hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    McCoist is a very smart, intelligent man who knows exactly the buttons to press to keep onside with base camp but also knows exactly how to keep the paymasters onside.

Condemning the racism, sectarianism and extreme English Nationalism would alienate both bases so you will never hear that in a million years.

Listen to anything he says around football's edges and you can see he knows exactly what he is doing and is very clever with it.

It's a bit like your Hibs fan who claims his Sevco mate "is a good guy no like aww the rest" as not scratching to deep is a much safer option because you know exactly what you will find but prefer not to.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 05-04-2024 at 02:44 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop talking nonsense.

" While I’m used to the gross distraction techniques used by the more extreme faction of trans activism, the claim that I am a holocaust denier is baseless and disgusting. As can be easily seen from my own Twitter (X) account, I have always been a staunch supporter of the Jewish community and have spoken out consistently and repeatedly against antisemitism. I’m familiar with such activists’ assertions that transgender people have been uniquely persecuted and oppressed throughout history, but claims that trans people were ‘the first targets’ of the Nazis – a claim I refuted on X, and which led to these accusations – and that I ‘uphold [Nazi] ideology around gender’ is a new low".

https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/s...th-march-2024/

The thought police are very active on hibs.net today

Here's a bit more context

https://www.spiked-online.com/2024/0...ocaust-denier/

Trans-activist bullies, who so often delight in sending death and rape threats to the Harry Potter author, are now suggesting she is a Holocaust denier. It should go without saying that this is an absurd and defamatory slur. It is also one that’s being increasingly employed against anyone who dares to question the trans lobby’s latest attempt to rewrite history.

Now, can we get back to McCoist and his daft comments and leave the nonsense about JK to the holy ground , where there has been a pretty good discussion around GRA reform etc?
    I didn't say she was a holocaust denier, I chose my words very carefully because being a holocaust denier is a very particular thing.

She had a go at someone saying the Nazis burnt trans books and destroyed research, which is a historical fact they did, in the 1933 burning of the contents of the Instute for Sexology (8 years prior to the beginning of the holocaust, which is why I never referred to her as that). She used the old 'do your research' line, and was rightly called on it, and was then advised she should maybe also do some research before commenting.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Not sure that thousands will be breaking the law at Easter Road.

Which particular song or chant do you think falls foul of the new law?
    I’m fairly confident thousands of people will be hurling abuse at players and fans on Saturday at Easter Road.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    He said he was going to break the law by singing Rangers songs which we all know some of them clearly break the law.
    IMG_0172.jpg

He said this. Never once said he was going to sing a song, or anything regarding sectarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    IMG_0172.jpg

He said this. Never once said he was going to sing a song, or anything regarding sectarianism.
    I know he’s not the brightest but surely his statement was more coherent than that?

@hibs.net private member
    I’m fairly confident thousands of people will be hurling abuse at players and fans on Saturday at Easter Road.
    Which isn't in itself, a breach of the new law, though I'm fairly confident there won't be thousand hurling abuse at a Hibs v St Johnstone game.

IMG_0172.jpg

So we can’t read between the lines - are we really supposed to be that stupid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Spectacularly missing what the bill is all about and falling for the anti Scottish government line. If I call someone a ****ing prick that is not a hate crime. If I call them a fenian/orange/****/****/****** etc prick then that is likely to be within the bill. Shouting abuse at someone isn't a hate crime. You could actually be done with a breach of the peace I believe for shouting abuse at someone. And that is decades and decades old legislation

Glad to see the **** work!!

Which won’t be in breach of the hate crime laws.

@hibs.net private member
    IMG_0172.jpg

If he's not meaning sectarianism, then what does he mean? Racism?

IMG_0172.jpg

He knew exactly what he was saying and its why he has now gone to ground and has said he won't be at the game

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I'll tell you something, I think you're spot on, I really do.
    And I’ll tell you something, I don’t mind that! I don’t mind it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I don't see how I've made a hell of a jump? I've even given him somewhat the benefit of doubt on what he meant by it.

He said the words, not sure how else they can be interpreted?
    He never mentioned sectarianism once. He just said ‘he like 48,000 other Rangers fans’ would likely breach the act on Saturday.

During the game at ER on Saturday, thousands of fans from both sides will be hurling abuse at each other, players and the referee just as they will at every other Premiership game on Saturday and I may be one of them. Does that make me any different from McCoist?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by babahibs View Post
    If he's not meaning sectarianism, then what does he mean? Racism?
    So sectarianism and racism is all this act covers is it?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    He never mentioned sectarianism once. He just said ‘he like 48,000 other Rangers fans’ would likely breach the act on Saturday.

