hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Dundee win on Saturday the split is persevered. Any other result and we (and Motherwell) are in with a shout of top 6.

J
    Arguably not because they've now gained an advantage in that they're now not having to play Aberdeen away 3 days after playing Rangers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Climate changes fault as they can prove rainfall is at an all time high. They’ve done everything possible to put the game on.

Well this was the comments of a Dundee spokesman’s earlier.

Pitch should be fit for purpose. Points deduction.
    RFC have been up there since yesterday, poor souls.
    But it is ridiculous.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    They should be getting fined, docked points or forced to play at a neutral venue. It's shambolic for a top flight club to be so poorly run that they can't fulfill their obligations time and time again.

The fact they're gaining a sporting advantage due to their own incompetence should be considered when deciding their punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Total farce. League should have forced Dundee to have a contingency plan in case the pitch was unplayable, behind closed doors at Tannadice or elsewhere if need be.

This has been on the cards for at least a week. An alternate venue / over the road should have been available. As per a shambles.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Just for all those suggesting its all Dundees fault - they do have a drainage problem due to a burn running under that corner of Dens, but the SPFL had it in their powers to request a change of venue - and that should have been discussed last week.

Leaving the tears and snotters till the matchday is amateur from the SPFL.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Are they ever going to move to that proposed new ground at Camperdown Park?
    Utd knocked it back at the last minute

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Why was the game not played last week?

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Why was the game not played last week?
    You know why. The old firm game was this weekend. Can't have the huns playing midweek before it.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Just for all those suggesting its all Dundees fault - they do have a drainage problem due to a burn running under that corner of Dens, but the SPFL had it in their powers to request a change of venue - and that should have been discussed last week.

Leaving the tears and snotters till the matchday is amateur from the SPFL.
    How does the burn affect them?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They're up to their knees in Burn Water.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 10-04-2024 at 05:45 PM.

These things happen, the farmers are complaining about the amount of rain stop moaning about it. I am sure Dundee are not happy and will probably spend money in the close season on the pitch. Motherwell had problems a few seasons ago until we can control the weather just get on with it

Blog Entries
    From the Huns’ statement:

RANGERS has written to the SPFL outlining its position following today’s further postponement of the Dundee Scottish Premiership fixture.

Bit pedantic, but, given their paranoia with making statements, nothing wrong with picking holes in the quality of their outbursts. Unless they had written ‘Rangers FC’’, the plural term of the verb should apply. Or, it might be a subliminal admission of their true name, ‘THE RANGERS’.

On reflection, their grammar might prove to be correct, but what the hell, any criticism of these sods is fair game in my book.
    Last edited by Jim44; 10-04-2024 at 06:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I believe that when there is a deluge, the burn (which is underground) cant handle the volume and the water has to go somewhere.

I used to work in Safeways at Cameron Toll as a nipper, and similar happened there a few times, flooded the centre.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I wonder if there might end up being a possibility of our game on Saturday being moved to the same time as the Dundee/Rangers game next midweek?

Hearts could benefit from this, as it’s only a few days before the semi final.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    when are the first post split matches due to be played ?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    when are the first post split matches due to be played ?
    Two weeks on Saturday i think. Scottish cup semis next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I wonder if there might end up being a possibility of our game on Saturday being moved to the same time as the Dundee/Rangers game next midweek?
    No chance IMO. They’re not going to do that when it could end up being an irrelevance by then anyway.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    No chance IMO. They’re not going to do that when it could end up being an irrelevance by then anyway.
    It could well be an irrelevance after Saturday, but maybe provision needs to be made in case of the game being wholly relevant to both ourselves and Motherwell.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Hibs and Motherwell haven’t already been in discussion today following the Dundee postponement to look at exactly where we stand with this.

Waiting to see what happens on Saturday obviously can’t be one of the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I have to confess I stopped reading after ‘it’s amusing that Rangers are inconvenienced.’

Aye hilarious Bob, meantime Hibs are disadvantaged by this, as are Motherwell, whilst the club who have taken the piss now get the benefit of having knowledge of what they need to get into the top 6.

Dundee have gamed the system on multiple levels, made the league look even more of a mockery than normal, and their punishment for that is… getting an advantage over their nearest rivals. But yeah, let’s think it’s funny because it’s rangers who are inconvenienced.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Not only is this shambles helping Dundee secure top six , it’s giving the Gorgie mob an advantage against Rangers in their semi final .

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Not only is this shambles helping Dundee secure top six , it’s giving the Gorgie mob an advantage against Rangers in their semi final .
    The Huns could play the night before the semi final and still pump Hearts. Not worried about that at all.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It could well be an irrelevance after Saturday, but maybe provision needs to be made in case of the game being wholly relevant to both ourselves and Motherwell.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Hibs and Motherwell haven’t already been in discussion today following the Dundee postponement to look at exactly where we stand with this.

We should play the weekend after, as we both have a free Saturday

I don’t think either will be overly concerned about it.

Just play the game and get our own job done for me.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Absolute shambles of a club.

@hibs.net private member
    I can't understand why they didn't have Tannadice ready as a last minute alternative. Have a pitch inspection early morning and if any doubt move the game 100 metres or so. It has a bigger capacity so no issues there and Dundee are punished by having to pay for the hire of their rivals ground. They have had plenty time to make alternative arrangements and for me you can't gain a sporting advantage for a mess of your own making. They should have a have points deduction and the game can be played next week. Even then they could win and be top 6 so there is still a potential advantage.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Hibs have made their feelings clear to the SPFL according to the Record on X.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Climate changes fault as they can prove rainfall is at an all time high. They’ve done everything possible to put the game on.

Well this was the comments of a Dundee spokesman’s earlier.
    So true, I remember the climate change walking past Tannadice to Dens before … … unnatural it was … so lucky Dundee Utd are, their stadium being in a different climate altogether from Dundee.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Aye hilarious Bob, meantime Hibs are disadvantaged by this, as are Motherwell, whilst the club who have taken the piss now get the benefit of having knowledge of what they need to get into the top 6.

Dundee have gamed the system on multiple levels, made the league look even more of a mockery than normal, and their punishment for that is… getting an advantage over their nearest rivals. But yeah, let’s think it’s funny because it’s rangers who are inconvenienced.
    There's a chance that Bob was making a joke.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!