hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I worked for the same bank as him in a past life. He supported Aberdeen growing up. His wife worked in the office for Hearts AND then Hibs.
    Went to the same Boys Brigrade as Crawford (he was year below me at Craigmount).

He was an Aberdeen fan, and fairly harmless, a nice guy, pretty quiet, and as far from a corrupt referee as you could get.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    At the end of the season, loved this bit of gaslighting in their announcement about it

"We must work together to alleviate the unsustainable pressure on match officials and VAR operators, to remove the convenient blame culture attached to subjective or unpopular decisions, and to ensure more focus is placed on the entertainers rather than the on-field facilitators"
    Someone wrote that down. They likely edited and reread it a few times and then someone else probably signed off on it. A PR Agency might have had a hand in it too. And then someone has posted it and distributed to the press.

It would have been very easy to have acknowledged that they’re striving, as professional people do in all kinds of organisations, to achieve higher standards in everything they do, but no, they’re bleating about a blame culture while accepting no responsibility. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    Someone wrote that down. They likely edited and reread it a few times and then someone else probably signed off on it. A PR Agency might have had a hand in it too. And then someone has posted it and distributed to the press.

It would have been very easy to have acknowledged that they’re striving, as professional people do in all kinds of organisations, to achieve higher standards in everything they do, but no, they’re bleating about a blame culture while accepting no responsibility. Pathetic.
    Which just screams culpability.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Silversand View Post
    Went to the same Boys Brigrade as Crawford (he was year below me at Craigmount).

He was an Aberdeen fan, and fairly harmless, a nice guy, pretty quiet, and as far from a corrupt referee as you could get.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
    I worked with him for a few years. Always complimentary about the way Hibs looked after officials. He has no axe to grind with us. A decent guy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    I worked for the same bank as him in a past life. He supported Aberdeen growing up. His wife worked in the office for Hearts AND then Hibs.
    Can confirm all of the above is true.

I’ve worked indirectly with Crawford at the same bank. I’ve also worked with him at various golf events for over 20 years. He is a really nice guy. No real airs and graces. As honest as the day is long.
    He has always been up front with me about Scottish football in general, even more so when I’ve quizzed him post Hibs games about some decisions he made during a match.

For what it’s worth, I did think VAR would be good for the game in general. So far it’s probably a 2 out of 10, so vast room for improvement. I don’t believe for one minute that the SFA, or Crawford for that matter, intended for matters to reach this point though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Which just screams culpability.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Agree that is a terrible statement especially the convenient blame culture bit. Complete lack of any responsibility and accountability. They are really poor and can't remember the standard being lower they need to rip it up and start again but that would mean the establishment and no doubt our two biggest clubs releasing some of the control of the referees in this country.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    And another thing lands on his desk - St Johnstone a day after Motherwell? Have been writing a statement. Apporoaching Tipping point if it has been reached already…
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.