During the game at ER on Saturday, thousands of fans from both sides will be hurling abuse at each other, players and the referee just as they will at every other Premiership game on Saturday and I may be one of them. Does that make me any different from McCoist?
    What part of the act do you think he was referring to in which he expects 48,000 Rangers fans breach it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar

Will you be hurling racist, xenophobic, transphobic or sectarian abuse? if yes then it wouldn't make you any different from what mccoist is based on what he implied he would be doing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by babahibs View Post
    Which isn't in itself, a breach of the new law, though I'm fairly confident there won't be thousand hurling abuse at a Hibs v St Johnstone game.
    Hurling abuse is hateful. Does it breach this nonsense law? Who knows. I’ve watched the ********s who introduced it this week fail to explain it correctly and contradict each other and even the police don’t seem to know. But Ally McCoist is apparently an expert.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Will you be hurling racist, xenophobic, transphobic or sectarian abuse? if yes then it wouldn't make you any different from what mccoist is based on what he implied he would be doing.
    Show me where he implied it?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...AtOJYtfr5b_Db3

Not sure if the link works, trying to do it on my phone but explained really well here by a professor of law. But it appears that some folk don't want to listen to a professor of law but they will believe the daily record and Ally McCoist. And to say the police don't understand it is laughable. They understand it enough to have dismissed the various bull**** reports so far, including the Rowling one.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    I didn't say she was a holocaust denier, I chose my words very carefully because being a holocaust denier is a very particular thing.

She had a go at someone saying the Nazis burnt trans books and destroyed research, which is a historical fact they did, in the 1933 burning of the contents of the Instute for Sexology (8 years prior to the beginning of the holocaust, which is why I never referred to her as that). She used the old 'do your research' line, and was rightly called on it, and was then advised she should maybe also do some research before commenting.
    Sorry, but I'll not take your word for any of the above.

Well done for being so considered with your initial post, but I never said that you said she was a holocaust denier? What I quoted referred to on-line trans activist bullies who have of course called her a holocaust denier and much more.

The quote also said "I’m familiar with such activists’ assertions that transgender people have been uniquely persecuted and oppressed throughout history, but claims that trans people were ‘the first targets’ of the Nazis – a claim I refuted on X, and which led to these accusations – and that I ‘uphold [Nazi] ideology around gender’ is a new low".

I'm not aware of evidence to support any claim that Rowling has denied Nazi war crimes though.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 05-04-2024 at 04:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...AtOJYtfr5b_Db3

Not sure if the link works, trying to do it on my phone but explained really well here by a professor of law. But it appears that some folk don't want to listen to a professor of law but they will believe the daily record and Ally McCoist. And to say the police don't understand it is laughable. They understand it enough to have dismissed the various bull**** reports so far, including the Rowling one.
    The irony of it as this nonsense law could appear to have broken by poster/s on here.

He’s been called a hun. If he perceives that as abuse and he beliefs he has been called that due to his background, then he can report as a crime.

The irony of it as this nonsense law could appear to have broken by poster/s on here.

He’s been called a hun. If he perceives that as abuse and he beliefs he has been called that due to his background, then he can report as a crime.
    You're wrong yet again because hun has been deemed by law not to be a sectarian slur

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

What section of that Act does this fall under?

Hurling abuse is hateful. Does it breach this nonsense law? Who knows. I’ve watched the ********s who introduced it this week fail to explain it correctly and contradict each other and even the police don’t seem to know. But Ally McCoist is apparently an expert.
    Anyone who's read the legislation would know. It's very clear and easy to understand, but reading it is crucial to understanding it.

Blog Entries
    You're wrong yet again because hun has been deemed by law not to be a sectarian slur
    Being called a hun isn’t a sectarian slur?

I certainly know people who feel it is, and if they interpret it as that, it can be reported as a hate crime.

Being called a hun isn’t a sectarian slur?

I certainly know people who feel it is, and if they interpret it as that, it can be reported as a hate crime.
    They can report it all they want it will go nowhere. And you can remove the question mark from your first line, that is a statement if fact

Blog Entries
    They can report it all they want it will go nowhere. And you can remove the question mark from your first line, that is a statement if fact
    The question mark is the key part as it’s all down to the victims perception.

If the victim felt they were called a hun due to their background(religious in this case) then it can be considered as a hate crime.

It’ll likely go nowhere, but it meets the criteria of a hate crime.

@hibs.net private member
    The question mark is the key part as it’s all down to the victims perception.

If the victim felt they were called a hun due to their background(religious in this case) then it can be considered as a hate crime.

It’ll likely go nowhere, but it meets the criteria of a hate crime.
    What does that have to do with what McCoist said? He said that he and 48,000 other Huns would be breaking the law.

Promising Youngster
    I’ve lived in Yorkshire for 24 years now and have not really followed the new law and what it will mean north of the border, but singing sectarian songs at football matches was already illegal. People have been done for it. It’s just that 99.999999 per of the time it’s ignored. Not sure what the new law brings to the party.