hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'd imagine he's jumped in with both feet and he's referring to simply hating Celtic. I could imagine an ex-Hibs player saying it about Hearts. Just because the sectarianism is there doesn't mean it HAS to be about that. People can be clumsy, especially live on air.

Too late though, as it's grown all sorts of limbs and now it's a big massive thing. Like everything has to be these days.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said he would be breaching the bill along with all Rangers fans. Think it was clear
    No surprise that one set of fans hate their main rivals and vice versa, I think it points out how many people are still unsure how this new law will work.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    No surprise that one set of fans hate their main rivals and vice versa, I think it points out how many people are still unsure how this new law will work.
    I think there are certain categories of hate defined in the law

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Think he’s made a light hearted comment about how open to interpretation/ easy breached the daft new law is and it’s been blown well out of proportion. I personally couldn’t give a crap and he’s still one of the few decent commentators out there at the moment.
    Yeah a bit like Roy Keane and the Hibs pun league chat, much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Scottish football’s very own JK Rowling.

The huns exist in this pathetic little bubble where they cant see how objectionable their culture is to everyone else. I have a friend who’s currently’starring’ in this weird but successful play called The Journey Back, dramatising the Rangers’ inevitable rise through the divisions as some sort of glorious rags to riches story. Touring mostly provincial wee theatres across Scotland, immediately sold out immediately in Belfast of course. The lack of awareness, that this story is actually about a cheating institution historically steeped in prejudice and bigotry seems to have passed my actress friend by, she thinks its great.
    None of that applies to JK Rowling.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cubehindthegoal View Post
    I do … but I have family and friends who have been affected directly … including minors … by what this so called solution is designed to eradicate .. very very weakly though .. and they are actually emphasising that as they issue the legislation - so cowardly done - by saying the “bar will be set very high” to criminalise … so those who love their prejudices, well they can just crack on abusing,, as that’s what Scotland allows … “the bar is set high” … and that’s before we even come remotely close to talking about bigotry and suchlike … this won’t even touch that, don’t be fooled. We see, week after week, evidence of that…
    You know it will be an Aberdeen fan or a Hibs fan who will be prosecuted first.

Ignoring the 50k bigoted songs being sung every week across the OF.

J

@hibs.net private member
    Pah - he's not even the first player I've witnessed in the flesh scoring an overhead kick in a League Cup Final.

That honour goes to Dennis Tueart.

Rather obviously, and in keeping with the last x decades, this law will not see mass prosecutions of bigoted songs - impossible to police on that scale.

I've not been keeping tabs on it as it obviously doesn't apply where I live, but is there not a bit of hoo hah because of the depth the legislation tries to reach, meaning that "you Jambo *******s" could get you into trouble as it targets a group with a theoretically offensive term?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    I used to quite like him on co comms until he started to cry about ‘SNP Supporters’ booing GSTK Vs England.

Chump.
    we are all entitled to our opinions, and i think booing any anthem is classless

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeshibs View Post
    we are all entitled to our opinions, and i think booing any anthem is classless
    Agree

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Rather obviously, and in keeping with the last x decades, this law will not see mass prosecutions of bigoted songs - impossible to police on that scale.

I've not been keeping tabs on it as it obviously doesn't apply where I live, but is there not a bit of hoo hah because of the depth the legislation tries to reach, meaning that "you Jambo *******s" could get you into trouble as it targets a group with a theoretically offensive term?
    No, needs to be against a people with "protected characteristics" ie age, disability, sexuality etc and even then it would need to be pretty extreme language for anyone to actually get into trouble for stirring up hatred

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Let's not forget him demanding the names of the people responsible for imposing a transfer ban on the old incarnation.

He was a horrible wee cheat as a player and I for one am not fooled by the cheeky chappy facade he puts on now.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

He’s such a crap co commentator too - the world would lose absolutely nothing if he was cancelled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    None of that applies to JK Rowling.
    …but hes playing the same ‘arrest me if you dare Police Scotland for doing whats just common sense’ card that Rowling has been recently. Boring culturewar pish. These people should have the ‘Just dont be a dick’ mantra.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    Let's not forget him demanding the names of the people responsible for imposing a transfer ban on the old incarnation.

