hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They had a red card overturned on appeal for Lundstrum last season in the 2-2 game. I highly doubt we'd have had that red card overturned on appeal however, given he made zero attempt to play the ball and caught boyle late, high and from behind
    Sticks in the craw to admit it, but Doyle-Hayes should have been red carded rather than booked for a similar challenge in the first half. Downgrading Lundstrom was the only fair outcome.

And that's what still pisses me off about the Porteous straight red at Ibrox when earlier in the same game a nasty over the ball lunge by Lundstrom on Doig wasn't even a foul.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Been racking my brains but the only time I can recall getting a decision against Rangers / The Rangers in almost 60 years of watching Hibs was when Stephen McLean gave an obvious The Rangers free-kick to Hibs deep into stoppage time on 21-05-2016 inside their own half

Have to admit I always thought he was fair up until the recent cup tie

Call me paranoid
    His performance last season at Parkhead when he sent off Youan for next to nothing, didn't give us a pen only to be corrected by Var, gave them two penalties one corrected again by Var for the Celtic player falling over his feet was a particular recent highlight.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    His performance last season at Parkhead when he sent off Youan for next to nothing, didn't give us a pen only to be corrected by Var, gave them two penalties one corrected again by Var for the Celtic player falling over his feet was a particular recent highlight.
    Forgot about that the Youan sending off was a shocker

I honestly believe that Refs in Scotland show an unconscious bias against us and I do not think I am alone

You only have to go to the games or look at the stats the last The Rangers game for example two sendings off a penalty loads of ridiculous decisions spoiling the game as a contest hardly worth paying to watch tbh

Will be interesting to see what pearls of wisdom pop up from the rule book on Saturday against us

Still shaking my head over recent penalties awarded against us versus Celtic accidental clash of heads and Celtic being awarded a pen when their shot on target did not go in if that was Hibs play on in both incidents

Forgot about that the Youan sending off was a shocker

I honestly believe that Refs in Scotland show an unconscious bias against us and I do not think I am alone

You only have to go to the games or look at the stats the last The Rangers game for example two sendings off a penalty loads of ridiculous decisions spoiling the game as a contest hardly worth paying to watch tbh

Will be interesting to see what pearls of wisdom pop up from the rule book on Saturday against us

Still shaking my head over recent penalties awarded against us versus Celtic accidental clash of heads and Celtic being awarded a pen when their shot on target did not go in if that was Hibs play on in both incidents
    Your final paragraph is spot on in both instances it is play on no minute analysis of contact to contrive a decision. Even more bizarre in that game was that there was no apparent review of Boyle pen or the Ralston handball both of which we didn't get and they would have got.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Your final paragraph is spot on in both instances it is play on no minute analysis of contact to contrive a decision. Even more bizarre in that game was that there was no apparent review of Boyle pen or the Ralston handball both of which we didn't get and they would have got.
    For those incidents you can definitely point to the meeting Rangers called with SFA in the fall out over the only decision that has went against them this season to discuss the matter with some urgency.

Since then, the Old Firm have got every decision going in their favour, however marginal, in order to ensure that a title race is not going to be decided on a contentious decision against either.

The Old Firm can still drop points as we’ve seen, and we can still get something on Saturday, but it won’t be because of a contentious decision going in our favour. We also have to be on the absolute top of our game to earn anything, whereas with the ‘benefit of doubt’ advantage Rangers will have can mean they can still dig out a win if not performing to their best.

Because Celtic are getting the exact same advantage, Rangers may come to regret calling their emergency meeting with the SFA as the run-in plays out.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I’ve seen worse refereeing performances, and ive even seen performances that changed a game even more egregiously. But ive never been at a game where it was more apparent that each team was being reffed to a different standard than that Rangers cup game. McLean was giving us nothing from the first minute to the point where the result was no longer in any doubt. And he did it with an enthusiasm that was nauseating.
    This. It was perhaps the most naked display of double standards I have ever seen in the football context.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    For our trip to Ibrox:

Referee: David Dickinson
    AR1: David McGeachie
    AR2: Ross Macleod
    Fourth Official: Colin Steven

VAR: Andrew Dallas
    AVAR: David Roome

Dickinson appears to have reffed us twice this season, both were games against killie (monty's first game in charge and a 1-0 win for us)

His last game was killie vs Rangers where the latter got their customary pen...

