This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have got to be joking
    No. Because that’s what he said.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I can't tell if this is a whoosh moment for me but the guy has basically admitted he'll be breaking a law that, for the most part, is centred around stopping people from being bigots.

Maybe in his head he was trying to be a smart arse and make some sort of political point about the law itself or he maybe was trying to be too funny for his own good and claim 'hatred' for Celtic comes under the law. I don't know what was going through his head. But it's a very silly comment to make knowing full well what the law is designed to stop, and the sectarianism that goes with this fixture.
    That’s one hell of a jump.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He never even mentioned the songs. All he said is it’s likely that likely that he and 50 odd thousand others would likely break it on Sunday. That’s just stating a fact.

The likelihood is that thousands of people will breach it at Easter Road an aw on Saturday.
    How will thousands of people breach it at Easter Road tomorrow?

I certainly won't.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    He never even mentioned the songs. All he said is it’s likely that likely that he and 50 odd thousand others would likely break it on Sunday. That’s just stating a fact.

The likelihood is that thousands of people will breach it at Easter Road an aw on Saturday.
    Not sure that thousands will be breaking the law at Easter Road.

Which particular song or chant do you think falls foul of the new law?

@hibs.net private member

He doesn’t need to recite the songbook for us to know what he means, he was boasting to his pals there’s a hate law passed and he’s going to a game full of hatred his pals on the radio all know why there’s hatred, a guy with a platform saying the law is stupid and not the religious bigotry at a football game in 2024 shows how difficult it will be to eradicate this from our society, they don’t see any wrong in it, hurty words, normalised, it’s fine to be anti catholic and sing songs broadcast to the nation about it in Scotland, do you think it would be so easy going for him if he made this reference to attending a chelsea v spurs game for example, he’d have been out on his ample behind

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He has to be done as a pundit now
    Why? The bar for losing a job for doing or saying something a little bit stupid is creeping ever lower.

If this is worthy of him not longer being employable by the media then good luck finding anyone squeaky clean to replace him. Even better luck finding someone squeaky clean with anything resembling a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Why? The bar for losing a job for doing or saying something a little bit stupid is creeping ever lower.

If this is worthy of him not longer being employable by the media then good luck finding anyone squeaky clean to replace him. Even better luck finding someone squeaky clean with anything resembling a personality.
    He should be done as a pundit because he is awful never mind anything else.
    The "excited wee boy just a fan really" routine is well past its Sell by date.

What law are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    He doesn’t need to recite the songbook for us to know what he means, he was boasting to his pals there’s a hate law passed and he’s going to a game full of hatred his pals on the radio all know why there’s hatred, a guy with a platform saying the law is stupid and not the religious bigotry at a football game in 2024 shows how difficult it will be to eradicate this from our society, they don’t see any wrong in it, hurty words, normalised, it’s fine to be anti catholic and sing songs broadcast to the nation about it in Scotland, do you think it would be so easy going for him if he made this reference to attending a chelsea v spurs game for example, he’d have been out on his ample behind

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    No. Because that’s what he said.
    He said he was going to break the law by singing Rangers songs which we all know some of them clearly break the law.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    McCoist is a slaver and was obviously just playing to the TalkSport gallery (generally fat middle aged baldies sitting at the end of a bar in Hull or Croydon).

He has subsequently said that he isnt even going to the match, as he is on childminding duties.

First Team Regular
    I have to admit that I quite liked him as a pundit until he came out with this.

@hibs.net private member

He said that he and 50000 others would be breaking the law. That doesn't mean hating Celtic as that would not be breaking the law. It means singing sectarian bile.

What bile are we likely to sing?

Quote Originally Posted by ElginHibbie View Post
    Don't forgot her getting involved in some casual holocaust denial, and then completely moving the goalposts when called out on it, when it comes to the trans community

Rowling is a radicalised bully who hides behind her posting being about women's rights when it really just comes from a place of hate
    It's not hateful to speak the truth.

Is it wrong for a hibs, celtic, Real Madrid, west ham or River Plate fan to hate a hearts, rangers, Barcelona, millwall or Boca fan?

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    While some may agree, let's stick to football.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    While some may agree, let's stick to football.
    No problem.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Deleted my message and moved it to Holy Ground thread

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Is it wrong for a hibs, celtic, Real Madrid, west ham or River Plate fan to hate a hearts, rangers, Barcelona, millwall or Boca fan?
    None of those are legally protected groups. Neither are aesthetically or folically challenged people, so you can give both barrels to baldies or Stevie Fulton without fear of sanction.

If they were to hand out banning orders for people singing hate crime songs, Parkhead and Ibrox would be as full/empty as most other grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Except, especially in the denial of Nazi crimes, she wasn't anywhere near speaking the truth.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Except, especially in the denial of Nazi crimes, she wasn't anywhere near speaking the truth.

Stop talking nonsense.

