hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    The application of VAR for different clubs is a clear sign of corruption. We all know The Rangers would have been given that yesterday. That’s because they’re looking to give decisions for the rangers and Celtic but for other teams they are looking to avoid it at all costs.

I don’t know what we can do, VAR has made Scottish football even worse than it was before - particularly for us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Initial reaction was definitely a pen, having reviewed it several times, still definitely a pen

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Notwithstanding that, I've watched it numerous times now and I'm still really struggling to see how anyone thinks the keeper got a touch on the ball.
    The direction the ball went? What I would say is it definitely merited much more of a look than our friend David Munro merited. It wasn't altogether clear to me but would have been good to see from other angles. Clear assumption would be he was desperate not to give it just like all the other decisions he has given against us.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The direction the ball went? What I would say is it definitely merited much more of a look than our friend David Munro merited. It wasn't altogether clear to me but would have been good to see from other angles. Clear assumption would be he was desperate not to give it just like all the other decisions he has given against us.
    Bit clearer footage here than the twitter clip at 0.30 seconds. Still only the same angles though;
    https://youtu.be/cdSPSBfp2Eo?si=oJRgOmpuzX-yQ1r-

Slow it right down - The keeper comes to punch away from the box but the ball goes up and behind him. If he had punched it it would have surely went away from goal.

Looks like the ball hits the top of Emi's head and the keeper then takes him out. Either way though you are right though its like they dont check things properly when we have a claim whilst they are desperate to find them for Rangers/Celtic.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Bit clearer footage here than the twitter clip at 0.30 seconds. Still only the same angles though;
    https://youtu.be/cdSPSBfp2Eo?si=oJRgOmpuzX-yQ1r-

Slow it right down - The keeper comes to punch away from the box but the ball goes up and behind him. If he had punched it it would have surely went away from goal.

Looks like the ball hits the top of Emi's head and the keeper then takes him out. Either way though you are right though its like they dont check things properly when we have a claim whilst they are desperate to find them for Rangers/Celtic.
    I still think it’s really hard to tell.

I initially said I didn’t think it was a pen. Having watched it back, in slow motion, I’m now not sure either way. I still think it looks like the goalie gets something on it, mainly due to the way the ball spins up in the air.I don’t think it would come off Marcondes’ head like that and I think it would be much more likely that a sclaffed punch from the goalies fist would have it spinning the way it did. I’m trying to picture a ball dropping out the air, that’s not excessively spinning, winning a header in the way Marcondes has and how you’d go about getting the amount of spin onthe ball there ends up being without the goalie touching it. I’m not sure you could.

What I would say though is that if he’s got a touch on it and caused it to spin like that, he’s absolutely not caught it very cleanly and it’s likely nothing more than a slight touch.

If I was pushed to give the version of events that I think has unfolded, I’d probably go for Marcondes gets there first by the slightest of margins, his header is travelling towards goal for a matter of an inch or so and the goalie gets a sclaffed punch on it to make it spin up in the air. I’d say the goalie is probably a very lucky boy, but I still think if it was us, I’d be disappointed if it went against us and I’d be pointing to the goalie getting a touch as well.

Even at 0.25x speed though, it’s difficult to tell from that angle.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 08-04-2024 at 09:43 AM.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I still think it’s really hard to tell.

I initially said I didn’t think it was a pen. Having watched it back, in slow motion, I’m now not sure either way. I still think it looks like the goalie gets something on it, mainly due to the way the ball spins up in the air.I don’t think it would come off Marcondes’ head like that and I think it would be much more likely that a sclaffed punch from the goalies fist would have it spinning the way it did. I’m trying to picture a ball dropping out the air, that’s not excessively spinning, winning a header in the way Marcondes has and how you’d go about getting the amount of spin onthe ball there ends up being without the goalie touching it. I’m not sure you could.

What I would say though is that if he’s got a touch on it and caused it to spin like that, he’s absolutely not caught it very cleanly and it’s likely nothing more than a slight touch.

If I was pushed to give the version of events that I think has unfolded, I’d probably go for Marcondes gets there first by the slightest of margins, his header is travelling towards goal for a matter of an inch or so and the goalie gets a sclaffed punch on it to make it spin up in the air. I’d say the goalie is probably a very lucky boy, but I still think if it was us, I’d be disappointed if it went against us and I’d be pointing to the goalie getting a touch as well.