That's a particularly 'staunch' line up. Decision: Penalty to Rangers.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    Been racking my brains but the only time I can recall getting a decision against Rangers / The Rangers in almost 60 years of watching Hibs was when Stephen McLean gave an obvious The Rangers free-kick to Hibs deep into stoppage time on 21-05-2016 inside their own half

Have to admit I always thought he was fair up until the recent cup tie

Call me paranoid
    Thought that was a clear free kick to Hibs for a high boot on McGeough, although most of the players seemed to think it was a free kick to the Huns as well

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    Thought that was a clear free kick to Hibs for a high boot on McGeough, although most of the players seemed to think it was a free kick to the Huns as well
    We’ll take it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    That's a particularly 'staunch' line up. Decision: Penalty to Rangers.
    Yes even David Rome had to add an additional O to appear staunch 😄

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Sky reporting that Rodgers is given a 2 game ban, but one suspended. He was way over the top compared to Paul McGinns “inept” comment which earned him a 2 match suspension. They really are consistently inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Monktonhall 7 View Post
    Sky reporting that Rodgers is given a 2 game ban, but one suspended. He was way over the top compared to Paul McGinns “inept” comment which earned him a 2 match suspension. They really are consistently inconsistent.
    Inconsistent is one word for it. They just didn’t want to sit him in the stand at Ibrox, simple as that.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Why can’t Managers call out poor decisions made by referees? They are only stating what everyone else is saying. I can’t think of any other profession/body/institution that is protected from criticism like referees. There has to be an independent review body that legitimate complaints, about referees, can be referred, without Clubs being sanctioned.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Why can’t Managers call out poor decisions made by referees? They are only stating what everyone else is saying. I can’t think of any other profession/body/institution that is protected from criticism like referees. There has to be an independent review body that legitimate complaints, about referees, can be referred, without Clubs being sanctioned.
    I agree with you, but right now they can’t under current SFA rules, and as usual a decision is made that allows him to be in the dugout for the Rangers game, but only 18 months ago the same governing body suspended our player for 2 games because he called them inept. It’s cheating.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    I agree with you, but right now they can’t under current SFA rules, and as usual a decision is made that allows him to be in the dugout for the Rangers game, but only 18 months ago the same governing body suspended our player for 2 games because he called them inept. It’s cheating.
    There is definitely something wrong with the current rules as they stand. As others have said, we have a two tier system. I don’t think anyone can argue that we and other teams in the league, aren’t treated the same way as the Old Firm.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    There is definitely something wrong with the current rules as they stand. As others have said, we have a two tier system. I don’t think anyone can argue that we and other teams in the league, aren’t treated the same way as the Old Firm.
    I thought there was a 2 tier system at play but the last few months have absolutely convinced me it is actually a 3 tier one

rangers will get a pen for handball in play, from the ref that was on var at aberdeen when he never gave us a stonewaller.

steven mclean when we scored at parkhead to get go one nil up he done everything he could to make sure celtic won, 9 minutes injury time first half sending of youan and non pens for celtic even booking the manager for kicking the ball back on the pitch even though the ball boys were at it all day. a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I suppose it does, the point I was making was that they'll favour Rangers more than it being about punishing Hibs. There's a difference with the intent.
    That’s what I thought your point was too, not sure where or why punishment was viewed to come into it .. I am always amazed though, how some Hibs fans defend and protect the corrupt status quo .. have they been watching Scottish football ? Or just listening to the media, and are brainwashed perhaps.

Some of the decisions are so biased, they make you laugh … but not in happiness, just in disgust and total bewilderment at how people can watch and believe ... it’s like reliving my first reading of Animal Farm as a young teenager .. what’s in front of your eyes … continually … and yet ignore, and then actually try to justify … Orwell would’ve shook his head at some of the stuff said here …

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    For our trip to Ibrox:

Referee: David Dickinson
    AR1: David McGeachie
    AR2: Ross Macleod
    Fourth Official: Colin Steven

VAR: Andrew Dallas
    AVAR: David Roome

Dickinson appears to have reffed us twice this season, both were games against killie (monty's first game in charge and a 1-0 win for us)

His last game was killie vs Rangers where the latter got their customary pen...
    Doesn't matter who the ref is we're playing against 12 + var officials......Lanarkshire ref cabal.. et all...if you play in green colours your handicapped!!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This is undoubtedly true.

To be honest it's not just here it happens.

If you read as much about football around the world as I have it soon becomes clear that favouritism and bias towards the biggest clubs is endemic practically everywhere.
    ..more prevalent here my friend.

Its a sad state of affairs. We have some of the most exciting talent in our side i can remember for a long time, we’re starting to show some decent performances from time to time, but i just cant believe we’ll get a fair official against them at the moment. It makes me wonder why i even bother when i feel like that.

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    It's not really more prevalent here. It's simply because it's on our doorstep that it appears so. Watch the EPL and the top teams get more than their fair share of decisions. The hierarchy must be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    Hardly. Juve were relegated for bribery and corruption involving refs in Italy. Barca were fined £7 million for bribing the referees association in Spain. Corruption in places like Greece and Turkey is common knowledge.
    Last edited by flash; 29-03-2024 at 12:04 PM.