not exist.

The 3 on Sportscene all thought it was a stonewall penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    The 3 on Sportscene all thought it was a stonewall penalty.
    Does that make it corruption, or is it just a bad decision?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    When you look at the Triantis/Souttar coming together, if that was a penalty then the poleaxing of Marcondes is a penalty too.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Not sure why some folk are clutching at straws in an effort to suggest that it wasn't a penalty. Relative to the penalties gifted out to The Rangers this season, this incident was at least 10x the penalty shout compared to anything they've been given.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    There’s examples pretty much every week these days where getting a touch on the ball doesn’t prevent it from being a foul. Marcondes got punched in the puss and a knee in the ribs. It’s a penalty.
    Notwithstanding that, I've watched it numerous times now and I'm still really struggling to see how anyone thinks the keeper got a touch on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Notwithstanding that, I've watched it numerous times now and I'm still really struggling to see how anyone thinks the keeper got a touch on the ball.
    I didn’t think The tv pictures capture it all that clearly. I.e. who got a touch and in what order. It’s the kind of decision where it could go either way. Recent history though suggests these tend to go against us.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I googled corruption and this is what I found.

Corruption is a form of dishonesty or a criminal offense which is undertaken by a person or an organization which is entrusted in a position of authority, in order to acquire illicit benefits or abuse power for one's personal gain.

Thee needs to be some pretty strong evidence to meet that description and for me that evidence does not exist.
    You require it in writing? In triplicate?