Even at 0.25x speed though, it’s difficult to tell from that angle.
    I still can't believe Rangers got the Silva penalty and we didn't

You are justifying us not getting it by slight possible touches of the ball etc- Johnson clearly got the ball first yesterday and yet the ref is sent to the screen indicating a clear and obvious error has taken place

It's another very obvious example of 2 tier referring

I'm literally struggling to think of any "could go either way decision by var that has went our way?

To be honest I don't even think that is a could go either way call, it's pretty obviously a foul by the keeper

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I still can't believe Rangers got the Silva penalty and we didn't

You are justifying us not getting it by slight possible touches of the ball etc- Johnson clearly got the ball first yesterday and yet the ref is sent to the screen indicating a clear and obvious error has taken place

It's another very obvious example of 2 tier referring

I'm literally struggling to think of any "could go either way decision by var that has went our way?

To be honest I don't even think that is a could go either way call, it's pretty obviously a foul by the keeper

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Tbh I’m not interested in whether Rangers would have got it. They get everything. I’m really just looking at the incident on its own merit.

Do you think the keeper got a touch? As I said, I’m now in the ‘not sure’ camp in terms of it being a penalty or not, it im still fairly certain the keeper gets something on it which many folk are insistent he didn’t. Whether it’s enough on it, or whether it should still be a pen as Marcondes beats him to it by a millisecond etc is another story and probably where the doubt creeps into my mind.

The keeper getting a touch is probably why I’d be disappointed if it went against us and is the reason I’d be saying it wasn’t a penalty. I’d be arguing it’s essentially a 50/50 and both players have got something on it.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 08-04-2024 at 10:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It should have been a penalty, that the referee want sent to look at it was ridiculous. It certainly feels like the referees have circled the wagons after some heat from us and they're trying to make sure we don't get ideas about doing it again.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Craig levein said St Johnstone got away with one and Michael Stewart thought it was a penalty too.
    The amount of decisions that have went against us this year is unbelievable. I do wonder what they've cost us in points this season.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...bs-vs-28957998

I think over the last few days my position has reversed a little bit on the shout, after initially thinking it wasn't a penalty (primarily because I felt the keeper got the ball). But after all the uproar over the Silva penalty it seems most of my thoughts on why it wasn't a foul from Mitov don't really hold up to any scrutiny when you apply the laws the way they're explaining them post Sunday.

I think Liam it was on the DTS podcast summed it up quite well that it's another in a long list of marginal or 50/50 decisions that we're not getting and that's probably where more the frustration is lying in that we're not being refereed to the same standard as others are.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Craig levein said St Johnstone got away with one and Michael Stewart thought it was a penalty too.
    The amount of decisions that have went against us this year is unbelievable. I do wonder what they've cost us in points this season.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...bs-vs-28957998
    It might ultimately cost us Top 6, a crack at European football, and Montgomery his job. I absolutely hate VAR simply because it finally confirms how corrupt the game is up here. I do hope someone is keeping details and a tally of the horrific decisions we're getting. Should make a great compilation video.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Just watched the , ahem, highlights. Slowed the penalty incident down to 0.25 and for me not seeing any doubt about it. No touch from the keeper, reckless challenge on Marcondes any way, keeper just jumps with the knee raised, straight into him. Marcondes was very lucky not to be hurt there.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    It might ultimately cost us Top 6, a crack at European football, and Montgomery his job. I absolutely hate VAR simply because it finally confirms how corrupt the game is up here. I do hope someone is keeping details and a tally of the horrific decisions we're getting. Should make a great compilation video.
    While there's other reasons for a poor season too . I do feel that some of the decisions have ultimately cost us points and I do have a certain sympathy for Monty if he loses his Job because we missed out on top 6 by a point or two , never mind what it could have cost the club financially too .

Compilation video would be a great idea btw . It's been unreal the amount we've had !.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It should have been a penalty, that the referee want sent to look at it was ridiculous. It certainly feels like the referees have circled the wagons after some heat from us and they're trying to make sure we don't get ideas about doing it again.
    Absolutely the case with David Munro front and centre of a lot of it. Var on Saturday ref at Dingwall with the throw in 7 mins injury time and throw in taken from another country. Ref at sheep when Devlin played basket ball in genuinely the worst decision of the season. A few others also.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    While there's other reasons for a poor season too . I do feel that some of the decisions have ultimately cost us points and I do have a certain sympathy for Monty if he loses his Job because we missed out on top 6 by a point or two , never mind what it could have cost the club financially too .