He was a horrible wee cheat as a player and I for one am not fooled by the cheeky chappy facade he puts on now.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He has to be done as a pundit now

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post

100%

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree
    +1

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    …but hes playing the same ‘arrest me if you dare Police Scotland for doing whats just common sense’ card that Rowling has been recently. Boring culturewar pish. These people should have the ‘Just dont be a dick’ mantra.
    Using your high profile to draw a line in the sand when it comes to the new law's impact on women's rights is common sense. Giving what many of the Rangers fans will view as a high-profile nod of approval to the poisonous stuff that gets belted out at Old Firm games isn't.

If he’s not a bigot he’s a complete and utter moron. His patter is stinking on TalkSport anaw.

Using your high profile to draw a line in the sand when it comes to the new law's impact on women's rights is common sense. Giving what many of the Rangers fans will view as a high-profile nod of approval to the poisonous stuff that gets belted out at Old Firm games isn't.
    Using a high profile to obsessively attack transgender people and incite hateful and abusive pile-ons from 14.1 million followers is hardly common sense. That's not giving a nod of approval to poisonous stuff. It's instigating it.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    Using a high profile to obsessively attack transgender people and incite hateful and abusive pile-ons from 14.1 million followers is hardly common sense. That's not giving a nod of approval to poisonous stuff. It's instigating it.
    Don't forgot her getting involved in some casual holocaust denial, and then completely moving the goalposts when called out on it, when it comes to the trans community

Rowling is a radicalised bully who hides behind her posting being about women's rights when it really just comes from a place of hate
    Last edited by ElginHibbie; 04-04-2024 at 11:00 PM.

Its all just hate at the end of the day. Whatever tribe you’re representing.

So what hate crime was he going to commit? He’s completely keeked it since wonder if tnt and talk sport have said something?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    I'd imagine he's jumped in with both feet and he's referring to simply hating Celtic. I could imagine an ex-Hibs player saying it about Hearts. Just because the sectarianism is there doesn't mean it HAS to be about that. People can be clumsy, especially live on air.

Too late though, as it's grown all sorts of limbs and now it's a big massive thing. Like everything has to be these days.
    did you listen to it?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    You know it will be an Aberdeen fan or a Hibs fan who will be prosecuted first.

Ignoring the 50k bigoted songs being sung every week across the OF.

J
    The only thing that will stop that, is that it would open the flood gates to the thousands who sing bigoted things we all hear week after week .. being held to account … true justice … and the evidence is there in the thousands of people , honest witnesses .. who have heard it for years

… they don’t want that … truth … out in the open …

wow. just so sad … it’s people … not women … she is polarising humans …

if she wasn’t so rich and feeling so secure with that, would she speak out and hurt so many people that can’t speak back … that don’t have the voice in public channels like the bbc … sad stuff

… and again .. thats before we even get to sectarianism ..

“I like 50 000 other people in the stadium am going to commit a hate crime”

He wasn’t suggesting that he was going to be chanting “we all believe that woman is a term only applied to those born with a womb”

He is rank rotten as a commentator so not surprised he may be crapping it a bit.

McMoist, the ‘cuddly hun’.
    I’ve always despised him more than even the more forthright, obvious and odious hun types.
    He may be the ‘acceptable’ face of hunnery to many but I have never fell for his p1$4. The snide little $h1t.
    He always was, still is, and forever will be an ‘orrible c***!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    As has been said many a time, if these songs were about anyone other than Catholics there would be absolute outrage, quite rightly. However, he thinks the songs are not the problem it is these bad MSPs making legislation to stop bigotry and racism.
    He never even mentioned the songs. All he said is it’s likely that likely that he and 50 odd thousand others would likely break it on Sunday. That’s just stating a fact.

The likelihood is that thousands of people will breach it at Easter Road an aw on Saturday.