" While I’m used to the gross distraction techniques used by the more extreme faction of trans activism, the claim that I am a holocaust denier is baseless and disgusting. As can be easily seen from my own Twitter (X) account, I have always been a staunch supporter of the Jewish community and have spoken out consistently and repeatedly against antisemitism. I’m familiar with such activists’ assertions that transgender people have been uniquely persecuted and oppressed throughout history, but claims that trans people were ‘the first targets’ of the Nazis – a claim I refuted on X, and which led to these accusations – and that I ‘uphold [Nazi] ideology around gender’ is a new low".

https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/s...th-march-2024/

The thought police are very active on hibs.net today

Here's a bit more context

https://www.spiked-online.com/2024/0...ocaust-denier/

Trans-activist bullies, who so often delight in sending death and rape threats to the Harry Potter author, are now suggesting she is a Holocaust denier. It should go without saying that this is an absurd and defamatory slur. It is also one that’s being increasingly employed against anyone who dares to question the trans lobby’s latest attempt to rewrite history.

Now, can we get back to McCoist and his daft comments and leave the nonsense about JK to the holy ground , where there has been a pretty good discussion around GRA reform etc?
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 05-04-2024 at 12:23 PM.

That’s one hell of a jump.
    I don't see how I've made a hell of a jump? I've even given him somewhat the benefit of doubt on what he meant by it.

He said the words, not sure how else they can be interpreted?

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Stop talking nonsense.

" While I’m used to the gross distraction techniques used by the more extreme faction of trans activism, the claim that I am a holocaust denier is baseless and disgusting. As can be easily seen from my own Twitter (X) account, I have always been a staunch supporter of the Jewish community and have spoken out consistently and repeatedly against antisemitism. I’m familiar with such activists’ assertions that transgender people have been uniquely persecuted and oppressed throughout history, but claims that trans people were ‘the first targets’ of the Nazis – a claim I refuted on X, and which led to these accusations – and that I ‘uphold [Nazi] ideology around gender’ is a new low".

https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/s...th-march-2024/

The thought police are very active on hibs.net today

Here's a bit more context

https://www.spiked-online.com/2024/0...ocaust-denier/

Now, can we get back to McCoist and his daft comments and leave the nonsense about JK to the holy ground , where there has been a pretty good discussion around GRA reform etc?
    Bummer. It was just getting interesting, but okay.

I think the problem in our social media era is that we are divided into tribes and seem compelled to back one or the other. Scottish sectarianism as promoted historically by two clubs to their own financial advantage obviously predates the internet but has been ossified by it.

Pre internet many people outside the Hun tribe might have said “he’s just having a laugh at/wee dig at sectarianism.” Now he literally and audibly is, through our texts and airways ‘up to his ears and eyes in fienian blood.’

A Hun is a Hun is a Hun, even the so called good ones just scratch the surface and see.
    He is a wee fat gardening Hun who took money off the club he says he would break the law for.

Quote Originally Posted by ElginHibbie View Post
    Don't forgot her getting involved in some casual holocaust denial, and then completely moving the goalposts when called out on it, when it comes to the trans community

Rowling is a radicalised bully who hides behind her posting being about women's rights when it really just comes from a place of hate
    A radicalised bully and holocaust denier? Stop making things up

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The "excited wee boy just a fan really" routine is well past its Sell by date.
    I completely agree with this and have been saying for some time. The reason most give for enjoying his commentary more than others is because he’s passionate and seems genuinely excited to be watching the games (in stark contrast to a Danny Murphy or Mark Lawrenson for example).

I totally get that. But it’s now been a long time he’s been doing the same excited routine without adding much in the way of insight or knowledge, and I actually find him boring and irritating now. I really do.

He also has a bizarre tendency, when someone scores an absolute screamer, to focus on a 5 yd straight forward pass in the lead-up and shout about it (“I’m going to tell you something, the finish is great, but this pass from…” for minutes as if he’s seen something the ordinary punter wouldn’t notice.

Saying that, I could count on one hand the amount of co-commentators that don’t annoy me and genuinely add something. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s a bit of a difficult role, and/or not a very necessary one.

He’s also a bit of a hun dick.
    Last edited by WeeRussell; 05-04-2024 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I completely agree with this and have been saying for some time. The reason most give for enjoying his commentary more than others is because he’s passionate and seems genuinely excited to be watching the games (in stark contrast to a Danny Murphy or Mark Lawrenson for example).

I totally get that. But it’s now been a long time he’s been doing the same excited routine without adding much in the way of insight or knowledge, and I actually find him boring and irritating now. I really do.

He also has a bizarre tendency, when someone scores an absolute screamer, to focus on a 5 yd straight forward pass in the lead-up and shout about it (“I’m going to tell you something, the finish is great, but this pass from…” for minutes as if he’s seen something the ordinary punter wouldn’t notice.

Saying that, I could count on one hand the amount of co-commentators that don’t annoy me and genuinely add something. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s a bit of a difficult role, and/or not a very necessary one.

He’s also a bit of a hun dick.
    I'll tell you something, I think you're spot on, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    Let's not forget him demanding the names of the people responsible for imposing a transfer ban on the old incarnation.

He was a horrible wee cheat as a player and I for one am not fooled by the cheeky chappy facade he puts on now.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Yep,totally agree.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I'll tell you something, I think you're spot on, I really do.
    😂