hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Ally McCoist on "Hate Crime"

Normally quite like Super Ally but have always had reservations about him for the sneaky punch during Souness's debut.

Shown his true colours with his comments about the singing that will take place during the Glasgow derby this weekend. He should be banned from TV for being a racist. You can be sure it won't happen though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Staggering.
    The mask slipped there Ally - cheeky chappie no more.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    What did he say?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I used to quite like him on co comms until he started to cry about ‘SNP Supporters’ booing GSTK Vs England.

Chump.

He’s a fud.

A Hun making excuses for Huns

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Wee sleekit cowrin tim'rous beastie.

Emphasis on the sleekit.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

He'll be singing the sash in his hoose anyway 🤥

Of course he is going to speak up for the huns, but on the legislation, does he or anyone else really understand what it says or means? A lot of GB News hype and hysteria, but in truth I have no idea whether it is good or bad. McCoist just playing to the gallery, the OF don't like any criticism.

Scottish football’s very own JK Rowling.

The huns exist in this pathetic little bubble where they cant see how objectionable their culture is to everyone else. I have a friend who’s currently’starring’ in this weird play called The Journey Back, dramatising the Rangers’ inevitable rise through the divisions as some sort of glorious rags to riches story. Tpuring mostlyTickets sold out immediately in Belfast of course.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did he say?
    All he said was that he and 50,000 other people would likely breach it on Sunday.

Cannae see anything wrong with that.

Scottish football’s very own JK Rowling.

The huns exist in this pathetic little bubble where they cant see how objectionable their culture is to everyone else. I have a friend who’s currently’starring’ in this weird but successful play called The Journey Back, dramatising the Rangers’ inevitable rise through the divisions as some sort of glorious rags to riches story. Touring mostly provincial wee theatres across Scotland, immediately sold out immediately in Belfast of course. The lack of awareness, that this story is actually about a cheating institution historically steeped in prejudice and bigotry seems to have passed my actress friend by, she thinks its great.

I heard McCoist say that.

He is in essence condoning bigot, sectarian signing.

Surprising this he has not been held to account for his views at the moment.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    All he said was that he and 50,000 other people would likely breach it on Sunday.

As has been said many a time, if these songs were about anyone other than Catholics there would be absolute outrage, quite rightly. However, he thinks the songs are not the problem it is these bad MSPs making legislation to stop bigotry and racism.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post

Looks that way and it will certainly be taken that way by a lot of the orcs. Reading the comment, however, it looks like McCoist hasn’t specified what his hate comments might be. Close to the wind for me but not quite crossed the line.

I can't tell if this is a whoosh moment for me but the guy has basically admitted he'll be breaking a law that, for the most part, is centred around stopping people from being bigots.

Maybe in his head he was trying to be a smart arse and make some sort of political point about the law itself or he maybe was trying to be too funny for his own good and claim 'hatred' for Celtic comes under the law. I don't know what was going through his head. But it's a very silly comment to make knowing full well what the law is designed to stop, and the sectarianism that goes with this fixture.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar

I can’t believe he came out with that.

I just hope he or someone else films him singing sectarian songs like he promised.

Guys a complete roaster.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The great west of Scotland “banter”.

For those of us looking in the very notion of sectarianism is a real head scratcher, particularly in 2024. For the Scots who attach themselves to the Old Firm and embrace the Irish based cultures that surround the clubs it’s just part of the fabric of life.

“Coisty” has just proven that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Of course he is going to speak up for the huns, but on the legislation, does he or anyone else really understand what it says or means? A lot of GB News hype and hysteria, but in truth I have no idea whether it is good or bad. McCoist just playing to the gallery, the OF don't like any criticism.
    I do … but I have family and friends who have been affected directly … including minors … by what this so called solution is designed to eradicate .. very very weakly though .. and they are actually emphasising that as they issue the legislation - so cowardly done - by saying the “bar will be set very high” to criminalise … so those who love their prejudices, well they can just crack on abusing,, as that’s what Scotland allows … “the bar is set high” … and that’s before we even come remotely close to talking about bigotry and suchlike … this won’t even touch that, don’t be fooled. We see, week after week, evidence of that…

Are you actually surprised ? I’m not, unfortunately. Much worse is overlooked continually in our country.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    As has been said many a time, if these songs were about anyone other than Catholics there would be absolute outrage, quite rightly. However, he thinks the songs are not the problem it is these bad MSPs making legislation to stop bigotry and racism.
    Exactly it well said

First Team Regular

You don't see anything wrong with singing sectarian or anti-Catholic songs? That's what McCoist appears to be condoning. Not only that but he says he will be joining in.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Ally has now claimed that he won't be going to the game as he had a previous family engagement that he had forgotten about

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

You have got to be joking

Coaching Staff
    Is the correct forum for this discussion?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Ally has now claimed that he won't be going to the game as he had a previous family engagement that he had forgotten about
    Walking away it’s The Rangers way

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    And that in a nutshell is why this problem will never be eradicated.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    You have got to be joking
    I think the point here, although we may think we know what he meant by it, he never said he would be singing sectarian songs. He might be thinking “I’ll sing if you hate the Glasgow Celtic clap your hands”. Way too trivial to be hate CRIME surely?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I think the point here, although we may think we know what he meant by it, he never said he would be singing sectarian songs. He might be thinking “I’ll sing if you hate the Glasgow Celtic clap your hands”. Way too trivial to be hate CRIME surely?
    He said he would be breaching the bill along with all Rangers fans. Think it was clear

@hibs.net private member
    Think he’s made a light hearted comment about how open to interpretation/ easy breached the daft new law is and it’s been blown well out of proportion. I personally couldn’t give a crap and he’s still one of the few decent commentators out there at the moment.