Compilation video would be a great idea btw . It's been unreal the amount we've had !.
    It all adds up, and while some decisions have undoubtedly cost us points we can’t escape the facts that if Monty is to be here next season we need to see a big improvement on a lot we’ve seen this season. Turning those dropped points into scrappy wins has not been helped though by so many ridiculous decisions going against us.

Contrast that to Hearts and the number of times they dig out something like Saturday, where a penalty and an OG was enough to get the win. Good fortune has been in short supply for us.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It all adds up, and while some decisions have undoubtedly cost us points we can’t escape the facts that if Monty is to be here next season we need to see a big improvement on a lot we’ve seen this season. Turning those dropped points into scrappy wins has not been helped though by so many ridiculous decisions going against us.

Contrast that to Hearts and the number of times they dig out something like Saturday, where a penalty and an OG was enough to get the win. Good fortune has been in short supply for us.
    St Mirren should also have had a penalty against Hearts.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

100% agree with you on if Monty's still our manager next season and gets the summer to recruit and a good pre-season then there has to be a big improvement. I'd say we would have given him a fair enough chance at that stage.

Some folk would say you make your own luck which to a degree is true though I do think this year on occasions if it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any ☹️ .

@hibs.net private member
    Watch the ALF penalty claim at 0.25 speed. Doesn't look offside and does look like he was fouled, The more I watch the Marcondes one the more it is a stonewaller, The Maolida one is a better shout for a penalty than half of those given against us this season too.

That is 3 credible claims for a pen in one game. They never looked at ALF's I dont think, not sure they looked at Maolida's and the one we are playing in super slow and taking a long time to decide on they dismissed fairly quickly. Is there some sort of rule that every possibility for a penalty against us and they will stop teh game for an age to see if there is an angle that supports and award. While if we have a fairly obvious claim it isn't even looked at or dismissed after one angle in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    aye but it's not like VAR overturned the refs decision for not giving the pen v st J or the ref not giving the pen v Aberdeen, or Boyle getting booked v Celtic? I also think more pressure needs to be put on the linesmen and women. they are sometimes in a better position to see things and could (and used to much more) indicate fouls etc. feels like they are scared to disagree with the ref or offer any guidance?

@hibs.net private member
    Makes you wonder why linesmen are still there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Just watched the , ahem, highlights. Slowed the penalty incident down to 0.25 and for me not seeing any doubt about it. No touch from the keeper, reckless challenge on Marcondes any way, keeper just jumps with the knee raised, straight into him. Marcondes was very lucky not to be hurt there.
    Do you not question how the ball spun up in the air like it did without a touch from the keeper?

That’s not to say you’re wrong in thinking it’s a pen. I’m still undecided. There’s little doubt in my mind the keeper makes contact with the ball though, I think the flight and spin of the ball shows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Do you not question how the ball spun up in the air like it did without a touch from the keeper?

That’s not to say you’re wrong in thinking it’s a pen. I’m still undecided. There’s little doubt in my mind the keeper makes contact with the ball though, I think the flight and spin of the ball shows that.
    The ball came off of Marcondes' head. He got his head to the ball while he was being punched in the face.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    The ball came off of Marcondes' head. He got his head to the ball while he was being punched in the face.
    It did indeed. The ball then spins in the air, directly upwards a way that it absolutely wouldn’t have had the keeper not made contact with it. He didn’t get punched whilst winning the header. He got punched after he won the header and after the keeper touched it. It all happens very quickly, and having only one camera angle isn’t great, but given the spin on the ball, the direction the ball initially travels and the fact the ball ends up suddenly going directly up in the air, whilst considering the position of the two players in question that’s the logical chain of events imo.

Marcondes’ header doesn’t put that spin on the ball. Whether it’s enough contact from the keeper is another question, but he undoubtedly gets something on it imo.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 11-04-2024 at 09:32 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I was shouting for it at the time - albeit it's becoming pretty routine for our players to be cleaned out in and around the opposition area with the ref playing on as if nothing had happened - H&S be damned - it's only Hibs eh? Who cares if our players die of head injuries?!?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Marcondes wins the header then the keeper steamrollers him. It doesn't get more stonewaller than that?

Does their keeper get the ball? No.
    Does their keeper make contact with Marcondes? Yes

Has to be a pen.
    Keeper gets a vague knuckle on the ball, but only after utterly clobbering Marcondes. Up there with the Aberdeen non handball and Boyle non penalty vs Celtic as the worst VAR horror shows we've recently been subject to.